Veekee James

Veekee James Expecting First Child with Husband Femi Atere

Popular Nigerian fashion designer Veekee James has officially announced that she is expecting her first child with her husband, Femi Atere. The designer shared the joyful news on Wednesday morning via her Instagram page, posting a heartwarming video of herself and her husband as she proudly showed off her baby bump. Announcing the pregnancy, Veekee James wrote: “And two shall become three… Indeed, this is what only God can do.” The calm and intimate clip quickly went viral, drawing massive attention across social media platforms. Fans, celebrities, and colleagues flooded her comment section with congratulatory messages and prayers shortly after the post. Although she had not previously confirmed the rumours, speculation about her pregnancy had been circulating online in recent weeks, sparked by reports from a popular gossip blog and subtle hints noticed by observant fans. Her latest announcement has now put all speculation to rest. Veekee James and Femi Atere made their relationship public in October 2023. The couple went on to celebrate their traditional wedding in Akwa Ibom State in February 2024, followed by a vintage-themed white wedding ceremony in Lagos. With the pregnancy now confirmed, many admirers are excited to see Veekee James step into motherhood while continuing to excel in her thriving fashion career.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by VEEKEE JAMES ATERE (@veekee_james)

Read More
INEC Confirms David Mark as National Chairman of ADC Amid Party Restructuring

Nigerians Suffering More Under APC Government — ADC Chairman David Mark

The National Chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), David Mark, has stated that Nigerians are experiencing greater hardship under the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government than under any previous administration. Mark made the remarks on Monday in Abuja during the inauguration of the ADC’s policy and manifesto committee. He attributed the worsening poverty situation in the country to policies implemented by the APC government. According to him, the economic realities facing citizens have intensified, leaving many Nigerians in urgent need of credible alternatives that can improve their present conditions and secure a better future. “Nigerians are suffering today perhaps more than any other time in our history,” Mark said. “Poverty stares us in the face. Yes, poverty and hardship have always existed, but the hardship and poverty that Nigerians are experiencing under the APC administration has gotten worse.” He added that the current situation has heightened public demand for new ideas, decisive actions, and policies capable of addressing the nation’s economic challenges and restoring hope among the populace.

Read More

Wike Says He’s Closely Monitoring PDP Crisis in Oyo State

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has revealed that he is paying close attention to developments within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State, stressing that his interest is driven by concern for the party’s survival and future. Wike made the remarks on Monday in Abuja while addressing party leaders and members at the PDP’s 105th National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting. According to the former Rivers State governor, his focus on the situation in Oyo State reflects his commitment to ensuring the PDP remains strong, noting that the party once governed at the federal level and must not be allowed to weaken further. “Let me declare my interest clearly: I am interested in the survival and success of this party. I am also interested in all the happenings in Oyo State PDP. That is all I am interested in,” Wike said. He also dismissed claims that members of the party were being intimidated, arguing that recent court rulings had settled the matter. “Who will intimidate us to the end? Some of us, by the grace of God, do not see what anyone can threaten us with. “The legal battle has collapsed. They have no option but to recognise the Caretaker Committee,” he added. Wike’s comments come against the backdrop of a growing rift between him and Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, his former ally. Both politicians are now aligned with opposing factions within the PDP. The crisis deepened in November last year when a faction led by Makinde and Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed held a national convention, which was later nullified by the Federal High Court in Oyo State, further intensifying internal tensions within the party.

Read More
FIFA President, Infantino Defends Awarding FIFA Peace Prize to Trump, Dismisses World Cup Boycott Calls

FIFA President, Infantino Defends Awarding FIFA Peace Prize to Trump, Dismisses World Cup Boycott Calls

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has defended his decision to award United States President Donald Trump a FIFA peace prize, dismissing criticism over the move and rejecting calls for a boycott of the upcoming 2026 World Cup. Infantino came under heavy scrutiny after presenting Trump with the honour during the 2026 World Cup draw held in Washington, DC, in December. The award sparked backlash amid renewed controversy surrounding US foreign policy decisions and Trump’s comments on global security. However, speaking to Sky News on Monday, February 2, Infantino stood by the decision, insisting the US president deserved FIFA’s inaugural peace prize. “Objectively, he deserves it,” Infantino said. “Whatever we can do to help peace in the world, we should be doing it. For some time, we have been thinking about rewarding people who contribute in this direction.” The FIFA president also dismissed suggestions that the 2026 World Cup—scheduled to be hosted jointly by the United States, Canada, and Mexico from June 11 to July 19—could be boycotted over policies linked to the Trump administration. He argued that political disagreements have never led to widespread commercial boycotts of countries and questioned why football should be treated differently. “In our divided and aggressive world, we need occasions where people can come together and meet around a shared passion,” Infantino said. Responding to concerns over unrest in parts of the United States related to immigration enforcement, Infantino maintained that football should serve as a unifying force rather than a platform for political division. He also revealed that FIFA would need to hold discussions on the possible return of Russia to international football competitions. Russia has been suspended since its invasion of Ukraine in 2022, although recent guidance from the International Olympic Committee has encouraged sports federations to allow Russian teams to participate at youth level. “We have to look at readmitting Russia. Definitely,” Infantino said. “This ban has not achieved anything. It has only created more frustration and hatred. Allowing girls and boys from Russia to play football in other parts of Europe would help.” The comments add to ongoing debates over the intersection of politics and global sport ahead of the 2026 World Cup.

