Mercy Johnson Says “Leave My Family Alone” As She Drops Defamation Case Against Eedie Bliss

Mercy Johnson has announced that she is dropping defamation charges against TikTok star Eedie Bliss, while also warning others to stay away from her family. In a video message, Mercy thanked those who intervened, saying their support influenced her decision. “I’m letting this go, dropping the case, out of respect for people my husband and I love and respect,” she said. She added that the ongoing legal dispute was disrupting her plans and questioned why private family matters were being targeted online. Mercy also accused some bloggers of being paid to spread false stories, saying, “You don’t know that these bloggers are paid by actors.” She concluded with a firm reminder: “False narratives and propaganda cannot define who I am.”   View this post on Instagram  

Read More

Nigerian Goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali Trolls Morocco After AFCON Final Loss

Nigerian goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali poked fun at Morocco on social media after their 1‑0 defeat to Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations final. He wrote in pidgin: “Make Una use all my towel Una carry wipe Una tears.” The comment harkens back to Nigeria’s semifinal against Morocco, where Nwabali’s towels were repeatedly taken from his side of the pitch, forcing him to replace them multiple times. Fans quickly connected the dots, seeing his message as a witty dig at Morocco’s loss. The post has gone viral, with many celebrating Nwabali’s cheeky reminder of his memorable AFCON moment.

Read More

Ned Nwoko Details Arrest of Regina Daniels’ Friend Ann, Cites Defamation and Illegal Abortion Allegations

Senator Ned Nwoko has addressed the arrest of Ms. Izuegbu Anthonet, popularly known as Ann, a close friend of Nollywood actress Regina Daniels, amid a flurry of online speculation and misinformation. In a statement from his communication team, Nwoko said that many of the narratives circulating on social media about Ann’s arrest are “false, reckless, and deliberately intended to distort the facts.” The statement explained that Ann was arrested on multiple allegations, starting with criminal defamation. She had publicly claimed that Senator Nwoko physically assaulted his wife, Mrs. Laila Nwoko, resulting in a miscarriage — claims the senator insists are completely false. “No such incident occurred, and no miscarriage resulted from any alleged violence,” the statement said, noting that the allegations appeared to be part of a coordinated attempt to reinforce unsubstantiated domestic violence claims. Ann is also accused of involvement in the procurement of an illegal abortion for Regina Daniels during her marriage to Nwoko. According to the statement, she administered controlled substances that caused Regina to bleed for weeks, with the situation described as “gruesome.” The senator’s team added that the matter is on record and has previously been referenced publicly by Regina herself. A formal witness statement, dated October 29, 2025, and submitted to the Area Commander at Maitama Police Station, reportedly details Ann’s repeated involvement in sourcing, handling, and administering illegal substances to Regina and others. It also identifies suppliers and contains corroborative evidence already shared with law enforcement. Nwoko’s team emphasized that Ann’s arrest followed a social media post in which she issued threats, repeated defamatory claims, and made derogatory remarks against the senator and his wife — conduct described as criminally defamatory and provocative. The statement stressed: “This matter is not a social media dispute but a law-enforcement issue grounded in evidence, witness testimonies, and due process. Any attempt to mischaracterise the arrest as suppression or victimisation is false and misleading.” Ann was reportedly arrested in Lagos on January 12, 2026, detained for two nights, and released on January 15, with her case adjourned until March 5, 2026. Nwoko and his family urged the public to rely on verified facts and allow the legal process to run its course. The arrest comes amid a broader ongoing feud between Nwoko and Regina Daniels, which has involved conflicting allegations of abuse, substance use, and legal disputes between the parties.

Read More

FIFA President Condemns Senegal Players’ Walkout During AFCON Final, Calls Violence Unacceptable

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has criticized the actions of some Senegal players after chaotic scenes marred Sunday’s Africa Cup of Nations final, during which the eventual champions briefly left the pitch in protest over a penalty awarded to Morocco. “We strongly condemn the behaviour of some ‘supporters’ as well as some Senegalese players and members of the technical staff,” Infantino said in a statement to AFP. The final, tied 0-0 late in normal time, was disrupted when VAR awarded Morocco a penalty for a challenge on Brahim Diaz. In protest, most Senegal players walked off the field, while clashes erupted between some Senegalese fans and Moroccan security elsewhere in the stadium. Senegal eventually returned to play, with Diaz’s weak penalty comfortably saved by goalkeeper Edouard Mendy. The West Africans later secured victory in extra time thanks to a brilliant strike from Pape Gueye, silencing the 66,526-strong home crowd at Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium in Rabat. “It is unacceptable to leave the field of play in this manner, and violence has no place in our sport,” Infantino added. Despite the incident, Infantino praised Morocco for their organisation of the tournament, describing it as a positive step ahead of the country’s co-hosting of the 2030 men’s World Cup. Morocco coach Walid Regragui, however, expressed concern over how the episode reflected on African football. “The image we showed of African football was rather shameful,” he said. “Stopping the game for more than 10 minutes with the whole world watching is not classy.”

