Fusengbuwa Ruling House Dismisses KWAM1’s Protest Over Awujale Selection As “Arrant Nonsense”

The Fusengbuwa Ruling House of Ijebu land has dismissed claims by popular Fuji musician Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde, popularly known as KWAM1, that he is being unfairly excluded from the selection process for the next Awujale of Ijebu land. In a letter dated January 8, 2026, written by his lawyer Dr. Wahab Shittu (SAN), KWAM1 alleged that the ruling house, next in line to produce the new Awujale, issued directives that contradict the Chieftaincy Declaration and the Obas and Chiefs Law of Ogun State, claiming these measures were intended to prevent him from contesting for the throne. Reacting to the protest, the Vice Chairman of the Fusengbuwa Ruling House, Prof. Fassy Yusuf, described KWAM1’s claims as “arrant nonsense” and said they had no bearing on the selection process. Speaking on Sunday, Yusuf said: “It is a misguided letter. Either Wahab Shittu is being misled or Wasiu Ayinde is being misled. The issue raised about the screening is illogical. We have over 20,000 members in the ruling house. How does he expect us to manage the crowd? What is being talked about is illogical. The letter was directed to the government, so they will respond appropriately.” Yusuf confirmed that the family had scheduled Monday for the nomination meeting of aspirants for the vacant stool. The selection process for the new Awujale has attracted more than 60 aspirants, with KWAM1 publicly declaring his interest in the throne. The ruling house, however, maintains that the musician is not a member of their lineage and is therefore ineligible to participate. KWAM1 had earlier approached the Ogun State High Court in Ijebu-Ode seeking an interim injunction to halt the selection process, but the court dismissed the application for lack of merit. He later withdrew the suit through his lawyer, without giving a reason. Following intervention by the state government, the ruling house temporarily suspended the nomination process and has since restarted it to ensure proper procedure is followed.

Read More

Chimamanda Adichie, Husband Serve Legal Notice On Euracare Hospital Over Son’s Death

Chimamanda Adichie and her husband, Dr Ivara Esege, have taken legal action against Euracare Multi Specialist Hospital in Lagos following the death of their 21-month-old son, Nkanu Esege. The legal notice, dated January 10 and issued through lawyers led by Professor Kemi Pinheiro, accuses the hospital and its medical staff of negligence in the care provided to the child. The notice states that Nkanu was referred to Euracare from another medical facility for several diagnostic procedures, including a brain MRI, echocardiogram, lumbar puncture, and central line insertion, ahead of a planned medical evacuation to the United States. The family claims the child was sedated with propofol and suffered complications while being moved within the hospital. They allege that there was a lack of continuous monitoring, inadequate oxygen delivery, poor airway management, and insufficient medical supervision during the transfer between hospital areas. The notice demands that Euracare hand over all medical records related to Nkanu’s treatment within seven days. This includes consent forms, monitoring charts, procedural notes, ICU reports, and the identities of all medical personnel involved. The family also requested the preservation of all relevant evidence, including electronic records and CCTV footage, warning that non-compliance could lead to further legal and regulatory action. Euracare Hospital, while expressing sympathy for the family, denied any negligence. The hospital stated that Nkanu arrived in critical condition and that care was provided according to accepted medical standards. It also assured full cooperation with any investigation by regulatory authorities.

Read More

Emmanuella Breaks Silence, Denies Carter Efe’s Claims About Their Relationship

Emmanuella, mother of Carter Efe’s child, has spoken out after the streamer made several posts about her on social media. In a video statement, she refuted his claim that they had been single for over a year, revealing that they were intimate only three days before his post. She accused Carter Efe of trying to control her career, saying he discouraged her from working in a hospital, alleging she might use her job to pursue relationships with doctors despite her medical studies. Emmanuella also claimed he frequently boasted about giving her a platform, threatened to take it away, and warned he would post damaging content about her online. “He called me this morning and told me he gave me a platform and made people like me. He said he’s still going to take that platform away from me and that he’s about to post something,” she stated. Describing herself as emotionally drained and confused, Emmanuella said she understands why he might claim they are no longer together but stressed it is unfair to attack her publicly. “I’m happy you’re the one coming out to say all this about me because this is actually the right time. This is all I needed to come out and say my truth,” she added. My side of the story. pic.twitter.com/jLwUsx52k1 — Elma 🇳🇬 (@reignss_) January 11, 2026