Read More

Ademola Lookman Joins Atletico Madrid

Nigeria international Ademola Lookman has officially joined Atletico Madrid from Atalanta.   Lookman has joined Atletico Madrid from Atalanta, as the two clubs confirmed with official statements on Monday.   Lookman had travelled to the Spanish capital to undergo medical tests on Sunday and has now completed a permanent transfer to the Wanda Metropolitano.   Atletico Madrid said Lookman had signed a contract until June 2030.   Lookman scored 55 goals in 137 games with Atalanta, including a historic hat-trick in the 2024 Europa League Final, which allowed La Dea to beat Xabi Alonso’s Bayer Leverkusen 3-0 and claim their first UEFA trophy.   Lookman spent the last three and a half years at Atalanta.   “The Percassi family, the Pagliuca family, and the entire Club bid farewell to Ademola, thanking him and wishing him every success in the future,” said the Serie A side.   Lookman had recently returned to Atalanta from Nigeria international duty for AFCON.   He scored three goals and provided two assists in 19 appearances with La Dea this season.   According to several sources, Atalanta have earned €35m plus potential €5m add-ons from Lookman’s transfer, while the striker will earn €7m per season at his new club.   Atalanta and Atletico Madrid practically swapped strikers in the January window as La Dea had previously signed Giacomo Raspadori from the Colchoneros.  

Read More

Tochukwu Nnadi Joins Olympique Marseille

Olympique de Marseille has announced the arrival of Nigerian international Tochukwu Nnadi from SV Zulte Waregem.   At 22, Tochukwu Nnadi is establishing himself as one of Africa’s rising stars in midfield. Born on 30 June 2003 in Ihiagwa, Imo State, Nigeria, he began his local training at Campos FC before honing his skills at the Madenat Alamal Football Academy in Dubai, a move that opened the doors to European football.   In August 2021, after a successful trial, Tochukwu Nnadi signed his first professional contract with Botev Plovdiv in Bulgaria. He made his league debut on 3 April 2022 against champions Ludogorets and is gradually establishing himself as a reliable midfielder, combining creativity with defensive rigour.   His rise continued at the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup. A starter in every game, he played a key role for Nigeria in notable victories against Italy and Argentina, revealing his maturity at the highest level of junior football.   In January 2024, Tochukwu Nnadi took another step forward by joining SV Zulte Waregem in Belgium. His consistent performances in the more demanding Pro League attracted attention, making him one of his team’s most prominent midfielders.   On the international stage, his progress was rapid. After his performances for the U20s, he was selected for Nigeria’s senior team for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco, where he celebrated his first cap with the Super Eagles, symbolising his transition to the highest level in Africa.   Tochukwu Nnadi thus embodies a new face of Nigerian football: versatile, technically skilled and already capable of making an impact in competitive environments. His career is still in its early stages, but he is already showing signs of a promising future, both at club level and with the Super Eagles.

Read More

UK MP Dan Norris Arrested Over Alleged Rape and Sexual Offences

British politician Dan Norris has been arrested on suspicion of rape, sexual assault, voyeurism, and upskirting, according to Avon and Somerset Police. Norris, who currently serves as the independent Member of Parliament for North East Somerset and Hanham, was previously a Labour Party MP before being suspended in April 2025 following his initial arrest. Police earlier confirmed that a man in his 60s had been arrested over allegations including sexual offences, rape, child abduction, and misconduct in public office. However, officers have since clarified that they are “no longer actively investigating any sexual offences against children” in connection with the case. In an update released on Sunday, the police said the suspect had been further arrested on suspicion of rape involving a second woman, sexual assault against a third woman, as well as voyeurism and upskirting involving multiple women. “All offences are alleged to have occurred between the 2000s and 2020s,” the statement said. Officers noted that investigations into sexual offences are often complex and time-consuming, adding that Dan Norris remains on conditional bail. Police also confirmed that alleged victims are being kept informed of developments and offered ongoing support. Reacting to the development, a Labour Party spokesperson said Norris was immediately suspended upon notification of his initial arrest. “These new allegations are deeply concerning, and any person found guilty of such abhorrent crimes must face the full force of the law. We cannot comment further while the police investigation is ongoing,” the spokesperson said. In a statement issued later on Sunday, Dan Norris denied all allegations. “I vigorously and entirely deny the serious allegations made against me. They are untrue. I am challenging them through my legal representatives,” he said. Norris, 65, won the North East Somerset and Hanham seat in the last general election, defeating former Conservative cabinet minister Jacob Rees-Mogg. He first entered Parliament in 1997 during Tony Blair’s landslide victory and represented Wansdyke until 2010. During that period, he served as an assistant whip under Blair and later as a junior minister under former Prime Minister Gordon Brown. He was also elected Mayor of the West of England in 2021 but stepped down from the role following the May local elections last year.

Read More
Lai Mohammed

Peter Obi Couldn’t Have Won 2023 Election Even With 10 Million Votes – Lai Mohammed

Former Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has said that the Labour Party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 general election, Peter Obi, would not have emerged winner even if he had secured 10 million votes. Speaking during a recent podcast appearance, Lai Mohammed, who served under the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari, said Obi failed to meet the constitutional requirement of securing at least one-quarter of votes cast in 25 states of the federation. “Even if Obi had got 10 million votes, he wouldn’t have won. This is because he still could not get one-quarter of the votes cast in 25 states. It is even on record that he could not provide agents at about 40,000 polling units,” the former minister stated. Commenting on the dynamics that shaped the 2023 presidential election, particularly in Lagos State, Mohammed noted that ethnicity and religion played a prominent role in the electoral process. “For the first time in the history of politics in Nigeria, ethnicity and religion played a very frontal role,” he said. He also pointed to the influence of the #EndSARS protests, especially in Lagos, suggesting that lingering anger among youths negatively affected the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. According to Lai Mohammed, many young voters “wanted a pound of flesh,” a sentiment he said shaped voting patterns during the election.

Read More