Rapper Mr Real Issues Public Apology to D’banj Over CREAM Comments

Rapper Mr Real has publicly apologised to singer D’banj following controversial comments he made about the Creative, Reality, Entertainment, Arts and Music (CREAM) platform. The dispute began when Mr Real claimed the platform could not afford a N20 million ambassadorial deal, sparking criticism online. D’banj’s lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi, responded by filing a criminal defamation petition and requesting a summons against the rapper. A court subsequently ordered Mr Real to appear on January 19 and issued an injunction preventing him from making further public statements about D’banj pending the outcome of the case. In an Instagram video, Mr Real explained that his comments were based on a misunderstanding and expressed deep regret. “This video is an apology to my boss, D’banj. I misunderstood and misinterpreted some things concerning the CREAM platform, and I sincerely apologise,” he said. He added, “D’banj, you have played a huge role in my life and career. You are like a father and mentor to me. I am truly sorry and ask for your forgiveness. I will fully cooperate with the legal process and remain loyal to you.” Mr Real confirmed that he has retracted his previous statements and will refrain from making further public comments. He said he is committed to resolving the matter privately while showing respect within the music industry. “I hold D’banj in the highest regard, and I am committed to doing better moving forward,” he concluded.   View this post on Instagram  

Read More

18 Killed as Wildfires Sweep Through Southern Chile, Forcing 50,000 Evacuations

Chilean President Gabriel Boric has declared a state of catastrophe in the southern regions of Ñuble and Biobío after raging wildfires killed at least 18 people and forced more than 50,000 to flee their homes. According to Chile’s forestry agency CONAF, firefighters were tackling 24 active fires across the country as of Sunday morning, with the largest and most destructive blazes in Ñuble and Biobío, located about 500 km (310 miles) south of the capital, Santiago. “In light of the serious ongoing wildfires, I have decided to declare a state of catastrophe in the regions of Ñuble and Biobío. All resources are available,” Boric said in a post on X. The fires have destroyed nearly 8,500 hectares (21,000 acres) and threatened multiple communities, prompting authorities to order mass evacuations. Officials say high temperatures and strong winds have fueled the fires, making them difficult to control. Much of Chile remains under extreme heat alerts, with temperatures expected to reach 38°C (100°F) from Santiago to Biobío over the weekend. South-central Chile has faced increasingly severe wildfires in recent years, with climate change blamed for extreme weather, droughts, and floods. In February 2024, simultaneous fires near Viña del Mar, northwest of Santiago, claimed 138 lives, according to the public prosecutor’s office.

Read More

Mark Angel’s Ex Mandy Details Painful Experiences During Their Marriage

Mandy, the ex-partner of popular comedian Mark Angel, has shared details about the difficult experiences she says she endured while they were together. In a social media video, she recounted several troubling incidents, asking viewers to “put your finger down” if they could relate. She alleged that Mark Angel once pressured her into a threesome with a stranger on their wedding night, instructing her to tell the woman they were “just friends.” She also claimed he frequently body-shamed her, particularly after she gave birth, and even pulled away during intimate moments, implying he was no longer attracted to her. Mandy added that he criticised her cooking in front of his friends, only to change his behavior when the same friends visited. She also recounted an incident when he allegedly left around 4 a.m. to pick up his ex-girlfriend, claiming he was helping her because her partner had been violent. In another claim, Mandy said he spent time with another woman in a room opposite their bedroom while she could hear them, later insisting they had “just been talking.” She further alleged that he told her he had a serious internal disease with only a few years to live — yet he is still alive today. The video has sparked reactions online, with some expressing sympathy for Mandy while others questioned her claims. Her revelation has reignited conversations about the struggles she says she faced during her marriage to the comedian. Trending Video: Popular Comedian Mark Angel’s Ex, Mandy, Opens Up About The Pain She Went Through While They Were Together. pic.twitter.com/5v7smJOkhr — Somto Okonkwo (@General_Somto) January 20, 2026

Read More

Sarah Martins Hospitalized After Experiencing Frightening Health Scare

Actress Sarah Martins has been hospitalized following a frightening health episode. On Instagram, she revealed that she woke up unable to feel parts of her body and briefly felt “lifeless.” She shared: “Woke up today and couldn’t feel any part of my body. For a second, I felt lifeless. I still struggled and went to my stores to do inventory and a few interviews for incoming employees, and that was when I slumped. All through December, I worked every single day, and even when my staff travelled for the season celebration, I still kept working. No days off, no stretches, no nothing… just a walking corps working tirelessly to cater for others, forgetting myself. I did over 32 tests today, and all came out negative, including cancer, fibroid, liver, kidney, malaria, typhoid, etc. I guess God took proper care of my organs while I neglected my body. I am typing this from a sick bed, but I will be fine because the God that protects the vulnerable kids I struggle for will never fail me. They said I’m extremely exhausted and need proper bed rest. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for your constant protection over my life.” Sarah’s post highlighted the toll her busy schedule has taken on her health, urging the importance of rest and self-care.