Read More

Wike Says Only Tinubu Can Sack Him, Dismisses Calls For Removal As FCT Minister

Wike has responded to critics, saying only President Bola Tinubu has the authority to remove him as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), dismissing calls for his sack. The minister’s remarks come amid increasing pressure from political figures, especially within the All Progressives Congress (APC), who have linked their calls for his removal to tensions with his successor as Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara. Groups such as the APC Leaders Forum (ALF) and the Tinubu/Shettima Solidarity Movement (TSSM) had issued an open letter urging Tinubu to dismiss Wike, citing alleged insubordination, anti-party activities, and threats to national unity. During a “thank you” visit to Obio/Akpor Local Government Council, Wike insisted that only the president can decide his fate. “If my appointor believes that I cannot offer anything again, he has the right. It’s not that you should tell him,” he said. Wike defended his performance in office, noting that the attention he receives is due to the results of his work in the FCT. “I am proud, and Rivers people are proud, and we can tell Nigerians that we have not disappointed them as far as FCT is concerned. If you are not doing well, nobody will talk about you. But because we are doing well, people must talk about us,” he added. He also criticized former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and his supporters who are positioning for the 2027 presidency, arguing that they lack the capacity to win based on past results. “Those who say they are coming from Atiku’s side—I don’t understand. People who couldn’t give Atiku Abubakar ten percent in 2023 are now claiming they can deliver the presidency. You want to deliver failure because he has never passed one day. “We are the ones who have been winning every election. Magnus can attest to that. How can somebody who failed come and lead their own campaign? What campaign will he lead? We have settled the issue of the presidency come 2027. The good thing is everybody is saying we support Tinubu. Let us wrestle this one here, and let’s see who will win.”

Read More

K1 Appeals To Ogun Governor Over Alleged Exclusion From Awujale Nomination Process

Fuji music legend Wasiu Ayinde Adesanya, popularly known as K1, has formally petitioned Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun, raising concerns over his exclusion from the process to select nominees for the vacant Awujale of Ijebuland stool. In the petition dated January 8, 2026, and submitted through his lawyer Wahab K. Shittu, SAN, K1 urged the governor to ensure that the nomination exercise adheres strictly to established laws and procedures. He called on the Ogun State Executive Council to intervene, describing attempts to sideline him and other eligible princes as deliberate and unlawful. K1 alleged that leaders of the Fusengbuwa Ruling House were introducing measures that could unfairly bar certain family members from participating in the selection. He argued that steps taken so far by the Ijebu-Ode Local Government and the ruling house violated due process and existing legal frameworks. The musician also challenged directives requiring aspirants to purchase nomination forms and undergo screening, stating that these demands are not provided for under the Chieftaincy Declaration or the Obas and Chiefs Laws of Ogun State. The petition noted that the Secretary of Ijebu-Ode Local Government had, in a letter dated January 6, 2026, instructed the Fusengbuwa Ruling House to convene a statutory family meeting within 14 days to nominate candidates. However, K1 claimed a subsequent notice, issued by Prince Adeleye Lateef Ademuyiwa, the family’s Public Relations Officer, introduced additional procedures including screening and delegate-based nominations. According to the notice, the nomination exercise is scheduled for January 12, 2026, at the Bisrod Event Centre, Ijebu-Ode, with a prior meeting to select delegates on January 10. K1’s lawyer described these developments as illegal, warning that they could disenfranchise legitimate members of the ruling house. The petition emphasized that every qualified member has the right to participate freely in the nomination process and that no faction should dominate it. The petition further stressed that imposing screening panels and delegate systems contradicts the Chieftaincy Declaration and the Obas and Chiefs Laws of Ogun State, 2021, and could lead to avoidable disputes. K1 urged Governor Abiodun to act swiftly to uphold fairness and transparency, adding that any attempt to unlawfully bar him from participating would be strongly contested. It is recalled that K1 had previously withdrawn a case at the Ogun State High Court in Ijebu-Ode, where he had challenged claims that he was not a recognized member of the Fusengbuwa Ruling House. The Fusengbuwa Ruling House is expected to hold the nomination exercise on Monday at the Bisrod Event Centre, Ijebu-Ode, unless there is a last-minute change.

