I Never Slept With Anyone For Roles, Kemity Says, Urges Actresses To Rely On Talent And Hard Work

Actress Kemity has come forward to debunk recent rumors suggesting she used her body to advance her career in the film industry. She clarified, “I need to clear this. Don’t be deceived by the social media noise. I have never slept with anyone to get a movie role. I have never exchanged s*x for opportunity.” Kemity recounted her journey before entering the industry: “Before I even met my boss, I already had two wine shops where I was selling wine. I once worked as a receptionist. From the beginning, I have always been an actress.” Explaining her transition to behind-the-scenes work, she said, “When I noticed that actors had to feed themselves and even pay for hotels during production, and I kept spending money from my shop, I decided to join the crew. That’s when I took up makeup artistry.” She added, “From acting, to makeup, and back to acting, my growth has always been step by step. I have always earned my money honestly.” On raising her children, Kemity shared, “I have two daughters I am raising with dignity and strong values. I cannot build their future on something dirty.” She concluded with advice for aspiring actresses: “Everything I am today is my sweat. No one can ever say I used my body to get anything. Upcoming actresses, don’t let anyone mislead you. You can succeed through talent, discipline, consistency, and hard work.” Kemity’s statement underscores her commitment to integrity and hard work while encouraging young actresses to pursue success on their own terms.

Read More

EFCC Arrests Three For Using ₦500 Note As Tissue Paper

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested three men in Maiduguri, Borno State, over the alleged abuse and mutilation of the Naira. The suspects, identified as Adam Muhammad, Muhammad Muhammad and Bashir Musa, were taken into custody after a video surfaced online showing them using a ₦500 note to clean mucus from their noses. In a statement issued on Thursday, EFCC spokesperson Dele Oyewale said the viral clip prompted an investigation, which led operatives to trace and arrest the individuals within the Maiduguri metropolis. Oyewale disclosed that the trio is currently being held at the commission’s Maiduguri detention facility, where investigations are ongoing. He added that the suspects would be arraigned in court once investigations are concluded.

Read More

Violation Of Human Rights – El-Rufai Speaks After Alleged Arrest Attempt At Abuja Airport

Former Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, has addressed an alleged attempt by security operatives to detain him on Thursday at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, shortly after his return from Cairo, Egypt. The incident drew national attention after a video showing El-Rufai engaging security personnel at the airport circulated widely on social media, prompting intense public reactions. Reacting via X, the former governor said the matter was already being handled by his lawyers. “My lawyers have issued a statement that condemns the illegal attempt to arrest me today at the Abuja airport upon my arrival from Cairo.” “Our country must outgrow executive overreach and deliberate disregard for the rule of law.” A more detailed position was later released by his legal team on Facebook, where they described the incident as “a flagrant violation of constitutional rights, executive overreach, and a deliberate disregard for the rule of law.” According to the lawyers, El-Rufai had earlier been invited by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission while he was outside Nigeria, making immediate compliance impossible. “The invitation from the EFCC was delivered to Malam El-Rufai’s residence while he was already abroad, rendering it inherently illogical and impractical to demand immediate attendance.” They disclosed that since December 2025, they had been in formal communication with the EFCC, assuring the commission that El-Rufai would honour the invitation upon his return. The commission was also informed that he would voluntarily report to the EFCC office by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, February 16, 2026. Despite this, the lawyers alleged that operatives of the Department of State Services attempted to arrest El-Rufai immediately after he arrived in Abuja aboard Egypt Air flight MS 877, without presenting any warrant or written invitation. “When he calmly demanded to see the letter of invitation, a basic entitlement of any citizen facing state action, none could be produced. No document, no signed directive, no lawful process.” The legal team further alleged that El-Rufai’s international passport was seized without lawful authority, describing the action as an unlawful confiscation of private property. They also claimed that some members of the public at the airport protested the move, insisting that any arrest must follow due legal process. The statement said the incident violated multiple provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), including the rights to personal liberty, fair hearing, dignity of the human person, freedom of movement, and property. “There exists no justifiable basis for this attempted arrest or the accompanying mistreatment.” The lawyers added that El-Rufai returned to Nigeria despite prior intelligence suggesting plans to arrest him, stressing that he was willing to submit himself to any lawful investigation. They demanded the immediate return of his passport, a halt to all alleged unlawful attempts to detain him, and a formal apology from the agencies involved. They also warned that legal action would be taken against those responsible, while maintaining that El-Rufai would comply with all legitimate summons and had no intention of evading law enforcement. The statement was signed by Mr. Ubong Esop Akpan of the Chambers of Ubong Akpan, counsel to Malam Nasir El-Rufai, and dated February 12, 2026. The development follows recent remarks by El-Rufai suggesting he could be targeted for arrest by the Federal Government. Speaking during an interview with BBC Hausa, the former governor expressed concerns over what he described as growing political intimidation of opposition figures, particularly after his defection from the All Progressives Congress to the African Democratic Congress. “Four people we worked together in Kaduna have been arrested; so it’s only a matter of time before they come for me too.”