Read More

Tiwa Savage Opens Up About Struggling To Bond With Son After Birth, Calls Him Her Best Friend Now

Tiwa Savage has shared candidly about the struggles she faced after giving birth to her son, admitting that she initially found it difficult to connect with him. The singer revealed that she had hoped for a girl, and learning she was having a boy left her in tears. Her postpartum period was also marked by physical challenges and a professional setback, including losing a campaign opportunity with Pepsi. “Honestly, I didn’t bond with my son for the first year or two. I always wanted a girl. They told me it was a boy, and I started crying. When he came, he was always crying and my body didn’t snap back. I looked horrible. I was supposed to do a campaign with Pepsi, and they turned me away. I just thought this boy has destroyed me. But now, he is my best friend,” she said. Tiwa emphasized that she is focused on raising her son to be kind and respectful, often reminding him to treat women with care. “I always tell him, you mum suffered oo, make sure you treat any girl like a queen. It’s very important for me to raise him as a good man. He’s going to make mistakes, he’s not perfect. But at his core, I want him to be kind,” she added.

Read More

VDM Insists True Ownership Of “Ratel” Comes From Authenticity, Not Trademark

VeryDarkMan (VDM) has responded to claims that Blord secured the legal trademark for “Ratel,” insisting that true ownership comes from authenticity, not legal documents. “Being the ratel goes beyond trademark, son. There can only be one ratel. Only the person with the real ratel is the ratel. There’s only one ratel,” VDM said while interacting with a live ratel, highlighting the animal’s uniqueness as a reflection of his brand. His comments come amid online debates over the commercialization and registration of personal and cultural trademarks, with VDM arguing that genuine originality matters more than formal recognition. Fans on social media reacted with mixed opinions—some applauded his emphasis on authenticity, while others questioned how his perspective aligns with intellectual property laws. “Being the ratel goes beyond trademark son, there can only be one ratel” -VeryDarkMan responds as he plays with the real ratel animal 🦔 🙆🏼‍♂️ https://t.co/sSpeqspN5D pic.twitter.com/NQYA60DJzN — Oyindamola🙄 (@dammiedammie35) January 18, 2026

Read More

DSS Rearrests Abdulaziz Malami After Father Attempts to Circumvent Bail Process

Abdulaziz, son of former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami, has been rearrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) at Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja following his father’s attempt to secure his release outside standard procedures. The incident unfolded on Friday when Federal High Court bailiffs arrived at the prison with fully processed bail documents to facilitate Abdulaziz’s release. Sources said Malami allegedly requested that his son be quietly removed from the facility, sidestepping the usual formalities. Security officials, who had already placed the prison under heightened surveillance, were reportedly monitoring all movements in and out of the centre after receiving intelligence of efforts to arrange a discreet release. DSS operatives stationed around the prison screened every vehicle leaving the premises, intercepting and rearresting Abdulaziz shortly after he was handed over to those managing his release. A source privy to the matter said, “The bailiffs brought all the necessary papers on Friday, but Malami refused to follow proper procedures and wanted his son snuck out. The DSS profiled every car leaving and rearrested him.” A security insider noted that the move highlights growing concern within the intelligence community over what they described as “irregular attempts” in the handling of Abdulaziz’s release.

Read More

Eucharia Anunobi Alleges Threats To Life And Ministry, Accuses Apostle Psalm Okpe Of Malicious Claims

Actress and evangelist Eucharia Anunobi has raised alarms over threats to her life and ministry, claiming that she is under serious danger. In an Instagram video shared on Sunday, she stated, “My life is at risk ❗ My Ministry is under attack ‼️ If anything happens to me, my possessions, or my family—either in Nigeria or abroad—including physical harm or death, Apostle Psalm Okpe, founder of Fresh Oil Ministry, Egbeda Lagos, and his entire family should be held responsible ❗‼️ I am also ready to undergo a medical examination to confirm my chastity over nearly fourteen years since my ordination ‼️‼️” Responding to reports circulating online, Anunobi said, “I want to address the various stories being spread. I remain Apostle Dr. Eucharia Anunobi, and any attempt to distract me will not succeed.” She explained that Apostle Psalm Okpe ordained her and that she once served as an associate pastor under him. “Over time, I observed evil and demonic practices, particularly his engagement in transactional ministry, which created a toxic environment,” she said. Anunobi said she requested to leave the ministry in late 2015 but alleged that Okpe continued to tell people she was still under his leadership for years afterward. She also refuted claims reportedly made by Okpe that he dated her for five years and six months, describing the allegation as “malicious and vile” and saying it caused her emotional trauma. She added that the claim highlights longstanding threats to her ministry and confirmed she has filed a defamation lawsuit against Okpe. The controversy follows the leak of an audio recording allegedly involving Okpe and another pastor, which included unverified statements. Okpe later apologised, saying his remarks were careless and based on hearsay.

Read More