Man Utd scouts Osimhen

Manchester United have reportedly sent scouts to monitor Galatasaray striker Victor Osimhen, according to talkSPORT. Osimhen, 26, recently scored twice in Galatasaray’s 2-1 victory over Rizespor, further solidifying their lead at the top of the table. This performance has reportedly intensified United’s interest as they seek to bolster their attacking options in the upcoming transfer window. However, securing Osimhen’s signature may prove challenging. The Nigerian international commands a significant wage, reportedly around £200,000 per week, and is keen to play in the Champions League. While United are interested, they face competition from other clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain, who are reportedly preparing for the departure of Randal Kolo Muani. Osimhen has previously expressed a desire to play in the Premier League, stating last year, “Future in the Premier League? Of course, I would like to play it one day, for now I have other plans for my career. When the time comes you will know everything.” Since acquiring a minority stake in Manchester United nearly a year ago, Sir Jim Ratcliffe has implemented a cautious approach to spending, including workforce reductions to free up funds for player acquisitions. The club’s ability to make a substantial offer for Osimhen will likely depend on their financial position concerning Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR). While sending scouts suggests United are exploring the possibility of a deal with both Napoli and the player, it remains to be seen whether Ratcliffe will mandate squad trimming before any major purchases. Osimhen’s prolific 2022/23 season, where he scored 26 goals in 32 games and led Napoli to the Serie A title, earned him the African Player of the Year award for 2023. Napoli subsequently extended his contract, including a £113 million release clause, to protect their asset. Despite this, his goal-scoring form dipped slightly the following season, making European giants hesitant to trigger the release clause. The arrival of Antonio Conte at Napoli further complicated Osimhen’s situation, leading to his season-long loan to Galatasaray. There, he has rediscovered his scoring touch, leading the club to the top of the Turkish league.

Read More

Napoli, Owner dragged to Court over Osimhen deal

Italian prosecutors on Wednesday called for Napoli and the club’s owner Aurelio De Laurentiis to stand trial for false accounting related to transfers, including that of Serie A title hero Victor Osimhen. Napoli, De Laurentiis and one of his key advisors Andrea Chiavelli are suspected by prosecutors in Rome of filing falsified accounts between 2019 and 2021, with their investigation focused on the signings of Kostas Manolas from Roma and Osimhen from Lille. The 70 million-euro deal for Nigeria striker Osimhen — now on loan at Galatasaray — in 2020 raised eyebrows due to four players valued at around 20 million euros moving to Lille, three of whom never played for the French club. Napoli and De Laurentiis’ lawyers said that the decision to ask for a trial was “incomprehensible”. “In the documents there are opinions from consultants and independent bodies which demonstrate incontrovertibly that Napoli acted legitimately and in compliance with Italian accounting principles,” said Fabio Fulgeri and Lorenzo Contrada. “We are convinced that the proceedings will conclude positively (for Napoli and De Laurentiis).” A preliminary hearing judge will decide within six months whether the alleged offences are worthy of a criminal trial which would likely take years to complete. However, a source at Napoli told AFP that the documents in the prosecutors’ trial request have already been ruled as containing nothing incriminating by disciplinary authorities at Italy’s football federation (FIGC). The source said that there is “no chance” of Napoli being penalised by the FIGC even if the club were eventually found guilty in criminal courts, and added that they were confident a trial wouldn’t even take place. Osimhen was a huge star at Napoli and one of the keys to the club winning a third Serie A title — the first since the days of Diego Maradona — as they romped to the Scudetto with five matches remaining in 2023. Teaming up with breakout star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Osimhen scored 26 times in Serie A that season and confirmed his status as one of the world’s best strikers. But he soon began angling for a move away — saying publicly that he wanted to play in England’s Premier League — and after failing to agree a deal to leave last summer he was frozen out before being ignominiously loaned to Galatasaray in September. Osimhen’s move to Italy was one of a series of transfers from the same period which were investigated by the FIGC but which ended with all defendants, including Napoli and De Laurentiis, acquitted in April 2022. However the probe opened a can of worms and just over a year later Juventus were deducted 10 points after being found guilty of managing capital gains from transfers to artificially benefit their balance sheet. Juve were punished thanks to new evidence from a separate criminal investigation — named “Operation Prism” — carried out by prosecutors into the club’s accounting practices. A raft of Juve figures including ex-chairman Andrea Agnelli were handed long bans from football and also await a decision next month over whether they will face criminal trial.

Read More

Man Utd, PSG make offers for Osimhen

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain have both indicated a willingness to trigger the release clause in Victor Osimhen’s contract with Napoli and are now in talks with the Nigeria international, a report has claimed. Osimhen was heavily linked with Chelsea last summer but, after seeing talks collapse late on, ultimately joined Turkish side Galatasaray on loan for the season. There is no option for a permanent transfer in the agreement. While Galatasaray are keen to retain Osimhen, they are facing an uphill battle and Yagiz Sabuncuoglu has revealed both United and PSG have firmly ramped up their interest in the 26-year-old. “Victor Osimhen is about to sign a deal with a world-famous management company,” he told Sports Digitale. “In fact, a Real Madrid player is mediating these talks. What does this mean? The possibility of signing with Galatasaray in June has decreased a lot. “PSG and Manchester United made verbal offers to the player regarding salary and contract period. Because both clubs agreed to give Napoli the release clause. It is very difficult for Galatasaray to compete with these two clubs. He is most likely leaving at the end of the season.” The exact value of Osimhen’s release clause is not known but reports suggest it has dropped to around the £65m mark – an incredibly affordable fee for Europe’s elite sides, although United head coach Ruben Amorim has already voiced concerns about the Red Devils’ transfer budget in summer. Osimhen has retained his lethal streak in front of goal since moving to Turkey. He has racked up 17 goals and five assists in 23 appearances across all competitions, matching his goal tally from last season during his time with Napoli.