Read More

Security Agents Attempt To Arrest Former Kaduna Governor Nasir El-Rufai On Return From Cairo

Security agents reportedly tried to arrest former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai when he landed in Nigeria from Cairo, Egypt. The development was revealed on Thursday by El-Rufai’s Media Adviser, Muyiwa Adekeye, via social media. “Security agents today attempted to arrest Malam Nasir @elrufai as he arrived on a flight from Cairo. Malam El-Rufai declined to follow them without a formal invitation. They, however, snatched his international passport from an aide,” Adekeye stated, without specifying which agency was involved. A short video from the scene shows El-Rufai confronting the officers, saying, “Listen, nobody, not even the President, can tell me I have to do anything,” and asking them to present a written invitation if they required his presence. El-Rufai, a prominent member of the opposition African Democratic Congress (ADC), had previously warned that his arrest was likely upon returning to Nigeria. “Four people we worked with in Kaduna have been arrested; so it’s only a matter of time before they come for me too,” he told BBC Hausa on Wednesday.

Read More

2Baba, Natasha Osawaru Dedicate First Child In Private Ceremony

2Baba and his wife Natasha Osawaru have dedicated their first child in a private church ceremony. The couple shared moments from the intimate event on social media, which was attended by close family, including 2Baba’s mother, Rose Idibia. The baby, whose gender has been kept private, was welcomed earlier this year. 2Baba and Natasha married in July 2025, and the singer recently issued a public apology for past controversies, asking fans for forgiveness.

Read More

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un Reportedly Names 13-Year-Old Daughter Kim Ju Ae As Heir

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has reportedly chosen his daughter, Kim Ju Ae, as his heir, South Korea’s spy agency told lawmakers on Thursday. The 13-year-old, who has recently appeared alongside her father at high-profile events—including a visit to Beijing in September, her first known trip abroad—has increasingly taken on a prominent public role. The National Intelligence Service (NIS) said it based its assessment on “a range of circumstances,” including Ju Ae’s growing visibility at official events. The agency will closely monitor whether she attends North Korea’s upcoming party congress later this month, the country’s largest political gathering held every five years. The party congress is expected to outline Pyongyang’s priorities for the next five years, covering foreign policy, military strategy, and nuclear ambitions. Lawmakers were told that Ju Ae, previously described by the NIS as being “trained” for succession, has now entered the stage of “successor designation.” “As Kim Ju Ae has shown her presence at various events, including the founding anniversary of the Korean People’s Army and her visit to the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, and signs have been detected of her voicing her opinion on certain state policies, the NIS believes she has now entered the stage of being designated as successor,” lawmaker Lee Seong-kwen said. Ju Ae is the only publicly known child of Kim Jong Un and his wife, Ri Sol Ju. The NIS also believes Kim has an older son, though he has never been publicly acknowledged or shown in North Korean media.

