Fuel marketers accuse Dangote Refinery of distributing substandard petrol

Dangote Petroleum Raises Petrol Price to N799 Per Litre, MRS Stations Sell at N839

Dangote Petroleum Refinery has increased the price of petrol sold to marketers from N699 per litre to N799 per litre, with MRS filling stations now retailing the fuel at N839 per litre. In a statement on Monday evening, the refinery said the adjustment follows the end of the festive season. “With the festive period concluded, PMS prices have been modestly realigned to sustainable levels to support long-term market stability and affordability. Under the current alignment, the PMS gantry price is N799 per litre, while MRS retail outlets are selling at N839 per litre,” it said. The refinery stressed its commitment to stable pricing and a steady petrol supply nationwide. It noted that during the festive period, prices were temporarily reduced to ease financial pressure on households during high spending periods. According to the statement, this marks the second consecutive festive season in which the refinery absorbed extra costs in the national interest, citing logistics support in 2024 and a price cut in 2025 as part of efforts to keep fuel affordable and maintain market calm. “Despite the price reduction, many filling stations failed to reflect the new price at the pump, thereby denying Nigerians the benefits of the reduction,” the statement added.

Read More

Femi Adebayo’s Family Defends Him Over Estranged Wife’s Eviction, Cites Bank Foreclosure

A family member of filmmaker Femi Adebayo has spoken out amid social media backlash over the eviction of his estranged wife, Omotayo Sanusi, also known as Iyan Aladuke. Mrs Taiwo Abdulmalik, related to Femi, clarified that the eviction from a Lagos property was due to a bank foreclosure, not abandonment. She explained that Femi purchased the property with a bank loan, and when repayment issues arose, the bank initiated recovery proceedings. “She knew Femi bought those properties with a loan and that the bank was coming for recovery. Those properties belong to him alone, and he is still paying heavy principal with interest,” Abdulmalik said. She added that Femi ensured Sanusi, her family members living with her, and her staff were immediately relocated to a short-let apartment, with all expenses covered. “He made sure everyone was moved safely and paid for everything,” she said. Abdulmalik also stated that Femi encouraged Sanusi to find another rental property, promising to cover the cost, regardless of the price. Abdulmalik further revealed that in 2022, Femi purchased land near Sanusi’s business on Muritala Muhammed Way and registered it in her name as a financial backup. However, he was later surprised when she sold the land and spent the proceeds. Responding to claims that Femi had neglected his family, Abdulmalik emphasized that he continues to support their son, including spending around $50,000 on a medical procedure in India last year. “He has never stopped taking care of his son. He loves his children dearly and is very involved in their lives,” she said. Sanusi, meanwhile, has disputed parts of the family’s account on social media, alleging that armed men came to her business during the eviction and that her elderly mother was also forced out. She said she had avoided taking the matter online but felt compelled to respond to what she described as “false information” circulating about her.

Read More

Portable Flaunts New Jeep Wrangler Days After Prison Release, Taunts Enemies

Nigerian singer Portable marked his return to freedom with a flashy new Jeep Wrangler just days after being released from prison. He shared the excitement with his hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers, posting videos that highlighted both the exterior and interior of the vehicle straight from the motorshop. In the clips, Portable held up the car key and boldly declared that all his enemies had been disgraced, using the moment to celebrate his triumph and resilience. Fans quickly flooded the comments, praising his style and audacity. The Jeep Wrangler is the latest in a series of high-profile purchases by Portable since regaining his freedom, reinforcing his reputation for turning personal victories into headline-making celebrations.   View this post on Instagram  

Read More

APC Dismisses Speculation About Replacing Vice President Shettima Ahead Of 2027 Election

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has rejected claims that Vice President Kashim Shettima could be dropped as President Bola Tinubu’s running mate in the 2027 general election. APC’s national publicity secretary, Felix Morka, stated on Monday that reports suggesting Shettima’s replacement are “purely speculative, untrue and utterly baseless.” He called on media organisations to avoid giving platforms to “rumour-peddlers and mischievous news sources” whose aim is to create confusion and discord. Speculation had circulated that figures such as Sokoto Catholic Bishop Matthew Kukah, former House Speaker Yakubu Dogara, and Defence Minister Lt. Gen. Christopher Musa (rtd) could take Shettima’s place. The claims drew reactions from party members, including Minister of Culture, Tourism and Creative Economy Hannatu Musawa, who warned that removing a Northern Muslim from the ticket could weaken APC’s chances in 2027. Morka noted that earlier stories about Shettima’s possible replacement were subtle but have recently escalated, with specific names being circulated. He urged ministers, senior government officials, and APC leaders to focus on their responsibilities and support the party’s agenda rather than fuel unnecessary speculation. “Our Party remains committed to supporting President Tinubu and Vice President Shettima in implementing the Renewed Hope Agenda, advancing reforms that are transforming the economy, creating prosperity, and improving living conditions for Nigerians,” the statement read. He added that officials should concentrate on diligent service to the government and party while strengthening the achievements of President Tinubu, whom he described as “our inimitable and visionary leader.”

