Thugs Attack And Strip Don Pedro Obaseki Naked During Football Game In Benin City

Chaos erupted in Benin City on Sunday after suspected political thugs attacked and humiliated Don Pedro Obaseki, the Chief Executive Officer of Hosamudia Farm. Obaseki, who is a cousin of former Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki, was reportedly playing football at Uwa Primary School when the assailants stormed the field and attacked him. A video of the incident later surfaced online, showing him being stripped naked and subjected to physical abuse. Eyewitnesses said the thugs forcefully abducted Obaseki and marched him to the Oba of Benin’s palace, where he was compelled to kneel at the palace gate. The attackers reportedly informed palace guards that they had arrested an “Oghion (enemy) of Oba.” Palace chiefs later intervened and cautioned the thugs against causing unrest, explaining that the Oba was on his way to the Holy Arousa Cathedral for a thanksgiving service to mark the end of the Igue festival. One of the chiefs warned, “Today is thanksgiving day at the Holy Arousa. We don’t want any trouble. If there is anybody that counts himself as an enemy of the Oba, allow him and see how he will end up.” Despite objections from the attackers, the palace chiefs eventually took Obaseki into the palace. Reacting to the incident, former governor Godwin Obaseki condemned the attack, describing it as a gross abuse of human rights and a dangerous disregard for the rule of law. “I strongly condemn the violent attack on my cousin, Dr. Pedro Obaseki, by armed thugs. Dr Obaseki, a former Managing Director of DAAR Communications and a renowned journalist, was attacked at Uwa Primary School, where he was subjected to physical assault, intimidation, and torture by the armed thugs before being forcefully taken to the palace.” He urged security agencies to immediately carry out a thorough and transparent investigation to ensure the perpetrators are held accountable. “A situation where thugs and non-state actors appear to freely take the law into their own hands on behalf of high-profile individuals and those in positions of authority can only result in one outcome, a degeneration into a state of anarchy, which will do no one any good.” The former governor also called on human rights groups, civil society organisations, and concerned Nigerians to speak out against what he described as a blatant violation of fundamental rights. Meanwhile, Edo State Police Public Relations Officer, Eno Ikoedem, said the situation had been brought under control, adding that the Commissioner of Police, Monday Agbonika, had met with the parties involved to address the matter.

Read More

LASTMA Warns Against Road Blocking, Urges Respect For Traffic During Crossover Night Services

The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has urged motorists, religious organizations, and event organizers to refrain from indiscriminate road parking and blocking access roads during crossover night services across the state. Spokesperson Adebayo Taofiq shared the warning in a statement on Sunday, noting that it was issued by the agency’s General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, in anticipation of increased traffic during the crossover period. Taofiq emphasized that while LASTMA respects residents’ right to observe religious activities, such events should not hinder the movement of other road users. He further reminded motorists to respect the rights of others to free and safe passage on Lagos roads.

Read More

Tragic Truck Accident Kills Four, Injures Seven At Nasarawa Eggon Festival

Four people have lost their lives, and seven others sustained injuries in a serious truck accident in Nasarawa Eggon Local Government Area, Nasarawa State. The crash, which involved three trucks, occurred during a procession at the annual Eggon Festival and Carnival held at Eggon Community Secondary School, turning what is usually a lively celebration into a scene of grief. Yahaya Sabo, Corps Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), told Radio Nigeria Precious FM that reckless driving was the cause of the accident and that investigations are ongoing. Eyewitnesses called the incident tragic and avoidable, blaming the truck drivers for not exercising caution amid the crowded festival environment. The deceased have been taken to the Federal University of Lafia Teaching Hospital, while the injured are receiving treatment at the General Hospital in Nasarawa Eggon.

Read More

Popular Influencer, AuntieEsther Dies After Cancer Battle And Blood Transfusion Controversy