Read More

Carter Efe Threatens to Slap Wizkid Following DJ Tunez Livestream Troll

Carter Efe has warned that he would slap Wizkid following a trolling jab from DJ Tunez during Shank’s recent livestream. The content creator, known for his outspoken and fiery personality, reacted to the tease in a video, making it clear he would not stay silent if provoked further. In the video, Carter Efe said: “DJ Tunez, i dey rest before o, i dey rest o. See, the day wey you go call my name, for your mouth again. The day wey you go call my name, I swear to God, I no go do you anything. Na your Oga (Wizkid) i go slap.” The clip quickly went viral, drawing reactions from fans across social media. Many believe the comment escalates Carter Efe’s ongoing feud with DJ Tunez, while also highlighting the tensions between supporters of Wizkid and those aligned with rival artist Davido, whom Carter has publicly backed. With his growing influence as a content creator and streamer, Carter Efe’s online spats with music industry figures continue to dominate discussions, keeping fans engaged and sparking heated debates online. Hope say no be Wizkid be the oga wey Carter Efe dey talk say he go slap if Dj Tunez call him name again sha? 👀😭 pic.twitter.com/ZOpKG1YIqC — TENIOLA (@Teeniiola) January 20, 2026

Read More

Ogun Court Adjourns Trial of Driver in Anthony Joshua Trainers’ Fatal Accident to February 25

The Sagamu Magistrate Court in Ogun State has adjourned the trial of Adeniyi Kayode to February 25. Kayode, a 46-year-old driver, is standing trial over a road accident that resulted in the deaths of Anthony Joshua’s personal trainer, Latif Ayodele, and his strength and conditioning coach, Sina Ghami. He was arraigned on January 2 before Magistrate Olufunilayo Somefun. Kayode faces a four-count charge, including dangerous driving causing death under Section 5(1) of the Federal Highway Act, Cap F:135, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, as applied in Ogun State. Other charges include reckless and negligent driving (Section 6(1)), driving without due care causing bodily harm and property damage (Section 7(1)), and driving without a valid national driver’s licence (Section 10(1) of the Federal Highway Act). During Tuesday’s hearing, the prosecution, represented by Nijiwe Richard, requested an adjournment to duplicate the case file for submission to the Ogun State Attorney General’s office through the Department of Public Prosecution for legal advice. The defence, led by Abiodun Olalekan, opposed the application, stating they were ready to proceed. Magistrate Somefun granted the prosecution’s request and adjourned the case to February 25. Kayode was granted bail in the sum of N5,000,000 with two sureties.

Read More

He Wasn’t Super Rich When We Met – Ayo Labinjoh Shares New Evidence Backing Davido Paternity Claim Over Daughter

Ayo Labinjoh, who claims to be the mother of Davido’s alleged daughter Anu Adeleke, has shared fresh details to support her long-standing assertions about the singer and their child. In a post on social media, Labinjoh addressed ongoing speculation and critics, writing: “Good morning from Ayo Labinjoh. So I heard that I want to make Anu Davido’s daughter by fire by force!! What if he was poor — would I not fight for my child’s identity since the September 2014 FAKE DNA TEST? Davido was not super rich when I met him. I only knew him as an upcoming, fast-rising singer at the February 2013 Dami Duro concert afterparty in Ibadan and as a son of a businessman.” Labinjoh also called out media personality Daddy Freeze, accusing him of protecting Davido’s image instead of facilitating an independent DNA test. She said Freeze saw one of the “supposed five DNA tests” she shared from #DrKemi Olunloyo’s 2018 investigation, yet publicly declared that Davido is not Anu’s father rather than verifying the results. She noted that even figures close to the Adeleke family, including Dele Momodu, who is an uncle to Davido’s other children, have chosen not to intervene. Labinjoh claimed her daughter Anu became vocal about her identity but was “cursed out, bullied and threatened,” though she was promised the release of the five DNA test results for public viewing. Labinjoh also challenged Davido directly, questioning whether he sent money on Anu’s naming ceremony in November 2013 or why a video call from his phone appeared on November 9, 2025 — the same day his #5Alive concert took place in Ibadan. She asked if his contact was about a DNA test or simply sparked by Anu’s growing social media presence. Expressing frustration, she wrote: “You are a boy, NOT a man!! You are a dad, NOT a father!!” She also listed the dates of the five DNA tests she claims were conducted: Anu Adeleke – September 2014 Imade Adeleke – June 2015 Hailey Adeleke – May 2017 Dawson Adeleke – June 2021 Ivanna Bayy – June 2023 (in‑utero, #Terminated) Labinjoh concluded by appealing for Dr. Kemi Olunloyo’s contact, noting that the journalist has been sending Anu a yearly token of 300,000 Naira. Her latest post has reignited public debate over the paternity dispute, with supporters urging clarity and others backing Davido, who maintains that previous DNA tests have already settled the matter.

Read More

Tinubu Honors Businessman Gilbert Chagoury With GCON National Award

President Bola Tinubu has bestowed the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) on Lebanese-Nigerian businessman Gilbert Chagoury in recognition of his contributions to Nigeria. The honour, which ranks as Nigeria’s second-highest national award after the Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (GCFR), was conveyed through an Instrument of Conferment dated January 8, 2026. According to Tinubu, the award was made under the powers granted to him by the National Honours Act, citing Chagoury’s “outstanding virtues” and service to the country. “In exercise of the powers vested in me under section 1(4) of the National Honours Act, I, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, in recognition of your outstanding virtues and in appreciation of your services to our country, Nigeria, hereby award to you to have, and enjoy title, dignity and all the privileges of Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON),” the president said. Chagoury, who was born in Nigeria to Lebanese immigrant parents, is a prominent industrialist and co-founder of the Chagoury Group, established in Lagos in 1971. The conglomerate operates across several sectors, including construction, real estate, hospitality, glass manufacturing and flour milling. He is a major financier of the Eko Atlantic City project through South Energyx Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of the Chagoury Group. In addition, Hitech Construction Company Ltd, which is linked to the group, is handling the ongoing Lagos–Calabar Coastal Highway project. Chagoury rose to national prominence in the 1990s and was known for his close ties to the late military ruler, Sani Abacha, a period during which his business interests reportedly expanded.

Read More