Juventus sacks manager Thiago Motta

Juventus have sacked head coach Thiago Motta less than a season into his tenure and moved quickly to line up his replacement. Motta, 42, was officially informed of his dismissal by the club’s hierarchy on Sunday after a nightmare run of results and has been replaced by Igor Tudor. Tudor, whose last managerial role came at Serie A rivals Lazio, will take charge for the rest of the season with Champions League qualification crucial in determining whether his deal is extended. He will oversee his first training session on Monday. Juventus crashed out of the Champions League and both the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana this season, and recently suffered a 4-0 humbling at the hands of title contenders Atalanta, their heaviest home defeat since 1967. Motta’s last match at the helm proved to be the 3-0 loss at eighth-placed Fiorentina, a result that left the Old Lady in fifth, one point adrift of fourth.

Read More

Juventus terminates Pogba’s contract

Italian club Juventus and Paul Pogba announced on Friday that they have mutually agreed to terminate the midfielder’s contract on November 30. The 31-year-old had a deal with the Serie A club until June 2026 but is banned from playing until March next year after testing positive for DHEA, which boosts testosterone levels, in September 2023. “The club wishes Paul all the best for his professional future,” Juventus said in a statement. The former France international had his ban reduced from four years to 18 months by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last month and thanked the Serie A club and the fans for their support. “My time at Juventus has come to an end. It has been a privilege to wear the Bianconeri shirt and share so many special moments together. I will cherish the memories we have made,” the striker said in a statement. “I look forward to the next chapter of my career and to getting back on the pitch with my next club.”

Read More