Read More

Donald Trump Declares Himself Acting President of Venezuela After Maduro’s Capture

Donald Trump has declared himself “Acting President of Venezuela, Incumbent January 2026” in a social media post styled like an edited Wikipedia page. The post included his official portrait and listed him as both the 45th and 47th President of the United States, the statement was said. The claim is not reflected on Wikipedia and has not been recognized by any international organization, the report was said. The announcement followed a United States military operation that captured Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and his wife, who were flown to New York to face federal drug trafficking and narcoterrorism charges. The operation came after months of US pressure, sanctions, and military activity targeting Venezuela, the report was said. Maduro has described his removal as a “kidnapping,” while countries including China, Russia, Colombia, and Spain condemned the action as a violation of international law, analysts said. Hours after Maduro’s ouster, Trump announced that the United States would temporarily govern Venezuela, citing security concerns and the need for a controlled transition, the statement was said. He added that the US would oversee Venezuelan oil production and sales to global markets during this period, the statement was said. Inside Venezuela, Vice President Delcy Rodríguez was sworn in as interim President by the Supreme Tribunal of Justice. Rodríguez rejected US authority, demanded Maduro’s release, and reaffirmed him as the nation’s rightful leader, the report was said. Trump warned that Rodríguez could “pay a very big price” if she did not cooperate, suggesting the consequences could be even more severe than those facing Maduro, who remains in US custody, the statement was said. Trump also took credit after Venezuelan authorities announced the release of political prisoners as a gesture toward peace. On Truth Social, he said the releases had occurred “in a big way” following US action and warned the freed prisoners to “never forget it,” the statement was said. The US President further called on major American oil companies to invest up to $100 billion in Venezuela to expand the country’s oil production. He said the US would determine which companies could operate in Venezuela and assist in rebuilding its oil sector, the statement was said. He also praised an agreement with Venezuela’s interim leadership to supply 50 million barrels of crude oil to the United States, adding that deliveries could continue indefinitely and help lower US energy prices, the statement was said.

Read More

Lagos State Orders Investigation Into Death Of Chimamanda Adichie’s Son

The Lagos State Government has ordered an urgent investigation into the reported medical negligence that allegedly led to the death of Nkanu, the son of renowned Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, at a private hospital in Lagos. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu gave the directive through the Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency (HEFAMAA) following public concern over the incident, which occurred on January 6, 2026, the statement was said. In a press release signed by Dr. Kemi Ogunyemi, Special Adviser to the Governor on Health, the government expressed deep condolences to the grieving family, describing the loss as “a profound tragedy,” the statement was said. “On behalf of the Government and people of Lagos State, we commiserate sincerely with Ms. Chimamanda Adichie and her family over this painful and irreparable loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this extremely difficult time,” the statement was said. The government reiterated its zero tolerance for medical negligence or unprofessional conduct in any health facility operating in Lagos State, the statement was said. “Lagos State Government places the highest value on human life and maintains zero tolerance for medical negligence or unprofessional conduct in any health facility operating within the State,” the statement was said. Dr. Ogunyemi added that HEFAMAA has already begun a thorough investigation and visited the facility involved, she was said. “The Governor has directed HEFAMAA to immediately commence a thorough, independent, and transparent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident, with a view to uncovering both immediate and remote causes of the death,” she was said. The investigation will include a detailed review of clinical protocols, professional conduct, patient safety standards, and the responsibilities of all parties involved, she was said. HEFAMAA will also work closely with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and other regulatory bodies to ensure the process is credible and professional, she was said. “Findings of the investigation will be made public as soon as the process is concluded, in the interest of transparency and public accountability,” she was said. She further warned that any health facility or professional found culpable of negligence or regulatory violations would face the full weight of the law, she was said. The government urged the public to remain calm and avoid speculation, reaffirming its commitment to safeguarding the health, safety, and rights of all residents, the statement was said. “Lagos State remains committed to continuously strengthening oversight of medical practice to prevent the recurrence of such tragic incidents,” she was said, extending condolences to Ms. Adichie and her family and assuring that justice and due process would not be compromised.

Read More

Tinubu Arrives In Abu Dhabi Ahead Of 2026 Sustainability Week

President Bola Tinubu has arrived in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, to participate in the 2026 Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, which officially opens on Monday. The President’s aircraft landed at the presidential wing of Zayed International Airport at about 11:30 p.m. local time on Sunday. His arrival was confirmed in a statement issued by his spokesperson, Bayo Onanuga. Tinubu was received at the airport by the UAE Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sheikh Shakhboot Nahyan Al Nahyan, and the UAE Ambassador to Nigeria, Salem Saeed Al-Shamsi. Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Maitama Tuggar, as well as officials from the Nigerian diplomatic mission in Abu Dhabi, were also present. Several Nigerian government officials later welcomed the President at his hotel. Among them were the Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, Atiku Bagudu; the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Jumoke Oduwole; and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Mohammed Mohammed. The President arrived in Abu Dhabi from Europe, where he previously held consultations with Rwandan President Paul Kagame and French President Emmanuel Macron. The 2026 Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, themed The Nexus of Next, All Systems Go, will focus on issues relating to sustainable development, climate action, energy transition, and inclusive growth.

Read More