Timini Egbuson Mourns Loss Of His Father

Nollywood actor Timini Egbuson has announced the passing of his father, sharing the heartbreaking news with fans on social media. The actor posted photos of his late father, expressing his grief and reflecting on the emotions that came with starting the year on such a painful note. In his message, Timini hinted at the many things left unsaid while reassuring himself of his commitment to make his father proud. “Didn’t think I’ll start the year saying this … Rest in peace Dad 🕊️ So much left unsaid but I’ll keep making you proud.” Following the post, fans and colleagues from the entertainment industry flooded his page with condolences, prayers and supportive messages as he mourns the loss of his father.

Read More

Kwankwaso Insists On Presidential Or Vice Presidential Slot As Condition For 2027 Defection

Dr. Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso has made it clear that any move away from his current political platform ahead of the 2027 general election will depend strictly on the position being offered to him. Speaking in Kano on Saturday while hosting supporters of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), the former Kano State governor confirmed that discussions are ongoing at the national level about aligning with an opposition coalition. However, he stressed that he is not interested in vague promises or minor appointments. “At the national level, talks are ongoing to join an opposition coalition. We told them that we agree to go with you, but what will you give me. Appointments? How many? Which one among them will fit me, which I will accept?” Kwankwaso stated that his stance has already been clearly communicated to those involved in the talks, insisting that only the top positions would justify such a political shift. “I have made it categorically clear that I will only join a coalition that considers me as either the presidential or vice-presidential candidate.” He added that his supporters across the country would not back any defection unless it firmly places him as either the presidential or vice-presidential flag bearer in the 2027 election. The former governor also disclosed that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had previously made overtures to him. According to Kwankwaso, those discussions collapsed after the party failed to present what he described as a concrete and meaningful offer capable of benefiting both him and his political base.

Read More

Anthony Joshua Pays Tribute to Friends Lost in Fatal Nigerian Car Crash

Anthony Joshua has made his first public post since a tragic car accident in Nigeria left two of his close friends dead. The 36-year-old former two-time heavyweight champion was a passenger in a Lexus SUV that collided with a stationary truck on a major Lagos expressway. The crash claimed the lives of his teammates Sina Ghami and Latif “Latz” Ayodele, whose funerals were held at a London mosque on Sunday. Joshua suffered minor injuries and was hospitalized, but he was discharged on Wednesday and returned to the UK over the weekend. On Sunday, he shared two photos on Instagram. One image shows him sitting with his mother and three women, one holding a picture of Ghami, captioned: “My Brothers Keeper.” The vehicle’s driver, 46-year-old Adeniyi Mobolaji Kayode, appeared in Sagamu Magistrates’ Court on Friday, facing charges including causing death by dangerous driving, according to police sources.

Read More

Wike Says Political Career At Risk If Rivers Governor Fubara Wins Second Term

Nyesom Wike, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has warned that his political future could suffer serious damage if Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara secures a second term in office. Wike made the remarks on Saturday while addressing stakeholders in Okrika Local Government Area, stating that a firm decision has already been taken regarding the 2027 governorship election in the state. “We have made a decision as far as Tinubu is concerned. The other one, no way. If we make another mistake, we will bury ourselves politically. I will not allow that mistake again,” he said. “So everybody should know we have made a decision.” The FCT minister has intensified his criticism of Fubara since the governor joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) last month. He accused Fubara of breaching the terms of a peace agreement reached before the lifting of emergency rule in Rivers State, which paved the way for his return to office. Earlier in the week, Wike described what he called a “leadership mistake” in Rivers State, promising that it would be corrected in 2027 and pledging to disclose details of the agreement that restored Fubara to power. “We will not make the same mistake again at the state level in 2027, but we will talk about it later,” he said, emphasizing that leaders should prioritize the will of the people over personal interests. At a separate stakeholders’ meeting on Friday in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area, Wike rejected the notion that Fubara’s support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu would guarantee him re-election. “If you played well with the first one and succeeded, do you think you can succeed with the second one? There cannot be two markets in one day,” he said, referring to previous peace agreements. He warned that backing Tinubu alone would not secure Fubara another term. “So, whoever is assuring you that everything will be fine once you sign on your mandate, you are mistaken,” Wike said, adding, “All of us have decided to work for Bola Ahmed Tinubu. There is no discussion about that.” Wike also questioned Fubara’s leadership style, saying, “Someone who cannot relate with local government chairmen, state assembly members, and national assembly members — what kind of leadership do you want to provide?” Responding to Fubara’s New Year remarks, in which the governor reportedly dismissed Wike’s comments as “noise,” Wike insisted that Fubara owed his rise to the governorship to him, despite his lack of popularity at the time. “I made him governor even when he was not popular among the people,” he said.

