Late Musician Ifunanya Nwangene Buried In Enugu After Tragic Snake Bite Death

The late singer Ifunanya Nwangene has been buried in her hometown in Nkanu East Local Government Area of Enugu State, following her untimely death. Nwangene reportedly died after being bitten by a snake at her residence in Abuja on January 31, 2026. Her passing, confirmed at the Federal Medical Centre, Abuja, sent shockwaves through the music community and drew an outpouring of condolences across social media. Fans and colleagues remembered her as a supremely talented musician with a powerful voice and deep passion for her craft. Her sudden death has left many in mourning, particularly those who had followed her rising career in the entertainment industry. Her burial in Enugu marked a solemn farewell to a young artist whose life and promising career were tragically cut short.

Read More

Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists Parade Over 100 Abducted Kwara Residents In Disturbing Video

A chilling video allegedly released by suspected Boko Haram insurgents has surfaced online, showing a large number of abducted residents, including women and children, said to have been taken from Woro community in Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State. The incident comes after a deadly attack in the area earlier this month in which over 200 people were reportedly killed. In the widely circulated footage, an armed man is seen questioning the captives about their origin, with the victims stating they were kidnapped from Kaiama LGA. The individual speaking in the video also accused the administration of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of misrepresenting the scale of the abduction. According to him, the state government had publicly claimed that between 20 and 30 persons were kidnapped, a figure he described as false, alleging that the number of captives in their custody was far higher. “The Kwara State government lied to Nigeria and to the whole world,” the terrorist claimed. “The infidel government lied about your number to be around 20 to 30 people.” Efforts to obtain official reactions were unsuccessful, as the spokesperson for the Kwara State Police Command, SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, and the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, had not responded to inquiries regarding the video or ongoing rescue efforts.

Read More

We’ll Flush Out Bandits If FG Gives Approval — Sunday Igboho

Yoruba nation campaigner Sunday Adeyemo, widely known as Sunday Igboho, has signalled his readiness to work alongside the Federal Government to combat insecurity in the South-West. Speaking in Ibadan, he said he and his supporters are willing to enter forests across Yorubaland to dislodge bandits and other criminal elements, but stressed that such action would require formal approval and backing from Abuja. “I need the support of the Federal Government to strengthen security in the South-West. I’m ready to enter the forests in Yorubaland with my boys to flush out terrorists who have been attacking our people in rural communities. “We can’t do anything if the Federal Government does not give us approval or support. With my freedom and pardon, I am ready to collaborate with the Federal Government to rid our forests of criminal elements and rogue herders who have become threats to the peace and tranquility of some of our communities.” Igboho, who has previously led community-driven efforts against suspected criminals in parts of Oyo State, described his offer as a contribution toward restoring safety in rural areas. His latest position marks a notable shift from his earlier standoff with federal authorities. In July 2021, security operatives raided his residence in Ibadan over allegations of stockpiling arms. The operation resulted in the death of three of his aides and the arrest of 13 others. He later fled the country and was arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic, before regaining freedom in March 2022 after over a year in detention. Since returning to Nigeria on January 26, 2026, Igboho has reconnected with traditional rulers, including the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Rashidi Ladoja. He also acknowledged the roles played by the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, and the Olugbon of Orile Igbon, Francis Alao, in facilitating his return. Reaffirming his stance, he said the administration of President Bola Tinubu must formally endorse any collaboration. “If the Federal Government under the leadership of President Tinubu gives us the go-ahead and support, I am absolutely ready to work in ensuring the effective security of our rural communities in the South-West. We have the capacity and manpower to carry out the task if we get approval and support from the government.” Beyond security in the South-West, Igboho also weighed in on developments in the South-East. He commended the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, for cancelling the long-running Monday sit-at-home directive. “Igboho believes that the move by Mazi Kanu to end the five-year Monday economic siege on the South-East zone is thoughtful.” He further advised Kanu to pursue dialogue with the Federal Government as a pathway to resolving his legal challenges. “Chief Igboho urges the IPOB leader to vigorously explore dialogue and mediation with the Federal Government to break the deadlock in his ordeal.” According to Igboho, meaningful engagement and negotiation remain key to restoring peace, stability, and economic growth in the region.

