Egungun of Lagos Celebrates New Mansion With Wife, Shares Inspirational Message

Nigerian influencer Egungun of Lagos has marked a major personal milestone with the acquisition of a new mansion, sharing the exciting news with fans on Instagram. In a video post, he offered an inside look at the property, highlighting its exterior, interior, and celebrating the moment alongside his wife, Pashotah. Captioning the video, Egungun reflected on the journey to this achievement and offered words of inspiration: “Congratulations to me and my FAMILY @pashotah _princenala congratulations. It’s not the people who sit down and criticize that matter. It’s not those who point fingers and say, ‘You could have done it better.’ The real respect goes to the person who tries. The one who shows up, works hard, gets tired, makes mistakes, and sometimes fails. Because nobody can try without messing up sometimes. That person still keeps going. They believe in something. They give their energy to a good cause. If they succeed, great – they’ve achieved something big. If they fail, at least they failed while trying. They will never be like those people who do nothing, say nothing, and stand aside – people who never win and never lose because they never even tried.” The post celebrates not only Egungun’s new home but also his philosophy of persistence, hard work, and resilience in the face of challenges. This milestone comes in the wake of a viral interview with US streamer IShowSpeed in Lagos, which drew significant attention online. Fans have since flooded the post with messages of congratulations, celebrating both his achievement and his determination.   View this post on Instagram  

Read More

JUST IN: Nigerian Military Confirms Officers Planned Coup Against President Tinubu

The Nigerian military has confirmed that certain officers were involved in a plot to overthrow President Bola Tinubu. In October last year, reports surfaced that officers ranging from Captain to Brigadier-General had been arrested and detained by the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) over an alleged attempt to topple the government. At the time, both the Defence Headquarters and the Presidency denied any coup attempt, despite speculation linked to President Tinubu’s cancellation of the October 1 Independence Day Parade. On Monday, Daily Trust reported that a panel tasked with investigating the arrested officers had submitted its findings to the president. Major-General Samaila Uba, Director of Defence Information, confirmed that the report had been forwarded to the “appropriate superior authority” and stated that officers with cases to answer would face trial before a military judicial panel in line with the Armed Forces Act and other relevant regulations. Uba said: “The Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to inform the general public that investigations into the matter have been concluded and the report forwarded to appropriate superior authority in line with extant regulations. The comprehensive investigation process, conducted in accordance with established military procedures, has carefully examined all circumstances surrounding the conduct of the affected personnel. “The findings have identified a number of officers with allegations of plotting to overthrow the government, which is inconsistent with the ethics, values, and professional standards required of members of the AFN. Accordingly, those with cases to answer will be formally arraigned before appropriate military judicial panel to face trial in accordance with the Armed Forces Act and other applicable service regulations.” The military said the disclosure was intended to promote accountability while maintaining fairness and due process. Uba reaffirmed that the Armed Forces are committed to upholding professionalism, loyalty, and respect for constitutional authority. He added, “The AFN reiterates that measures being taken are purely disciplinary and part of ongoing institutional mechanisms to preserve order, discipline, and operational effectiveness within the ranks.”