Read More

Davido Begs Wife Chioma To Let Him Visit Ghana After Seeing IShowSpeed Viral Massage Video

Nigerian singer Davido has humorously pleaded with his wife, Chioma, to let him travel to Ghana after spotting a viral video of American streamer IShowSpeed enjoying a traditional Ghanaian massage during his African tour. IShowSpeed has been exploring the continent’s culture and traditions, and in the clip, he was seen relaxing and receiving a massage from Ghanaian women, a moment that quickly caught the attention of fans online. Amused by the video, Davido shared it on his Instagram story, captioning it: “@thechefchi oh boy my darling wife pls permit me 😅😅 this nah Ghana???” The playful post drew laughter and reactions from fans, who enjoyed Davido’s lighthearted plea to experience Ghana’s renowned culture and hospitality for himself. Davido and Chioma, known for their public displays of affection on social media, added another fun and relatable moment to their online interactions with this humorous request. Davido's reaction to IShowSpeed getting a massage from Ghanaian ladies is going viral! He shared the video on his Instagram story, jokingly asking his wife Chioma for permission, saying "oh boy, my darling wife, pls permit me? This nah Ghana" ??? pic.twitter.com/r9xQ4GIFQJ — NewsHub (@NewsHub2023) January 27, 2026

Read More

“You Will Win Your Second Term In 2027,” Ganduje Tells Governor Abba Yusuf After APC Return

Former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Ganduje, has thrown his full weight behind Kano State Governor Abba Yusuf, promising him victory in the 2027 governorship election after his defection from the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP). Ganduje made the declaration on Monday during a reception at the Government House in Kano, describing Yusuf’s return to the APC as a “historic homecoming” and a major boost for the party in the state. “You will win your second term in 2027. We have spoken to all aspirants, and they have agreed to support you,” Ganduje said. “In APC, all serving governors are leaders of the party in their respective states. Therefore, you are the leader of the APC in Kano State.” He also hailed Yusuf as a progressive leader whose policies align with APC values and assured him of fair treatment within the party. Governor Yusuf officially rejoined the APC on January 23, citing internal conflicts and legal disputes in the NNPP, as well as the need to safeguard Kano State’s development agenda. “Leadership must rise above comfort, sentiment, or personal selfishness,” Yusuf said. “After careful reflection and consultation, I relinquished my membership of NNPP and joined the party that is better for Kano. We are choosing progress over personal desires. Our loyalty is to Kano first.”

Read More

Wike Loyalists Secure APC Tickets For Rivers Assembly Bye-Elections

Loyalists of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, have emerged as candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Rivers State House of Assembly bye-elections fixed for February 21, 2026. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will conduct the polls to fill two vacant seats in the state legislature for Ahoada-East Constituency II and Khana Constituency II. The seats became vacant following the death of the Khana lawmaker, Hon. Dunebari Loolo, and the resignation of the Ahoada-East representative, Edison Ehie, who stepped down amid Rivers State’s lingering political crisis. Ahead of the primaries, the APC held congresses at the constituency level to select delegates, with five delegates produced from each area. The delegate selection exercise took place on Sunday, supervised by committees appointed by the party’s National Working Committee, while the primaries on Monday were observed by INEC officials and security agencies. At the end of the exercise, Hon. Napoleon Ukalikpe, said to be loyal to Wike, secured the APC ticket for Ahoada-East Constituency II. In Khana Constituency II, the party’s ticket went to Mrs. Bulabari Loolo, widow of the late lawmaker, in what party insiders described as a compensatory gesture following her husband’s death. The development is reported to have unsettled the camp of Rivers State Governor, Sir Siminalayi Fubara. Some sources claim the outcome suggests the governor may have conceded ground at the expense of his loyalists, while others insist political actors aligned with Wike simply outmaneuvered Fubara’s supporters during the primaries.

Read More

UK Court Jails Nigerian Man For Killing Ex-Girlfriend After Guilty Plea

Adedapo Adegbola, a 40-year-old Nigerian resident in the United Kingdom, has admitted to killing his former British girlfriend, Steph Irons, after stabbing her at her home in Nottingham. Adegbola entered a guilty plea at the Nottingham Crown Court on Monday, confirming that he and the victim had previously worked together before beginning a romantic relationship that later broke down. Court proceedings revealed that on October 21, 2025, Adegbola went to Irons’ residence on Westdale Lane West in the Mapperley area, where he stabbed her. Investigators say the suspect has refused to explain what led to the attack. Rather than seeking medical help, Adegbola fled the scene, leaving Irons lying in a pool of blood. He also discarded a blood-stained pair of trainers while attempting to evade detection. Detective Inspector Stuart Barson, who led the investigation, said, “Following the attack on Miss Irons, Adegbola made no attempt to call for an ambulance, and was concerned only with getting away from the scene and attempting to dispose of vital evidence.” Neighbours were unable to determine exactly when the stabbing occurred, but Irons’ body was found in the living room of her apartment at about 10 p.m. Paramedics later confirmed her death. Adegbola later presented himself at Oxclose Police Station but refused to answer questions during police interviews. “Although he initially turned himself in, he went on to provide no comments to police interviews,” Barson said. “The evidence compiled against him, though, has left the defendant with no choice but to plead guilty today.” Prosecutors relied on CCTV footage, blood evidence found on his footwear, witness accounts and digital records to build the case that led to his conviction. Adegbola is scheduled to be sentenced on February 5. Police disclosed that Steph Irons held both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in clinical psychology and was preparing to apply for a doctorate programme. Barson expressed sympathy to the victim’s family, saying, “I hope that this outcome assists Steph’s family in coming to terms with such a dreadful loss.”

Read More