Al-Hilal terminates Neymar contract

Neymar has left Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal with his contract terminated by mutual consent. The Brazil international – still the world’s most expensive footballer after his €220million move to Paris St Germain in 2017 – joined Al-Hilal in August 2023. He signed a two-year deal worth a reported €150m a year. He has suffered anterior cruciate ligament and hamstring injuries in Saudi Arabia and played only seven times for Al-Hilal. The 32-year-old has been linked with a return to his former club Santos, where he began his senior career. They said in a statement: “Al Hilal Club Company and Neymar Jr have agreed to terminate their contractual relationship by mutual consent. “The club expresses its thanks and appreciation to Neymar for what he has provided throughout his career at Al-Hilal, and wish the player success in his career.” Neymar has made only two appearances for Al-Hilal this season with the last coming as a substitute in November.

Read More

Juventus terminates Pogba’s contract

Italian club Juventus and Paul Pogba announced on Friday that they have mutually agreed to terminate the midfielder’s contract on November 30. The 31-year-old had a deal with the Serie A club until June 2026 but is banned from playing until March next year after testing positive for DHEA, which boosts testosterone levels, in September 2023. “The club wishes Paul all the best for his professional future,” Juventus said in a statement. The former France international had his ban reduced from four years to 18 months by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last month and thanked the Serie A club and the fans for their support. “My time at Juventus has come to an end. It has been a privilege to wear the Bianconeri shirt and share so many special moments together. I will cherish the memories we have made,” the striker said in a statement. “I look forward to the next chapter of my career and to getting back on the pitch with my next club.”

Read More