Tim Godfrey’s Collaboration With Oxlade On “Infinity” Sparks Mixed Reactions Among Christians

Tim Godfrey’s Collaboration With Oxlade On “Infinity” Sparks Mixed Reactions Among Christians

Nigerian gospel artist Tim Godfrey has stirred mixed reactions online following the release of his new single “Infinity,” featuring Afrobeats singer Oxlade. The track, which dropped this week, serves as the seventh song on Godfrey’s upcoming 12-track studio album No Label. It blends contemporary gospel rhythms with Oxlade’s smooth R&B and Afrobeats style, creating a fusion that has drawn both praise and criticism. While many listeners have hailed the collaboration for its creativity and crossover appeal, others — particularly within Nigeria’s Christian community — have questioned the choice of featuring Oxlade, who is widely known for secular hits such as “Ku Lo Sa” and “Away.” In a statement unveiling the song, Godfrey described Infinity as a “magnificent piece” that aligns with his vision of spreading faith-driven music to a broader audience. The single follows Praise the Lord, which also appears on the forthcoming album. Reactions on social media have been divided, with supporters celebrating the blend of genres as a modern expression of worship, while critics argue that inviting a secular artist onto a gospel record undermines the sacred nature of the message.

Read More

Tim Godfrey Criticizes Churches for Poor Treatment of Gospel Artists, Reveals Being Paid in Yams and Live Chicken

Gospel singer Tim Godfrey has raised concerns over the way some churches in Nigeria treat gospel artists, revealing that he has been paid with yams and even a live chicken for his performances. In a video shared on Thursday by AsakuGRN on X, the award-winning singer expressed frustration over the lack of fair compensation for gospel performers, saying it has made performing in Nigeria increasingly challenging. “I don’t like coming. I come to Nigeria, but it has become difficult because of how artists are being treated,” Godfrey said in the viral clip. He described receiving food items instead of monetary payment and questioned how artists are expected to meet basic expenses. “I have collected tubers of yams as honorarium. I have even received a living, breathing chicken. How am I supposed to pay school fees, rent, or buy property with that? It’s completely unfair,” he added. The singer’s remarks have sparked widespread debate on social media about the ethics of church payments for gospel performances and the need to properly support artists in ministry settings.  

Read More

Ogun Police Arrest TikTok Star Mirabel Over False Rape Claim

The Ogun State Police Command has taken TikTok star Mirabel into custody as part of an investigation into claims that she may have staged a recent sexual assault incident that went viral online. DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, the Command’s spokesperson, confirmed on Friday that Mirabel is being held for questioning while authorities verify the details of her report. “She is with us now, and the investigation is ongoing,” Babaseyi said, adding that any potential charges will depend on the evidence gathered. “The facts will tell at the conclusion of our investigation so we can reach a logical conclusion on whether those allegations were true or not,” he explained. The case began on February 15 when Mirabel, known on social media as @mirab351, posted videos alleging that an unidentified man broke into her home and assaulted her. In the clips, she claimed the alleged attacker boasted about his influential family connections that could shield him from legal consequences. In the following days, Mirabel spoke with social media activist Martins Otse, widely known as VeryDarkMan, admitting that she had been using drugs at the time and may have been hallucinating. Her statements have since cast doubt on the accuracy of her original allegations.

Read More

Anthony Joshua Returns to Training, May Fight in July

Anthony Joshua could make his return to the ring in July, according to Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn. The former two-time unified world heavyweight champion was involved in a car accident in December that left two of his close friends dead. Joshua did not suffer severe injuries, but it was unclear if and when he would compete again. Hearn has now revealed that the 36-year-old, who most recently fought Jake Paul in Miami, could be back in the ring this summer. “I’m looking at options to get him back in the ring in July,” Hearn told the press in Nottingham on Thursday. “We’ll only know if that’s a real possibility when he returns to camp.” Hearn also outlined plans for Joshua’s next opponents amid ongoing talk of a fight with Tyson Fury, who came out of retirement again last month. “Originally, the plan for AJ was for him to fight in March and then fight Tyson Fury in August. That’s not happening,” Hearn said. “He’s not fighting Tyson Fury next. He’s going to come back, I believe, late summer, but physically he’s not yet in a position to return to camp. I’m planning, but he’s just resting and preparing.” Hearn added that Joshua’s return to camp “will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks or a month”. On a potential date for the Fury fight, he said: “I think every fight is dangerous, coming off what he’s come off. We’re open to the Fury fight but probably more likely [near the] end of the year, maybe early 2027.” Fury, meanwhile, has said Joshua’s accident in Nigeria was a factor in his decision to come out of retirement, with The Gypsy King set to fight Arslanbek Makhmudov on April 11. “The biggest turning point in this comeback for me was a tragedy that happened with Anthony Joshua,” revealed Fury. “I was on holiday with my family in Thailand for Christmas, then I hear all that bad news that’s gone on, and I thought life is very, very short and very precious and very fragile and anything can happen at any given moment. “You should never put things off until tomorrow or next year or next week, because tomorrow is never promised to nobody. “The Bible says ‘Tomorrow is not a gift, tomorrow ain’t promised, tomorrow is a mystery’. So we have to live for today. “I made my mind up there and then that I’m going to come back to boxing because it’s something that I love, and I’m passionate about, and I’ve always been in love with, and there is no tomorrow to put it off too, so that’s why I’m back today for this big fight.”

