Pastor Chris Okafor Surrenders To Police Over Misconduct Allegations

The Senior Pastor of Mountain of Liberation and Miracles Ministries, Chris Okafor, has reportedly turned himself in to the police amid serious allegations of misconduct and related offences. The Lagos State Police Command confirmed that Okafor voluntarily reported to authorities after failing to honour an earlier police invitation scheduled for Monday. He had been formally notified on Sunday by the State Criminal Investigation Department at Panti. Speaking to TVC on Wednesday, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Olohundare Jimoh, explained that the pastor had initially indicated through his lawyer that he would appear on Monday but did not show up, prompting police action. “When he was invited, he got to us through his lawyer that he would be appearing on Monday. So, on Monday, we waited for him. We didn’t see him, and I directed that he should be arrested. Subsequently, he showed up yesterday.” Jimoh further disclosed that the case has now been transferred to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Sylvester Alabi, for further investigation. “We later learned that the same matter had been opened at the Zone 2 headquarters with the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2, which I verified. He informed me the investigation had been ongoing under his command for about three weeks.”

Read More

Trump Moves To Pull US Out Of 66 UN And Global Bodies

United States President Donald Trump has unveiled plans to withdraw the country from 66 United Nations and international organisations, a decision that would significantly scale back US involvement in global efforts on climate change, democracy, and peacebuilding. The move was announced in a presidential memorandum released by the White House on Wednesday night. Trump said the decision followed a review of international bodies, conventions, and treaties considered to be at odds with US national interests. He added that Washington would end its participation in the affected organisations and halt all financial contributions to them. The list issued by the White House shows that 35 of the organisations are outside the UN system, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance, and the International Union for Conservation of Nature. While classified as a non-UN body in the document, the IPCC is a UN-backed organisation that brings together leading scientists to evaluate climate data and provide assessments used by governments worldwide. The withdrawal plan also covers 31 UN bodies, among them the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, the UN Democracy Fund, and the UN Population Fund, which focuses on maternal and child health. Several of the targeted agencies are involved in protecting vulnerable populations during armed conflicts, including the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children in Armed Conflict. Responding to the announcement, UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said the organisation was expected to issue an official response by Thursday morning. Although Trump has consistently argued for reduced US participation in UN forums, he has continued to play an active role in shaping decisions on the international stage.

Read More

Makinde Condemns Bandit Attack At Old Oyo National Park

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has lamented the deadly bandit attack on the Old Oyo National Park Office in Oloka village, Oriire Local Government Area, which left five National Park Service Forest Guards dead. Reacting via his X account, the governor described the early Wednesday attack as tragic, noting that the victims were killed in the line of duty while carrying out lawful responsibilities. Makinde assured residents that his government would intensify efforts to prevent a recurrence, stressing that security agencies had already begun coordinated action. “Preliminary investigations by the security agencies indicate that this was a cross-border attack carried out by bandits. The security agencies are already working together to address this incident and seek the support of residents in the area to cooperate with them in their intelligence gathering.” He also urged people living in Oriire LGA and other border communities to remain calm, adding that security operatives have restored normalcy and deployed additional personnel to the affected area.

Read More

Manchester City Held 1-1 By Brighton As Arsenal Eye Eight-Point Lead

Manchester City’s struggles in the Premier League continued as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Brighton at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, allowing leaders Arsenal to strengthen their advantage. Despite creating numerous opportunities, City lacked the clinical edge to secure all three points and were punished in the second half when Brighton struck unexpectedly after a quiet period. Erling Haaland’s 150th goal for the club gave City the lead late in the first half, seemingly setting them on track to close the gap on Arsenal to three points before the Gunners faced Liverpool on Thursday. However, Kaoru Mitoma had other plans, scoring from almost nothing to leave City scrambling in the final stages. Brighton held firm to deny City, meaning Arsenal could extend their lead at the top to eight points with a win over Arne Slot’s Liverpool.

Read More
Gunmen Kill Two and Abduct 12 Passengers in Benue

Five Farmers Killed in Benue’s Kwande Community as Suspected Herders Attack During Harvest