Read More

Napoli rejects €65m Galatasaray bid for Osimhen

Napoli have rejected a €65 million offer from Galatasaray for striker Victor Osimhen, according to Il Corriere dello Sport. Despite Osimhen’s current loan spell at Galatasaray, the Turkish club does not have a permanent option to buy. While Galatasaray are keen to make the transfer permanent, Napoli are holding firm on their valuation of the Nigerian striker. Osimhen’s contract with Napoli reportedly includes a €75 million release clause, which is valid from January. However, Corriere dello Sport suggested Galatasaray have a unique advantage. The clause for January is reportedly set at €81m (€75m + €6m compensation due to Galatasaray if Osimhen moves elsewhere mid-season). This means that Galatasaray are currently the only club able to acquire Osimhen for €75m this month. Any other club would have to pay that amount starting from next summer. Osimhen’s release clause was initially set at €130 million but was lowered to €75m last summer when he signed a new contract with Napoli before his loan move to Galatasaray. Despite Galatasaray’s eagerness to secure his permanent signing, Napoli’s rejection of their €65m bid indicates they are determined to receive the full amount of the release clause.

Read More

Osimhen decides future amid Chelsea, Man U links

Victor Osimhen is determined to see the season through with Galatasaray – but hopes to put himself in the shop window for Premier League clubs with his performances across the campaign. The 25-year-old Nigeria striker has hit the ground running in Turkey after completing a season-long loan move from Napoli to Galatasaray in September, scoring nine goals in his opening 11 games in all competitions. There had been intense speculation surrounding Osimhen’s future throughout much of the summer transfer window, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain all credited with an interest in the forward. Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Ahli were also heavily linked but would go on to sign Ivan Toney instead after Napoli increased their asking price to strike an agreement for Osimhen. Just a month on from Osimhen’s arrival in Istanbul, Napoli confirmed that the attacker could leave the Serie A club on a permanent basis in January due to a break clause in his Galatasaray loan deal. But transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio claimed Osimhen has no interest in departing Galatasaray midway through the season and does not even want to speak with other teams at this stage. ‘First of all, Osimhen wants to finish the season at Galatasaray. He is very happy to be there and doesn’t want to talk about other clubs,’ Di Marzio told bettingexpert.com. The Nigeria striker has scored nine goals in 11 matches for Galatasaray (Picture: Getty)‘He wants to play and win there. ‘I will leave a small percentage for Galatasaray to try to buy him and I will discuss with Napoli to find an agreement.” ‘It would probably be less than the release clause, but Galatasaray are so happy with him that they plan to find a solution with Napoli.’ But while he remains focused on Galatasaray, it appears Osimhen wants to use the coming months to attract potential interest from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United. ‘I know that a club in Saudi Arabia wants him. I don’t know the name of the club, but they are prepared to buy him for Napoli and get him back at the end of the season,’ Di Marzio added. ‘The problem is that they want to sign him now and Osimhen doesn’t want to sign now, he wants to wait. ‘He wants to use this season as an opportunity to let the Premier League clubs decide whether to make an offer to Napoli.’ According to Di Marzio, PSG are still in the running for Osimhen’s signature after failing with a bid for the Nigerian in the summer. ‘PSG are always an opportunity, and they’re the only club who have made an offer for him this summer,’ he continued. ‘They offered €220m for Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia, so maybe they’ll try to get both again. ‘But he wants to finish the season at Galatasaray, even if the Saudi Arabian club want to sign him now.’ Osimhen, who has quickly won over Galatasaray fans with his barnstorming start in Turkish football, appeared to rule out a January exit following the side’s Europa League win over Tottenham. ‘I’m here as a Galatasaray player, I’m happy here,’ Osimhen told reporters after netting twice in a 3-2 victory last month. ‘Since I came the Galatasaray fans, the club, I saw how big a family this club is. The way they have treated me and my family in a wonderful manner. It’s important to be able to give them my all on the pitch. ‘I’ve seen a lot of the speculation linking me out of the club in January, I can state through me now I’m going to be here until the end of the season. ‘And then I don’t know what Galatasaray and Napoli are negotiating but of course, if they come to me to speak about one or two things regarding this club I would consider it, of course. ‘But now I’m here, I’m focused on this team, I’m focused on the objective the club has set and I want to give my all and make sure that we win the league and if we can go further in the Europa League we can win it also because we have a good squad. ‘So far I’m enjoying my stay in Istanbul, it’s an amazing club I’m in. I’ll be there, for me it’s important I’m enjoying my football right now, I’m doing a lot for myself and my family and, of course, for this club. I’m happy to be here.’

Read More