Fubara makes first public appearance after his suspension

Gov. Fubara Reacts to Ex-Rivers HoS Allegations

Suspended Rivers State Governor Sir Siminalayi Fubara dismissed in its entirety the claims of former Rivers State Head of Service, Dr. George Nwaeke. Dr. Nwaeke accused Fubara of ordering the bombing of the state House of Assembly complex in 2023 amongst others. Fubara has, however, denied the allegation, asking Nigerians to disregard it. Fubara in statement said; “My attention has been drawn to a press briefing by the former Head of Service, Dr. George Nwaeke aired on Channels Television on Friday the 28th of March 2025. “Ordinarily, I would not have responded to his claims, but to correct the erroneous impression such allegations may create in the minds of the people, and the disaffection it is bound to cause in the state and the country. “First, on the claim that he was aware of my discussions and plans to support Bala Mohammed’s alleged 2027 presidential bid, “It is laughable that Dr. Nwaeke would be part of any high level political meeting as Head of Service, much more sitting in my alleged night meetings with Bala Mohammed and militants like he claimed. Howbeit, none of such meetings ever held. “The truth is that the whole world knew when the Bauchi State Governor, as Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party Governors Forum visited the State, and there was nothing secret about the visits. “It is also ludicrous for Dr. Nwaeke to claim that he was aware of my meetings to encourage attacks on oil pipelines and other National assets in the State, as there was no time I held any meeting with militants or any criminal group to destabilise the State. “It is on record that I have been at the forefront preaching peace in the State even in the face of obvious provocations. “The truth is that Dr. Nwaeke has been compromised, and whatever he is saying is only aimed at fulfilling his promise to those who may have paid or coerced him to lie against me. “I call on all well meaning Nigerians and the good people of Rivers State to disregard everything said by Dr. Nwaeke as they are mere desperate attempts to discredit me and my administration, and undermine the peace process by Mr. President.”

Read More
"I Am Not Under Duress," Ex-Rivers HoS Nwaeke Responds to Wife

“I Am Not Under Duress,” Ex-Rivers HoS Nwaeke Responds to Wife

The immediate past Rivers Head of Service, George Nwaeke, has denied claims by his wife, Florence, that he was kidnapped and under duress. Nwaeke, who recently released chilling allegations against suspended Governor Siminalayi, said contrary to his wife’s emotional outbursts, he was safe in Abuja. He disclosed that he went to Abuja to voluntarily report himself to security agencies over the ongoing crisis in Rivers State. The former HoS spoke in a trending video released early hours of Saturday. He insisted thatwife’s claim was false and suggested that she had been misled and given a script to readHe said: “I am in Transcorp Abuja. I arrived this morning from Port Harcourt to meet security agencies and report myself, as well as the troubling events happening in Rivers State. I resigned as Head of Service on Monday because of these developments”. Addressing his wife, he said: “I just saw a video of my wife trending. She was told I had been kidnapped and given a script to read. I want to make it clear—I am not kidnapped. I am in Abuja, working. “When I was Head of Service, my wife was not involved in my official duties. That script she read is null and void. I am safe and sound. I will report myself to the appropriate security agencies because Abuja houses their headquarters, and I feel safer making my report here.”

Read More