Read More

Kwara Police Investigate Suspected Arson After Woman’s Home Targeted Over Religion

Mrs T. A. Olorisha has raised alarm after her house was destroyed in a suspected arson attack in the Isale Koko area of Ilorin, alleging that the incident followed threats she received because of her religious beliefs. The Kwara State Police Command confirmed that the fire occurred on January 1, 2026, at about 7:00 p.m. while Mrs Olorisha was away from home. Police said no life was lost, as the building was empty at the time, while the value of the damaged property is yet to be determined. According to the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, the incident was reported at about 10:00 p.m. on January 2 at the C Division Police Station, Oja Oba, Ilorin. “The complainant, Mrs T. A. Olorisha, alleged that her house was set ablaze by unknown persons on 1st Jan., 2026, at about 7:00 p.m., while she was away from home,” Ejire-Adeyemi said. She added, “Mrs Olorisha further alleged that she had received threats in November 2025 from some individuals over religious differences, as she is a traditional worshipper.” The police spokesperson said Mrs Olorisha provided investigators with useful information, leading to the invitation and detention of three suspects who are currently assisting with the investigation. Ejire-Adeyemi said efforts are ongoing to arrest other suspected perpetrators, assuring that all allegations will be thoroughly investigated. She also reiterated the command’s commitment to protecting lives, property, and the rights of all residents regardless of religious or cultural beliefs, urging the public to remain calm and cooperate with the police.

Read More

APC National Chairman Confirms Rivers Governor Fubara As Party Leader

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has confirmed Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara as the party’s leader in the state. APC National Chairman Nentawe Yilwatda made the announcement on Friday during Channels Television’s Hard Copy, stating that the party’s constitution gives governors of APC-controlled states the authority to lead the party locally. “In all the states, the governors lead the party in their respective areas,” Yilwatda said, adding that governors are expected to involve all stakeholders—a standard Fubara is already following in Rivers. He also stressed that governors should respect inclusion at the national level. Addressing Fubara’s second-term ambitions, Yilwatda said the party would support him if he emerges as the APC candidate through primaries conducted by duly accredited delegates. “If Siminalayi emerges as the APC candidate in Rivers State, I will stand by him,” he said. The clarification comes amid speculation about party leadership in Rivers State. Fubara defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in December, citing loyalty to President Bola Tinubu. “The truth is, without Mr. President, there wouldn’t be any His Excellency Siminalayi Fubara; it would have been the former governor,” Fubara said. He added, “We have the people, we have the supporters. Our only thank-you to Mr. President is to support him fully. We cannot support the President if we don’t fully identify with him. Today, we have decided: we are moving to APC.”

Read More

Arsenal Hold Off Bournemouth 3-2 To Extend Premier League Lead To Six Points

Arsenal edged Bournemouth 3-2 in Saturday’s late Premier League clash to extend their lead at the top to six points. The Gunners went into the match aware that Aston Villa had moved into second place following a 3-1 win over Nottingham Forest. Bournemouth struck first after Gabriel’s pass was intercepted, allowing Evanilson to fire them ahead. Gabriel redeemed himself shortly after, leveling the score just six minutes later. After the break, Arsenal surged ahead as Declan Rice scored twice to put the Gunners in control. Bournemouth’s Kroupi Jr pulled one back, but Arsenal held firm to secure the victory and all three points.

Read More

Anthony Joshua Returns To UK After Fatal Car Crash Claims Two Close Friends

Former world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua has returned to the United Kingdom after a tragic road accident in Nigeria that claimed the lives of two of his close friends and members of his team. The fatal crash occurred on Monday, December 29, when the Lexus SUV Joshua was travelling in collided with a stationary truck on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway near Makun. The boxer sustained minor injuries and was treated in hospital before being discharged on New Year’s Eve. A BBC report later confirmed that he has since flown back to the UK. Two passengers in the vehicle, Sina Ghami and Latif “Latz” Ayodele, lost their lives in the collision. Their funerals are scheduled to take place on Sunday at the London Central Mosque, according to Sky Sports. The driver, Adeniyi Mobolaji Kayode, 46, has been charged by the Ogun State Police Command with causing death by dangerous driving and driving without a valid licence. He was granted bail in the sum of N5 million, with the case adjourned until January 20 pending the fulfilment of bail conditions. Kayode’s 19-year-old son, Ifeoluwa Adeniyi, has defended his father, claiming the crash was caused by brake failure and an illegally parked truck. He insisted his father was not speeding at the time of the accident and described him as an experienced and careful driver. Kayode’s lawyer, Olalekan Abiodun, revealed that Joshua narrowly escaped death after changing seats shortly before the crash. According to him, Joshua initially sat in the front passenger seat but was asked to move to the back so the driver could have a clearer view of the wing mirror. Latif Ayodele later took the front seat. Joshua was reportedly travelling to Sagamu to visit relatives for New Year celebrations when the accident occurred, just 10 days after his knockout victory over Jake Paul in Miami. Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun and Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu expressed appreciation to the public for their prayers and support and thanked President Bola Tinubu for his intervention. Both state governments also commiserated with the families of the deceased, describing the incident as deeply painful and unfortunate. Police investigations into the circumstances surrounding the crash are still ongoing.

Read More