Mensah Omolola, a social media user and cancer patient widely known on X as AuntieEsther, has died after months of public attention surrounding her decision to decline a blood transfusion as part of her treatment. Her death was confirmed on Saturday by media personality #AUNTYMUSE_, who stood by her throughout her medical journey. Responding to a post announcing her passing by an X user, Tabuko, tweeting as swaggsphotos, who wrote, “Unfortunately, we lost Aunty Esther.Very Sad!”, #AUNTYMUSE_ replied, “May her soul rest in peace 🙏🙏.” AuntieEsther had become the focus of national debate after she openly rejected a blood transfusion recommended by doctors during her cancer treatment, citing her faith as a Jehovah’s Witness. The case gained even more attention after Nigerians donated over ₦30 million to support her medical care. The fundraising effort was largely driven by charity advocate Wisdom Obi-Dickson, popularly known on X as #Wizarab10, who disclosed that a total of ₦30.7 million had been raised as of December 1, 2025. In an earlier update shared on her X account, AuntieEsther revealed that medical tests showed the cancer was limited to her breast and armpit areas. She explained that while doctors recommended chemotherapy, her blood levels needed to be improved first. “My organs inside fine. Doc say she want to start chemotherapy but I go take injection,” she wrote, adding that she and her family had chosen treatment options aimed at boosting her blood count without transfusion. She also expressed gratitude to her supporters, saying, “I appreciate everybody. Thank you #Wizarab10 and #the_beardsina. God bless.” The situation later became more controversial when Obi-Dickson disclosed that AuntieEsther’s church had cautioned her against accepting a blood transfusion, warning of possible disciplinary measures, including disfellowship. He explained that doctors presented two options: a treatment involving blood transfusion that was affordable within the donated funds, or a more expensive and prolonged alternative that avoided transfusion. “Though it will take longer and cost more, we have to respect her religious beliefs,” Obi-Dickson said at the time. He later voiced frustration, stating that despite repeated medical advice, AuntieEsther, her family and church leaders remained firm in rejecting transfusion under any circumstances, adding that such a stance meant they should bear greater responsibility for the outcome. In response, #AUNTYMUSE_ maintained that AuntieEsther’s refusal of blood transfusion had been made clear from the outset, even before fundraising began. She added that doctors had indicated the non-transfusion treatment option could still be effective. The controversy triggered intense debate online, with some Nigerians questioning whether donated funds should have been redirected to other patients if recommended life-saving medical interventions were being declined.

Read More

7,000 Forest Guards Graduated To Strengthen Environmental Security In Northern Nigeria

The Federal Government has officially graduated 7,000 newly trained Forest Guards in a ceremony held simultaneously across seven northern states on Saturday. The parades took place in Borno, Sokoto, Yobe, Adamawa, Niger, Kwara, and Kebbi, coordinated by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Environment, the Department of State Services (DSS), and the National Park Service. The move is part of ongoing efforts to boost environmental security and strengthen the protection of Nigeria’s forest reserves and national parks. The Forest Guards are expected to play a key role in tackling illegal logging, wildlife trafficking, and other environmental crimes, while also supporting broader national security operations. Graduates underwent specialised training provided jointly by security and environmental agencies to prepare them for duties in forest communities and protected areas. Officials highlighted that the joint effort aims to improve intelligence-sharing, enhance inter-agency collaboration, and ensure a stronger security presence in remote locations prone to criminal activity. The new Forest Guards are scheduled to be deployed to their respective duty posts in the coming weeks.

Read More

Suspected Bomb Blast Kills Several Travelers On Zamfara Road

Several travelers have reportedly lost their lives following a suspected bomb explosion along the Yar’Tasha–Dansadau road in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State. Zamfara State Police Public Relations Officer, Yazid Abubakar, confirmed the incident to Daily Post, saying it occurred on Saturday afternoon, but added that details are still limited. “I can confirm that there was a blast in that area, but the incident just happened. I can’t provide details yet. I will update you later,” Abubakar said during a telephone interview. Local residents believe the explosion may have been caused by bandits, who have been carrying out attacks across the state. A video currently circulating on social media shows travelers panicking and fleeing the scene.

Read More

Jandor Praises Tinubu’s Economic Policies for Easing Local Government Access to Funds

Abdulazeez Adediran, popularly known as Jandor, has lauded President Bola Tinubu for implementing economic measures that have streamlined funding for local governments in Lagos State. The former PDP governorship candidate met with Tinubu at the president’s Lagos residence, where he discussed ways to align federal and state visions. “I had the privilege of conferring with Mr. President during his Christmas holiday in Lagos, and our discussion was highly insightful,” Adediran said. “He emphasized the need for continued alignment between the Centre and the states.” Now a member of the APC, Jandor briefed Tinubu on the 100-day achievements of Lagos State local government administrations and how federal allocations are being utilised. “During the 100-day celebrations of some local governments, I highlighted to Mr. President how these administrations are efficiently using the resources released from the federation account,” he explained. “Local governments are now completing roads, health centres, customary courts, and other developmental projects within just 100 days. I expressed my appreciation for the president’s bold economic policies and accountability measures that have made it easier for grassroots governments to access funds.”

Read More

Asari Dokubo Insists US Airstrikes In Sokoto Hit Empty Land, Demands Proof Of Terrorist Casualties

Former Niger Delta militant leader Asari Dokubo has rejected claims that United States airstrikes in Sokoto State killed bandits, describing the operation as ineffective and misleading. Asari said the strikes achieved nothing, insisting the missiles were dropped on vacant land and did not hit any criminal targets. He alleged that the operation involved only drones and questioned the authenticity of the entire exercise. In a video shared on X, he challenged the Nigerian government to provide concrete evidence that at least one terrorist was eliminated during the airstrikes. He also maintained that Nigeria’s status as a sovereign nation makes it impossible for US soldiers to be deployed on its territory. Asari further stated that he is not intimidated by the United States or its president, arguing that the strikes only exposed innocent civilians to danger rather than weakening bandit groups. “The US army strike in Sokoto did not harm any bandits. They only dropped bombs in an open field, endangering the lives of innocent people. Do you think I’m afraid of President Donald Trump?”

Read More