Read More

CAF Sends Technical Team To Inspect Stadiums In Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya Ahead Of 2027 AFCON

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has deployed a team of technical experts to Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya to inspect facilities ahead of the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations, PAMOJA 2027. The three East African nations secured the hosting rights over a joint Nigeria-Benin bid, making the 2027 edition the first to end CAF’s traditional biennial format. CAF President Patrice Motsepe had previously announced that the tournament following 2027 will take place in 2028, with subsequent editions held every four years. The inspection visits, which began this week and will continue until Tuesday, February 17, coincide with Motsepe’s scheduled visit to Tanzania on Friday. The technical team will assess pitches, infrastructure, safety, and security at key match and training venues across the three host countries, in line with CAF’s standards for world-class tournament delivery. “CAF’s inspections form part of a broader strategy to raise standards on and off the pitch across African football. By driving consistent, world-class benchmarks in infrastructure, operations and venue management, CAF aims to enhance the TotalEnergies CAF AFCON’s reputation as among the leading football tournaments in the world,” the governing body said in a statement on Wednesday. The initiative also supports CAF’s wider goal of strengthening a self-sustaining football ecosystem in Africa, partnering with governments to improve facilities, operational capacity, and long-term development. In Tanzania, inspections have started in Dar es Salaam, covering Benjamin Mkapa Stadium and training sites, before moving to Arusha for Samia Suluhu Stadium, and then Zanzibar for Amaan and Fumba Stadiums. Kenya’s programme includes three Nairobi stadiums—Kasarani, Nyayo, and Talanta—alongside training grounds such as the Ulinzi Sports Complex and Kenya Academy of Sports. Uganda’s inspection will cover Entebbe and Kampala, with Mandela National Stadium and other training venues, as well as Hoima City Stadium in Hoima. “CAF will continue to work closely with the three host nations, their governments, and Local Organising Committees to support delivery planning and ensure that preparations intensify for the TotalEnergies CAF AFCON Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania 2027,” the statement added.

Read More

Manchester United Co-Owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe Apologises Over “Colonised By Migrants” Remarks

Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has apologised after claiming that Britain has been “colonised” by migrants, acknowledging that his comments offended people in the UK and Europe. The billionaire, who is one of Britain’s wealthiest individuals, faced pressure from senior political figures, including Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer, to retract the statement. While expressing regret for the offence caused, Sir Jim said he intended to highlight the importance of controlled immigration in supporting economic growth. “I am sorry that my choice of language has offended some people in the UK and Europe and caused concern, but it is important to raise the issue of controlled and well-managed immigration that supports economic growth,” he said in a statement on Thursday. He added that his remarks were made while answering questions about UK policy at the European Industry Summit in Antwerp, where discussions focused on jobs, skills, manufacturing, and economic growth. “My intention was to stress that governments must manage migration alongside investment in skills, industry, and jobs so that long-term prosperity is shared by everyone. It is critical that we maintain an open debate on the challenges facing the UK,” he said. Downing Street welcomed the apology, with the Prime Minister’s spokesman describing the original comments as “offensive and wrong” and calling it “right” that Sir Jim had apologised. Sir Keir Starmer was among the first high-profile figures to demand a retraction. Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham also criticised the remarks, saying they “go against everything for which Manchester has traditionally stood.” He highlighted the positive impact of migrants, including footballers, in enhancing the city region. “If any criticism is needed, it should be directed towards those who have offered little contribution to our life here and have instead spent years siphoning wealth out of one of our proudest institutions,” Burnham added. The anti-discrimination group Kick It Out condemned Sir Jim’s remarks as “disgraceful and deeply divisive,” also challenging his claim that the UK population had grown by 12 million since 2020, which has been proven inaccurate. The controversy traces back to a Sky News interview where Sir Jim said, “You can’t have an economy with nine million people on benefits and huge levels of immigrants coming in. I mean, the UK is being colonised. It’s costing too much money. The UK has been colonised by immigrants.” Sir Jim, founder of chemical giant Ineos in 1998, acquired a minority stake in Manchester United in late 2023, with his group now controlling football operations. His tenure has seen contentious decisions, particularly regarding ticket pricing and availability, sparking protests from fans ahead of the club’s recent home game against Fulham.

Read More