Read More

Bimbo Ademoye Celebrates As Copyright Issue Over Her Movie Gets Resolved

Nollywood actress Bimbo Ademoye has shared a heartfelt update with fans after confirming that the copyright dispute involving her movie has been successfully settled. The actress had raised alarm over the weekend about an alleged fraudulent claim linked to her work, a situation that left her emotional and seeking support. Following swift intervention and massive online backing, Ademoye returned to social media on Sunday to celebrate the positive outcome. She wrote: “God don’t play about me, that’s how I know he’s real. I want to a very big thank you to my mother @uduakisong1 for not resting till the issue was resolved. I love you forever mom. To Gugoccie and her team, thank you for standing by me and helping out. @sir.fela thank you for always helping to make sure things are resolved AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! to my Amazing cyber family! Haa you guys, una no dey carry me play o. You guys reported emmanuel Davies till the song got taken down on all platforms. I’m kicking my feet in the air like a little child. It’s giving play with her and you’d incure the watch of her cyber family. I love you guys so much. Pls if you encountered me yesterday and I wasn’t smiling, no vex abeg, life and emmanuel Davies tried me. Anyways we’re still working on getting Emmanuel Davies( it’s a fake name by the way) Thank you sooooo much guys. I love you guys! A very huge thank you to everyone who reached out to me and tried to help. If I didn’t pick your calls, pls don’t be offended, just the word “hello” had me In tears, and my head was banging from crying. I love and appreciate you guys deeply Shirt from @adunnis_closetss.” In her message, Ademoye acknowledged the relentless efforts of her mother, her team, industry colleagues, and especially her online supporters, who she credited for helping report the disputed content until it was removed from streaming platforms. Although the immediate copyright issue has been resolved, the actress noted that efforts are still ongoing to identify the individual behind the alleged fraud, adding that the name currently being circulated is not real. Fans and colleagues have since continued to celebrate with the actress, praising her resilience and the power of collective support in protecting creative work.

Read More

Mass Defection Rocks Kano As 22 Lawmakers Dump NNPP For APC After Governor Yusuf’s Exit

No fewer than 22 members of the Kano State House of Assembly have dumped the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in a major political shake-up in the state. The lawmakers announced their defection on Monday during plenary, shortly after Governor Abba Yusuf formally resigned from the NNPP following his recent visit to President Bola Tinubu at the State House in Abuja. In his resignation letter addressed to the chairman of the Diso–Chiranchi Ward in Gwale Local Government Area, Yusuf blamed his decision on what he described as “deepening internal crises” and “prolonged leadership disputes” within the party. The governor’s move was carried out alongside 22 state lawmakers, eight members of the House of Representatives, and all 44 local government chairmen in Kano State, marking one of the largest mass defections in the state’s political history. Among the defecting lawmakers are Speaker Jibril Falgore (Rogo), Deputy Speaker Muhammad Bello Butu Butu (Tofa/Rimin Gado), Majority Leader Lawan Hussain (Dala), Deputy Majority Leader Garba Shehu Fammar (Kibiya), and Chief Whip Muddasir Ibrahim Zawachiki (Kumbotso). A video shared on X by user @Imranmuhdz captured the moment Speaker Falgore called each lawmaker to publicly declare their new political affiliation on the floor of the assembly. Announcing his defection, Rabiu Shuaibu (Dawakin Kudu) said, “I, Shuaibu Rabiu, representing Dawakin Kudu, resign my membership of the NNPP to the APC with immediate effect from today (Monday).” Tukur Mohammed (Fagge) also confirmed his decision, saying, “Mr Speaker, I am here to confirm I am resigning my membership of the NNPP and joining the APC.” Other lawmakers who moved to the APC include Zakariyya Abdullahi Nuhu (Gabasawa), Lawal Tini (Ajingi), Musa Tahir Haruna (Albasu), Ali Lawan Alhassan (Bagwai/Shanono), Ali Muhammad Tiga (Bebeji), Hafiz Gambo (Bunkure), Murtala Muhammad Kadage (Garko), Abdulmajid Isah Umar (Gwale), Ahmad Ibrahim (Karaye), Alhassan Zakari (Kura/Garun Malam), Suleiman Mukhtar Ishaq (Madobi), Abdulhamid Abdul (Minjibir), Muhammad Ibrahim (Rano), Kabiru Sule Dahiru (Tarauni), and Ali Abdullahi Manager (Wudil). Reacting earlier to Governor Yusuf’s defection, NNPP national leader Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso described the development as a betrayal and declared January 23 as “World Betrayal Day.” Kwankwaso was instrumental to Yusuf’s emergence as Kano governor in the 2023 election through the Kwankwasiyya political movement.

