Tacha Defends Victor Osimhen, Says Nigerians Wouldn’t Criticize Ronaldo the Same Way

BBNaija star Tacha has defended Victor Osimhen following criticism from Nigerians over his on-field clash with teammate Ademola Lookman during Nigeria’s 4–0 Africa Cup of Nations win against Mozambique on January 5. Although the exact reason for Osimhen’s outburst is unclear, it came after Lookman had assisted him for a goal. While Osimhen confronted his teammate, Lookman remained calm, but many fans took to social media to slam the striker for his behavior. Tacha, however, dismissed the criticism on her X account, pointing out that Nigerians are reacting because they have seen Osimhen’s goal-scoring talent. She likened him to Cristiano Ronaldo and questioned whether fans would react the same way if Ronaldo had acted similarly. She wrote: Nigerians and see finish!! Y’all realize Victor Osimhen is our own Cristiano Ronaldo?? If Ronaldo did same thing we won’t have this much uproar but of course it’s Osimhen na.. make coach just Bench Osimhen for the next match i WON Check something 🚶‍♀️ Nigerians and see finish!! Y’all realize Victor Osimhen is our own Christiano Ronaldo?? If Ronaldo did same thing we won’t have this much uproar but of course it’s Osimhen na.. make coach just Bench osimhen for the next match i WON Check something 🚶‍♀️ https://t.co/Fc2WNfjLpU — TACHA🔱🇬🇭 🇳🇬 (@Symply_Tacha) January 6, 2026

Read More

Colombian President Petro Denounces Trump’s Drug Claims, Warns Against US Military Action

Colombian President Gustavo Petro has strongly rejected US President Donald Trump’s accusations and warned that any attempt at military intervention in Colombia could spark widespread resistance. Trump had threatened Colombia following a US strike on Venezuela aimed at removing President Nicolás Maduro, accusing Petro of running a cocaine operation. Speaking on Air Force One, Trump said Colombia is “very sick” and called Petro “a sick man who likes making cocaine and selling it to the United States,” adding, “He has cocaine mills and cocaine factories and is not going to be doing it very long.” Petro, a former leftist guerrilla who demobilised in the 1990s, denied the allegations, posting on X: “I am not illegitimate and I am not a narco. Trump speaks without knowledge. Stop slandering me.” He also warned that any US attack would have serious consequences. “If they bomb, the campesinos will become thousands of guerrillas in the mountains. And if they detain the president, which a large part of the country loves and respects, they will unleash the ‘jaguar’ of the people,” Petro said. Petro, who previously belonged to the M-19 guerrilla group, later helped draft Colombia’s 1991 constitution, served as a lawmaker, and became mayor of Bogotá before being elected president. “I swore not to touch a weapon again … but for the homeland I will take up arms again,” he added. In response to the escalating tensions, Colombian Defence Minister Pedro Sánchez announced that the president’s security detail had been reinforced. While some right-wing opposition figures in Colombia have sided with Trump, political leaders across the spectrum have rejected the idea of a US attack. Relations between Colombia and the US have already been strained: the US revoked Petro’s visa in September after he urged American soldiers to disobey illegal orders and imposed financial sanctions on him, his wife, and key aides in October. Meanwhile, the US has bolstered its military presence in the Caribbean and conducted strikes on suspected drug boats near Venezuela and off Colombia’s Pacific coast.

Read More

Breaking: Chelsea Appoints Rosenior As Head Coach

Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Liam Rosenior as their new head coach on a six-and-a-half-year deal.   Rosenior arrives from Strasbourg on a contract that runs until 2032.   He said: “I am extremely humbled and honoured to be appointed head coach of Chelsea Football Club. This is a club with a unique spirit and a proud history of winning trophies.”   Rosenior will take charge of Saturday’s FA Cup third-round tie at Championship side Charlton Athletic.   Callum McFarlane, who presided over a 1-1 draw at Manchester City on Sunday, will oversee Wednesday’s Premier League game at Fulham.   Rosenior had confirmed his imminent move to Stamford Bridge at a Strasbourg press conference on Tuesday morning – and said he was “ready” for the job.   The ex-Hull boss said: “I was given permission to speak to one of the biggest clubs in the world.   “It was an honour to be associated with a club like that and, now, it looks like I will be the next manager of that football club,” the 41-year-old said.   Rosenior played for Bristol City, Fulham, Reading, Hull City and Brighton during a 16-year playing career.   After hanging up his boots in 2018, Rosenior almost guided Hull to the Championship play-offs in 2024 and then became head coach of Strasbourg, who are owned by Chelsea’s parent company BlueCo. The French club finished seventh in Ligue 1 last season.   Despite his lack of experience at a top-level club – and having managed barely 100 matches altogether – the incoming head coach insisted his new role was not too big a job to take on.   “I am so excited for the future, my whole life has worked to be a coach and now to be presented this opportunity at a world-class football (club) is something I have always dreamed of,” he said.   “With that is a mixed emotion of sadness of what I am leaving behind. This is the last day I wake up as Strasbourg manager.   “I hope the fans here can understand that. I am looking forward to the challenge, if I didn’t think I was ready, I wouldn’t have accepted it.   “The reality is Strasbourg is not on the level as Chelsea. There are certain clubs you just cannot just turn down. I hope the fans can see that.”

