Kebbi Special Advisers Reaffirm Support for Governor Idris

Kebbi Special Advisers Reaffirm Support for Governor Idris

The Kebbi State Special Advisers’ Forum, comprising 142 members, has expressed unwavering support for Governor Nasir Idris. During a Sallah homage at the Government House in Birnin Kebbi, Vice Chairman Dr. Aminu Haliru Bunza praised the governor’s inclusive governance, highlighting significant advancements in infrastructure and human capacity development. Dr. Bunza noted the unprecedented socioeconomic growth under Governor Idris, emphasizing the historic achievement of appointing 142 Special Advisers as a commitment to inclusive governance. He also lauded the governor’s open-door policy, which has positively impacted the community, and assured continued backing from the forum.​Trending News Additionally, Special Advisers Alhaji Lawali Na Allah and Alhaji Arzika Muhammad Dan Atto expressed gratitude for the opportunity to serve. They requested further engagement with the administration and urged the prompt payment of their approved Furniture Allowance. In response, Governor Idris approved their requests, directing the Secretary to the State Government and the state Accountant General to ensure all outstanding Furniture Allowances are settled by April 2, 2025. He also prioritized regular meetings with the Special Advisers to enhance collaboration.​ Governor Idris commended the Special Advisers for their significant contributions and reiterated his commitment to inclusive governance. He pledged to continue fulfilling campaign promises while maintaining open communication with all stakeholders. The governor also reaffirmed the administration’s dedication to citizens’ welfare, highlighting the successful implementation of the new national minimum wage and a focus on delivering democratic dividends to all residents, regardless of political or ethnic backgrounds

Read More
Customs seizes smuggled PMS worth N125m in Kebbi

Customs Seize Smuggled PMS Worth N125m in Kebbi

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has seized 125,000 litres of smuggled Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) worth ₦125 million in Kebbi.The Comptroller-General of NCS, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, announced the seizure while briefing journalists in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday. Adeniyi was represented by NCS’s National Coordinator of Operation Whirlwind Team, ACG Husseini Ejibunu.He stated that the operation was carried out based on credible intelligence provided by the Customs Intelligence Unit (CIU).He explained that the Tsamiya area of Kebbi had been under surveillance for several days before the interception. According to him, Customs operatives, in collaboration with the Kebbi Area Command and the Federal Operations Unit (FOU) ‘B’, successfully carried out the seizure. Evening Roundup: Stories making waves in The Nation – The Nation0:17 / 1:00Keep Watching“We intercepted three Scania trucks carrying smuggled PMS, all registered in the Republic of Benin. He said the first truck with registration BC-7184RB, contained 766 jerry cans of 25 litres each and 18 drums of 200 litres each of pms. The second truck with registration numbee AT-2457RB, had 1,454 jerry cans of 25 litres each and several 200-litre drums of pms. “While the third truck with registration number BV-6240RB, contained 1,350 jerry cans of 25 litres each and 18 drums of 200 litres each of pms.” Adeniyi further said tha the team seized 805 jerry cans of 25 litres each at various smuggling flashpoints, including Dolekeina, Zaria Kalakala, Tunga Waterside, and Lolo Tsamiya. He provided a breakdown of the total seizure as, 4,375 jerry cans of pms (25 litres each, 54 drums of pms (200 litres each) with grand total of 125,000 litres of pms, with duty paid value of ₦125 million. He emphasised that the operation reaffirmed the NCS’s commitment to combating smuggling and illicit trade, which pose threats to Nigeria’s social and economic well-being. “This success highlights the importance of vigilance and collaboration in addressing complex security challenges,” he said.He acknowledged the synergy between Operation Whirlwind, the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA), and the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) for the achievement. “The coordinated efforts of these institutions have enabled us to swiftly respond to intelligence reports and secure our borders with precision and professionalism.”Adeniyi also acknowledged the crucial role played by the ONSA, led by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, for providing strategic intelligence and policy support to enhance national security efforts. “Their leadership has been instrumental in fostering trust and cooperation among all stakeholders.” Earlier, the Kebbi Area Controller, Mr Chidi Nwokorie, commended the officers and men of the Kebbi Area command, Customs, Police, Operation Whirlwind, and FOU Zone ‘B’ for their dedication and success in the operation.

Read More