Read More

Ole Ole – FCTA Workers Chase Minister Wike’s Convoy In Abuja Over Unpaid Salaries And Welfare Disputes

Parts of Abuja were thrown into chaos on Monday as aggrieved workers reportedly pursued the motorcade of FCT Minister Nyesom Wike amid ongoing protests over unpaid salaries and welfare concerns. The workers, who have been on strike, became visibly agitated when Wike’s convoy passed, with a video obtained by Naija News showing protesters chanting “ole” (thief) and advancing toward the minister’s vehicles, demanding immediate action on their grievances. The incident occurred during a wider protest by staff of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), backed by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), who staged a picket at the National Industrial Court in Abuja as part of an indefinite strike over long-standing labour disputes. The NLC affirmed full support for the strike, calling it a justified response to what it described as continuous violations of workers’ rights by FCTA management and political leadership. Protesters listed several unresolved issues, including unpaid promotion arrears, poor working conditions, and lack of essential tools, saying repeated engagements with FCTA authorities had failed to resolve their concerns. At the court, workers carried placards demanding Minister Wike’s removal, reflecting mounting frustration among civil servants over unaddressed welfare issues. The protest disrupted sections of Abuja’s central district, highlighting deepening discontent with administrative responses. Labour leaders emphasized that the strike is a measure of last resort after months of unsuccessful negotiations with the FCTA.

Read More

Calvin Bassey’s Alleged Father Appeals For Help To Reconnect With Sons

A video circulating online has drawn widespread attention, showing a man claiming to be the biological father of Fulham defender Calvin Bassey. In the emotional clip, Kingsley Ikenna alleged that his ex-wife has denied him access to his adult sons, including the Super Eagles star, despite his repeated attempts to reconnect. Ikenna, who currently lives in Italy, said he and his family initially moved to England but faced difficulties converting their Italian documents to British ones. He claimed that when his ex-wife refused to return to Italy, he had no choice but to leave alone, severing contact with his children. Appealing to Nigerians for support, Ikenna emphasized that he is not seeking Calvin Bassey for fame but hopes to rebuild their father-son relationship. "Please Nigerians should help me. Wherever I must have wronged my wife, she should please forgive me so I can have access to my children. My wife took my children and ran away with them." — Ikenna , Footballer Calvin Bassey's dad pleads with Nigerians on live with Helen Ati__… pic.twitter.com/4JRGVoSv6d — GWG (@gwg_ng) January 26, 2026

Read More

NNPC, Chevron Announce Major Offshore Oil Discovery In Western Niger Delta

Nigeria has recorded a significant offshore oil discovery after the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC Ltd) confirmed that Chevron Nigeria Limited successfully drilled a new well in the western Niger Delta. The find comes from the Awodi-07 appraisal and exploration well, operated by Chevron under its joint venture with NNPC Ltd, with drilling conducted between late November and mid-December 2025. Drilled in shallow offshore waters, the well revealed hydrocarbons across multiple reservoir layers, signaling fresh oil and gas potential in the region. The operation was completed safely, adhering to all regulatory and safety standards, and the well was secured at the end of the exploration phase. NNPC Ltd stated that the discovery reinforces confidence in the asset and will support efforts to increase oil production, enhance energy supply, and generate economic value through the joint venture, which aims for a production capacity of about 146,000 barrels per day.

Read More

Anambra Governor Orders One-Week Closure Of Onitsha Main Market Over Traders’ Defiance

Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has ordered the closure of Onitsha Main Market for one week following traders’ persistent defiance of the state government’s directive to disregard the Monday sit-at-home order. Soludo issued the order on Monday during an on-the-spot inspection of the market, accompanied by senior government officials and security personnel. Security operatives have sealed the market to enforce compliance. The governor noted that despite repeated assurances of improved security and appeals for traders to resume business, many shops remained shut on Monday. He described the traders’ actions as deliberate disobedience and economic sabotage. “The government cannot stand by while a few individuals undermine public safety and disregard official directives meant to restore normalcy. This is plain economic sabotage,” Soludo said. He emphasized that the closure is intended to protect law-abiding citizens and warned that failure to reopen the market after the one-week shutdown could result in an extended closure of up to one month. “You either decide to trade here or go elsewhere. I am very serious about this,” the governor added.

Read More