Read More

Delta Police DPO Removed, Bail Refunded After Man Detained For Helping Dying Stranger

The Delta State Police Command has taken disciplinary action against the Divisional Police Officer of the GRA Division in Asaba following allegations of extortion and intimidation of a man who tried to save a dying stranger. The incident came to light after Tomi Wojuola shared his experience of rushing a collapsed man to the hospital, only for the victim to die on arrival. When Wojuola sought police assistance, he was reportedly detained at the GRA Police Station. “To tell you how wicked some officers of the Nigerian Police Force could be, I was accused of murder, and my statement was taken under caution,” Wojuola wrote. He claimed that CSP Joseph Udoh, the DPO, told him he was being punished for acting like “Jesus” and warned that after the ordeal, he might think twice before helping anyone in distress. Wojuola also alleged that the police withdrew almost all the money from his account for bail, leaving him with only N2,000, and that he was released only after intervention from a senior government official. Providing an update, Delta State Police Public Relations Officer SP Edafe Bright confirmed on Saturday that the DPO had been removed and sanctioned, and that Wojuola’s bail money had been refunded. “The man has been contacted, the DPO removed and sanctioned, and the money refunded,” he said. Wojuola also shared the update on Facebook, writing: “DPO removed and sanctioned. Money refunded. Thanks all, Naija go better one day!”

Read More

AFCON 2025: Adams Akor’s Mother Hospitalised in Morocco

Mother of Super Eagles’ stricker, Adams Akor is currently receiving treatments in an hospital in Morocco. Akor, who scored his first AFCON goal against Mozambique, confirmed this development in a post match interview on Monday. Asked about the team’s focus ahead of their quarterfinal game, the Sevilla of Spain said; “I’m very focussed. I have my family here. My mum is here, though in the hospital but I’m really focussed.” Akor Adams scored his first AFCON goal and his third for Nigeria, when he hammered into the roof of the net for goal number four, after a textbook pass by Ademola Lookman. Nigeria will slug it out with either Algeria or Democratic Republic of Congo in the quarterfinal tie in Marrackech on Saturday.

Read More

Tiwa Savage Sternly Warns Influencer Dami Foreign Over Post About Her Son

Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage has issued a strong warning to social media influencer Dami Foreign after he posted about her son in a way she found unacceptable. The influencer shared a video captioned, “Omo, Why’s Tiwa Savage’s son frowning? 🤔”, referring to a clip of her child looking upset while she was twerking. Tiwa responded firmly on her X page, writing: “@TheDamiForeign I dare you to post anything about my child again and THIS WILL MOVE BEYOND TWITTER.” She also called out what she described as his excessive focus on her, adding: “@TheDamiForeign the obsession with me is loud but your relevance is missing.” In response, Dami Foreign shared a meme suggesting retreat and remorse, seemingly acknowledging Tiwa’s warning. The exchange quickly went viral, with fans applauding Tiwa for defending her family and making it clear that her child’s privacy is off-limits.

Read More

AFCON 2025: Osimhen Threatens to Dump Super Eagles

Reports from Fez, Morocco have it that Galatasaray striker Victor Osimhen is on the verge of leaving the Super Eagles’ camp following a spat with Ademola Lookman in their 4-0 win over The Mambas of Morocco on Monday. A heated exchange between the two attackers caught the attention of the Nigerian football faithful despite the Super Eagles’ dominant display. Osimhen appeared visibly frustrated for not getting a pass from the former Fulham star during the exchange and went on to stress the importance of collective play. The Turkey-based player, still animated, requested to be subbed off, which was granted after, and was replaced by Moses Simon. Meanwhile, this further added fuel to speculation about the disagreement. Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports have it that Osimhen has requested to return to his base in Turkey and has also dropped his accreditation card. When asked the team’s head coach, Eric Chelle dismisses the imbrioglio, saying; “What happens in the group, stays in the group.”

Read More

Lookman Assures Team Unity Despite Osimhen’s Frustration In Nigeria’s Win Over Mozambique

Ademola Lookman has played down any notion of a rift with Victor Osimhen following Nigeria’s 4-0 victory over Mozambique in the Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 at Fes Sports Complex. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that Osimhen, who scored twice, showed visible frustration after Lookman missed a passing opportunity, causing a brief moment of tension before the Galatasaray striker was substituted in the 70th minute. After the match, Lookman stressed that team unity remains the top priority. “Victor is our number one guy. He’s a top striker, vital to us. Moments like that happen, but they don’t change our togetherness,” he said. “I play for the badge and my teammates; assists or goals, the team comes first. Victor’s hunger drives us. We understand each other and keep pushing. We stay calm, respect decisions, and focus on the next game.”

Read More