Read More

VeryDarkMan Speaks On Mirabel Controversy, Says She Should Face Charge For Spreading False Information

VeryDarkMan has weighed in on the ongoing Mirabel controversy, stating that she cannot be prosecuted for false accusation since no individual was directly mentioned. “For it to be false accusation, there must be somebody that was accused,” he stated. He, however, pointed out that she could face legal consequences for allegedly spreading false information, noting that such an offence attracts a possible seven-year jail term or a fine. “What she did caused panic. A lot of people were disturbed… Yes, she should be charged for false information,” he added. I see how everyone is saying Mirabel should be arrested for false accusation. Mirabel cannot be arrested for false accusation because for it to be a false accusation, there has to be someone who was actually accused. She didn’t accuse anybody. If you say she should be arrested… pic.twitter.com/zD5H6fINEc — TENIOLA (@Teeniiola) February 20, 2026

Read More

Super Eagles to Play Iran, Jordan in Four-Nation Tournament

Three-time African champions Nigeria will feature in a Four-Nation Invitational Tournament in Amman, capital of Jordan, during next month’s FIFA Men’s International Window. The mini-tournament will kick off with a clash between the Super Eagles and the senior men national team of Iran, at the 17,000-capacity Amman International Stadium, on Friday, 27th March 2026. The same day, the senior men national teams of Jordan and Costa Rica will be at each other’s jugular at the 62,000-capacity King Abdullah Sports City Stadium, also in Amman. On Tuesday, 31st March, hosts Jordan will take on 2025 AFCON bronze-medallists Nigeria at the Amman International Stadium, while Costa Rica will confront Iran at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium. Organizers will announce the time-schedule for the four matches in a few days.

Read More

Victor Boniface Tells Social Media User “Hope You Get Better Lawyer” Over False Drug Claims

Super Eagles and Bundesliga star Victor Boniface has hit back at a social media user who accused him of failing a drug test and being banned from football. The X user claimed: “Victor Boniface has now been banned from football for 2 years by FIFA after it was reported he tested positive for the hard drug tests, cocaine to be precise. Must Nigerian celebrities do drugs?” Boniface responded firmly, writing: “Hope you get better lawyer. For ur sake I pray you get.” There is no official confirmation of any ban or positive drug test involving Boniface, and the claims appear baseless. The striker has continued his professional career and recently resumed training following knee surgery, preparing for a full return to the pitch. The exchange underscores the impact of false rumours on public figures and the need for caution before spreading unverified claims about athletes.

Read More

Mc Fish Flaunts Alleged New Lover in Viral Video Following Split With Anita Joseph

A video of MC Fish, the ex-husband of Nollywood actress Anita Joseph, with an alleged new partner has been trending online. The clips show the couple laughing, smiling, and enjoying each other’s company. In one scene, they are spotted at a red carpet event, hugging and posing together with broad smiles, drawing attention from fans and social media users. This comes after MC Fish and Anita Joseph recently ended their marriage. The video has sparked conversations online, with many noting that the hype man appears to be moving on and embracing a new chapter in his personal life. Video of Anita Joseph’s Ex-husband, MC Fish and his alleged new lover makes the rounds.#94pagesmedia #fyp #celebritygist #anitajoseph #mcfish pic.twitter.com/lr5s4Cu2y0 — 94pagesmedia (@94pagesmedia) February 20, 2026

Read More

BBNaija Star Maria Chike Denies Husband-Snatching Allegations, Says She Was Unaware Partner Was Married

BBNaija star Maria Chike Benjamin has addressed claims that she “snatched” a man from his marriage, insisting she had no idea her partner was married when they first started dating. In an interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo, Maria denied ever intending to interfere in someone else’s relationship. She said, “I actually wasn’t aware whether or not he was married when we first started dating… I didn’t destroy any marriage. I have never and would never.” Maria explained that much of the controversy stems from other people’s personal matters, not her own actions. She added that she does not owe the public an explanation of every detail of her private life, saying, “There’s just so much personal stuff that would have to come out, and I’m not ready for that. It’s not my personal stuff—other people’s personal stuff—and it has nothing to do with me. I would never shed light on it because I don’t owe anyone that sort of explanation.” The reality TV star also emphasized that she would never deliberately hurt another woman, acknowledging the pain caused when a partner is unfaithful. “I know how it feels when intruders come into a relationship or marriage. I would never even try to do that to another woman,” she said. Her comments come amid ongoing public scrutiny over her relationship and the circumstances surrounding it, as Maria seeks to clarify her position while protecting her privacy. “I wasn’t aware he was married when we first started dating” — BBNaija star Maria Chike addresses husband-snatching allegations. pic.twitter.com/99X3BPXBua https://t.co/VJxSFfZWIc — YabaLeftOnline (@yabaleftonline) February 20, 2026

Read More

Ama Reginald Confronts Boutique Cleaner Over Alleged Theft and Online Flaunting

Socialite Ama Reginald recently confronted a staff member at her boutique after discovering that the employee had been stealing clothes. Ama revealed that the newly hired cleaner had been taking items from the store, wearing them to church, and posting photos on Facebook showcasing the stolen outfits. Evidence shared by Ama showed the staff member flaunting the boutique’s clothing on her social media page. In a video that circulated online, the cleaner is seen kneeling in a room as Ama scolds her over the alleged theft. The incident has sparked discussions about trust, workplace discipline, and the challenges business owners face in ensuring accountability among employees. https://twitter. com/i/status/2024760330094571675

Read More