Read More

FIFA to Rule Monday on NFF Petition That Could Restore Super Eagles’ World Cup Hopes

Nigerian football fans are eagerly awaiting Monday, 16th February, when FIFA is set to rule on a petition filed by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) challenging the eligibility of six players fielded by the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) during the 2026 World Cup African play-off final. The Super Eagles were eliminated after a tense 4–3 penalty shootout defeat to DR Congo in November 2025, ending Nigeria’s hopes of direct qualification for the FIFA World Cup co-hosted by the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Following the loss, the NFF lodged its formal protest on 15th December 2025, claiming that the DR Congo players were ineligible due to recent nationality changes. Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, NFF General Secretary, expressed confidence ahead of FIFA’s decision: “We have a good case… we do not venture into what would be an exercise in futility.” Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi also shared his cautious optimism, saying, “We are still waiting; hopefully we can go to the World Cup.” If FIFA rules in Nigeria’s favour, the Super Eagles could be reinstated in the qualification process and compete in the intercontinental play-offs in Mexico next month for a chance at one of the final two World Cup berths. Officials from DR Congo have rejected the allegations, citing FIFA’s eligibility rules that allow the players to represent their country. Critics argue that such disputes should be settled on the pitch rather than in legal petitions. With the ruling scheduled for Monday, millions of Nigerian football supporters are closely following developments that could dramatically alter the Super Eagles’ 2026 World Cup journey.

Read More

Kwara Communities on High Alert as Bandits Circulate Threatening Letters

Communities in Kwara State are on high alert after suspected bandits began circulating threatening letters in several towns, raising fears of imminent attacks. In the past six days, letters were reportedly delivered to four different communities. On Thursday, a letter was left in Ira, a town linking Inaja and Aho in Oyun Local Government Area. Earlier, similar threats were sent to Dunshigogo in Kaiama LGA following the February 3 attack on Woro town, which left over 176 people dead and 38 abducted. The letters, reportedly signed by “The Writer (SANUFH)” on behalf of the Nigeria Terrorist Association (NTA), warned residents of Ira, Inaja, and Aho to “be ready for us at any time any date,” while claiming the group had already moved from Kaiama. The original text, including grammatical errors, was preserved by authorities. Ira, near Ilemona—the administrative headquarters of Oyun LGA—is considered vulnerable due to its proximity to forested areas that provide cover for criminals. A traditional chief in Ira, speaking anonymously, said the letter was left at a motorcycle park near the central mosque around mid-afternoon. “Initially, the riders thought it was a mistake, but after reading it, they took it to the king’s palace. Security agencies, including DSS and police, arrived by 5pm, and soldiers, police, and NSCDC personnel began patrolling the area,” he said. Despite the security presence, fear has led some residents to temporarily relocate. “People are afraid and have left for nearby towns. Our local vigilantes are currently in Ilorin for forest guard training; we hope the government will allow them to return,” the chief added. Oba Wahab Oyetoro, Oninaja of Inaja, said the threats prompted an emergency security meeting with all local traditional rulers and officials. “Some residents have fled to Offa and neighboring communities. Security agents and vigilantes have started patrolling to ensure safety,” he said. Yekini Olarewaju, National Secretary of the Ira Descendants Union, said daily life has been disrupted. “Farms remain unattended, schools are closed, and businesses are shut. Security agencies, supported by local vigilantes, are actively patrolling and monitoring the surroundings,” he said. An Ira resident living in Offa said the letter went viral on Thursday night, causing alarm among relatives nationwide and abroad. Families have resorted to prayers and cautioning children to stay indoors after dark. Ejire Adetoun-Adeyemi, spokesperson for the Kwara State Police Command, confirmed receipt of the letter and said investigations are ongoing to verify its authenticity. Additional patrols have been deployed with the support of vigilantes, while the military has intensified operations from its Forward Operating Base in Ilemona. Oyun LGA Chairman, Akanbi Olarewaju, convened an emergency security meeting with traditional rulers, security personnel, and other stakeholders. His Chief Press Secretary, Owodunni Adekunle, said: “Even as security agencies verify the credibility of the letters, proactive steps are being taken to protect the public. Residents are urged to stay vigilant and report suspicious activities.” Communities in Ira, Inaja, and Aho remain on edge as authorities continue patrols and implement measures to prevent any potential attacks.

Read More

El-Rufa’i Says Kaduna Govt Had No Knowledge of Dadiyata, Blames Ganduje for Abduction

