Tyson Fury takes up ‘new job’ weeks after quitting boxing

Tyson Fury appears to be enjoying the retirement life by training his wife Paris at a local gym in Lancashire. Last month, the 36-year-old announced his decision to walk away from the sport of boxing following back-to-back defeats to Oleksandr Usyk. “Hi everybody, I’m going to make this short and sweet,” he said to the camera. “I’d like to announce my retirement from boxing. It’s been a blast, I’ve loved every single minute of it. I’m going to end with this. Dick Turpin wore a mask. God bless everybody, see you on the other side. Get up!” Fury was recently seen taking his family to Disneyland Paris. Tyson, his wife Paris, and their seven kids spent the day at the park, enjoying the rides and attractions. Paris shared photos from their trip on social media, showing the family having a great time. Tyson was seen pushing his youngest child in a stroller, smiling as they explored the park together. Paris captioned the wholesome post: “If you can dream it, you can do it” Walt Disney.” For now, it seems as if the ‘Gypsy King’ is happy with his decision and it looks as if he has taken up a new job, being Paris’ personal trainer. In a story uploaded to his official Instagram page, Fury, along with wife Paris, were working out at the Salt Ayre Leisure Centre in Lancaster, Lancashire. The pair were seemingly warming up on the treadmills before Fury asked his wife: “How’re you feeling, babe?,” to which she immediately replied: “Tired.” Fury continued: “Tired, on your warm up?! Training her right up I am. What a sort she’s going to be when I train her right up! How’re you feeling?” Paris jokingly replied back: “You’re as daft as a brush.” The ‘Gypsy King’ concluded: “Daft as a brush? Please, that’s a compliment, daft as a brush. Of course I am!” It’s fair to say that the British heavyweight star was looking rather lean in the video amid talks of a potential showdown with rival Anthony Joshua despite being fulled retired. Derek Chisora, a former foe of the ‘Gypsy King’ believes the 36-year-old will make yet another return to the ring to take on ‘AJ.’ His comments came after ‘Del Boy’ sensationally toppled Otto Wallin in his penultimate fight on Saturday night. Fury’s long-time promoter Frank Warren recently revealed that the former heavyweight star is set to make some ‘serious announcements’ soon. Speaking on the Seconds Out YouTube channel, he said: “Didn’t even discuss it with him,” the 72-year-old said of the Brit returning to the ring. He later added: “He’s enjoying himself. He’s had a hard, hard year last year. Tough fights, three training camps… tough times. Missed his family, missed his kids.” Warren revealed he wouldn’t encourage Fury to fight again before adding that the former world champion is set to reveal a big announcement. “I wouldn’t encourage him to fight again,” he continued. “But if he does fight again, who knows, he may do it again. If he does that’s up to him. What I know he’s going to be doing is making some serious announcements about things he is doing outside of the ring that are exciting. I’m not going to say what they are, but they are bloody exciting. Everybody’s going to love it.”

Read More

Ndidi returns to Leicester training next week

Nigerian international Wilfred Ndidi could be included in Leicester City team training next week. Ndidi has played just two matches under Ruud van Nistelrooy, injuring his hamstring in the 2-2 draw with Brighton in early December. Since then, City have lost all seven Premier League games they’ve played. But the Nigerian midfielder is now close to a comeback. Van Nistelrooy expects him to be back alongside his team-mates at Seagrave next week, in the build-up to the trip to Everton. “Wilfred is making very good progress in his rehabilitation. Hopefully he can be part of team training next week some time,” Van Nistelrooy stated.

Read More

Victor Moses resumes training at Luton Town 

Former Super Eagles midfielder Victor Moses has resumed training with his new club, Luton Town FC.  The 33-year-old posted pictures of his training at the new club on Friday. Moses said: “I’m looking forward to it. “I had a few offers from Europe, but I said to my agent that I set my mind on staying over here, and here we are. I’m very pleased and honoured to be at this club and I just can’t wait to get going. “I spoke to Rob before I came, I spoke to the directors and they told me the plan and the history of the club, and I just want to be part of the success. “I want to come here and enjoy my football, work hard for the club and for the team, and get back to where we belong in the Premier League.”

Read More