Five farmers have been killed and several others injured after suspected armed herders attacked Udeku Maav-Ya community in Mbakyol Council Ward, Turan District, Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State on Tuesday around 4:00 p.m. The attack occurred while residents were harvesting yams and bambara nuts, disrupting agricultural activities and raising fresh concerns over food security in the border community. Kwande LGA Chairman, Tersua Yarkwan, confirmed the fatalities and said the assailants did not immediately leave the area, heightening fear among residents. “This is a very disturbing incident. Five of our farmers were killed while harvesting their crops, and the attackers stayed back in the area for some time,” he said. Yarkwan described Kwande as a vulnerable border area with challenging terrain along the Cameroon frontier, which complicates security operations. “These repeated attacks, particularly during harvest season, pose a serious threat to food production,” he warned. Former supervisory councillor Lawrence Akerigba said the community was caught off guard and has faced sustained pressure from armed herders. “Our people have been subjected to shootings, destruction of crops and homes, and restricted access to water,” he said. The confirmed victims include Tyozua Gyuse, Gbaga Gyuse, and Tersuur Ijighka, while two others have yet to be identified. Some residents remain missing as search efforts continue. Akerigba also noted that repeated attacks have forced the closure of schools, churches, and markets, urging authorities to provide consistent security support. Efforts to reach Benue State Police Command spokesperson DSP Udeme Edet were unsuccessful at the time of reporting.

Read More

Diddy’s Employees Complain About Delayed Pay While He’s In Prison

Sources tell TMZ that some of Diddy’s employees and attorneys have grown frustrated over delayed payments while the hip-hop mogul serves time in federal prison. Reports say at least one staffer has resigned amid the hold-ups. Despite the claims, Diddy’s rep, Juda Engelmayer, insists the situation is under control. He told TMZ, “People, personnel, and attorneys are all being paid, and no one is leaving.” When asked about timely payments, Juda added, “Sean Combs controls his own finances. Everyone gets paid for their work once it’s completed and confirmed, after routine review.” Tri Star Sports & Entertainment is reportedly managing Diddy’s fortune during his incarceration, including handling his civil lawsuits and other financial matters.

Read More

Four Away Victories Mark Competitive 2025/26 NWFL Premiership Return

The 2025/26 Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) Premiership returned from the festive break with an action-packed Matchday Five, as nine fixtures were played across the country on Wednesday, January 7, 2026. In Lagos, FC Robo Queens extended their perfect start to the season with a narrow 1–0 victory over debutants Ahudiyannem Queens. Opeyemi Ajakaye struck within seconds of kickoff, a goal that proved decisive as the Lagos side recorded their fifth consecutive win – the longest active winning run in the league. Ahudiyannem Queens remain in search of their first NWFL Premiership victory. At Iyahmo, Osun Babes secured a vital 1–0 away win against Confluence Queens, compounding the hosts’ difficult start to the campaign. Naimot Kazeem netted the winner in the 62nd minute to claim maximum points for the visitors. Former champions Rivers Angels continued their impressive form with a commanding 3–0 victory over Adamawa Queens in Makwada. Forward Abasiofon Uwah delivered a standout performance, scoring all three goals in the second half to become the first player this season to register a hat-trick. In Ikenne, Nasarawa Amazons ended Remo Stars Ladies’ unbeaten run with a hard-fought 1–0 win at Remo Stars Stadium. Ayatsea Hembafan’s early strike in the 11th minute, which came off the post before crossing the line, proved enough to separate the sides. Abia Angels recorded a comfortable 2–0 victory over Sunshine Queens, with goals from Ekezie Onyedikachi and Winner David securing all three points. In Asaba, Delta Queens also claimed a 2–0 home win against Dannaz Ladies, courtesy of goals from Amarachukwu Onuorah and Rita Tsebee. Defending champions Bayelsa Queens edged Ibom Angels 2–1 in a closely contested South-South derby. First-half goals from Kesiena Ojiyovwi and Janet Akekeromowei laid the foundation for victory, despite a second-half response from Helen David. Elsewhere, Ekiti Queens, playing at their adopted home ground in Abeokuta, secured a 1–0 win over Naija Ratels FC, with Ismail Zainab scoring the decisive goal in the 73rd minute. The only stalemate of the round occurred in Ibadan, where Pacesetter Queens and Heartland Queens played out a goalless draw. As Matchday Five concludes, the NWFL Premiership continues to build momentum, with early title contenders asserting their credentials while several sides look to regroup ahead of the next round of fixtures.

Read More

Awujale: Fusengbuwa Ruling House Fixes Date For Nomination

The Fusengbuwa Ruling House has fixed date for the nomination of candidates for the vacant stool of Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland. The new date for nomination of candidates, according to a letter signed by the Chairman and Family Head and the Secretary, the Fusengbuwa Ruling House, Otunba Abdul Lateef A. Owoyemi and Pastor Bolarinde Salami, is Monday, 12th of this month in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State. The family in their response to the Ijebu Ode Local Government wrore; “We wish to confirm to you that our Rulin House Family Nomination Meeting for the vacant position of the Awujale and the Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, has, by the Grace of Almighty God, been fixed. “We also hereby invite the Secretary of the Local Government and his officils, to please join us for the meeting, to observe and moonitor our Ruling House Family Nomination meeting process, in accordance with the Law.”

Read More