Former Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufa’i, has denied any involvement of his administration in the 2019 abduction of lecturer and social media commentator Abubakar Idris. Dadiyata, who lectured in the Department of English and Linguistics at the Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State, was kidnapped from his Kaduna residence on August 2, 2019, by masked men who took him away in his car shortly after he returned from work. Since then, his whereabouts remain unknown, and investigations have produced no conclusive results. Human rights groups, including Amnesty International, have criticised the federal government for its perceived inaction on the case. Isa Sanusi, Country Director of Amnesty International Nigeria, described the abduction as characteristic of a targeted operation by state-backed actors meant to instil fear. Speaking on ARISE NEWS on Friday, El-Rufa’i said Dadiyata was not a critic of the Kaduna State Government but of the Kano State Government. “Dadiyata’s timeline is still around, go and study it. He was not a fierce critic of the Kaduna State Government; he was a fierce critic of the Kano State Government. He’s from Kano, he’s a Kwankwasiyya supporter, he lived in Kaduna and lectured at a university in Katsina State. Go and review his timeline. It was Ganduje that was his problem,” El-Rufa’i explained. The former governor added that he only became aware of Dadiyata’s existence after the family reported the abduction to the police. “I didn’t even know him. We only got the report that he lived in Kaduna after his family reported to the police that he was abducted returning home in the evening,” he said. El-Rufa’i claimed that information gathered after the incident suggested the abductors came from Kano. “When we investigated, all that we could gather from his family was that the abductors came from Kano. So if anybody should answer questions about Dadiyata’s disappearance, it’s the Kano State Government. It has nothing to do with the Kaduna State Government. We didn’t even know he existed,” he stated. He further alleged that years later, a police officer confessed to being part of the abduction. “Three years after Dadiyata was abducted, a policeman posted from Kano to Ekiti State admitted to someone that they were sent from Kano and took him. That’s the only information I know,” El-Rufa’i said. The former governor insisted that his administration could not have protected Dadiyata while he lived in Kaduna because they were unaware of his presence. “It was not a Kaduna State problem. He lived in Kaduna State, and it was our duty to protect him. But how could we protect him when we didn’t even know he existed?” he concluded.

Read More

Davido Drops Child Custody Case, Accuses Lawyer of Taking Battle Too Far

Nigerian superstar Davido has opened up about his ongoing custody battle with ex-partner Sophia Momodu, clarifying that he never sought full custody of their daughter, Imade Adeleke, but only joint custody. Addressing reports of his courtroom outburst, the singer explained why he is withdrawing the case, calling out Sophia’s lawyer for taking the dispute too far. He shared on social media: “I never asked for full custody. I asked for joint custody.” “Nobody won, nobody lost, but Imade… so I don’t know why some people are celebrating. There’s nothing to celebrate.” “I’ve decided to drop the case because when I was spanking that lawyer in the courtroom… until she brought out her last card! MY DECEASED SON! THAT’S A NO-NO! Lowest blow!” “My daughter will grow up knowing I fought for her. Let’s move on. One love!” Davido also took to Instagram to directly call out the lawyer, saying: “I disgraced you in the courtroom. I was teaching you your work; you couldn’t even take it, and then you went on to mention My Son. Like I said in the courtroom, I pray you never go through what me and my wife have gone through ever. And you were still smiling, smirking. You are a wicked human being. You’re the worst lawyer ever. I beat you in court!” The singer’s posts highlight the emotional intensity of the high-profile custody case and his decision to step back while emphasising his commitment to his daughter.

Read More

Davido Mistakes Gospel Singer Tosin Bee for Lawyer’s Son in Custody Case Mix-Up

Afrobeats star Davido has sparked controversy online after mistakenly identifying gospel artiste Tosin Bee as the son of a lawyer involved in his ongoing custody case. The incident followed court hearings at the Lagos State High Court, where Davido and his estranged partner Sophia Momodu appeared over the custody of their daughter, Imade Adeleke. During Thursday’s proceedings, Davido reportedly grew frustrated with Sophia’s lawyer, later taking to Instagram on Friday to criticise the lawyer for remarks he considered insensitive. “@Belachukwu, I disgraced you in the courtroom. I was teaching you your work, you couldn’t even take it and then went on to mention my son. Like I said in the courtroom, I pray you never go through what me and my wife have gone through ever, and you were still smiling, smirking. You are a wicked human being. You are the worst lawyer ever. I beat you in court. You are not learned,” he wrote. In the confusion, Davido shared a post from Tosin Bee on his Instagram story, wrongly assuming the gospel singer was connected to the lawyer. In the now-deleted post, he wrote: “And she has a son. Tosin you will live long amen with the rubbish you dey sing. So your son nah musician Bella Chukwu. You no even get sense. Make we help am. Useless people.” The repost drew criticism towards Tosin Bee, who promptly clarified the misunderstanding. “Hello Mr David, I don’t know anything about the post you made. As a matter of fact, my mum went to be with the Lord eight years ago. I guess this is a case of mistaken identity. So sorry you had to deal with this, but my prayers are with you. I love you brother,” he wrote. Late Friday, Davido took to X to confirm that he would withdraw the custody case, emphasising that he had never sought full custody but only joint custody of his daughter. “I never asked for full custody. I asked for joint custody. Nobody won, nobody lost but Imade. There is nothing to celebrate,” he said. He added, “I’ve decided to drop the case because … until she brought out her last card! MY DECEASED SON! THAT’S A NO NO! Lowest blow!” The incident has reignited conversations about social media misunderstandings and the challenges of high-profile family disputes.

Read More