US Revokes Over 100,000 Visas Including Thousands Held By Students And Professionals Over Criminal Activity

The United States Department of State has revoked over 100,000 visas, including thousands held by international students and specialized professionals, citing criminal encounters with U.S. law enforcement. In a statement posted on X on Monday, the department said: “The State Department has now revoked over 100,000 visas, including some 8,000 student visas and 2,500 specialized visas for individuals who had encounters with U.S. law enforcement for criminal activity.” Officials described the action as part of broader efforts to enhance public safety and enforce immigration laws. The department added, “We will continue to deport these thugs to keep America safe.” The statement did not provide a specific timeline for the revocations or detail the types of offenses involved, but it underscores the U.S. government’s ongoing crackdown on visa holders linked to criminal activity. This follows earlier measures in August 2025, when more than 6,000 international student visas were canceled due to violations of U.S. law and overstays. At the time, the State Department told the BBC that the majority of violations involved assault, driving under the influence, burglary, and support for terrorism. Throughout 2025, the Trump administration has stepped up scrutiny of international students and visa applicants. Visa appointments were temporarily paused earlier in the year, and when scheduling resumed in June, applicants were required to make their social media accounts public for enhanced vetting. Officials said profiles would be reviewed for “any indications of hostility toward the citizens, culture, government, institutions, or founding principles of the United States.”

Read More

Native Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Scamming Fans With Mali AFCON Victory Claims

A self-proclaimed marabout was arrested in Bamako for allegedly defrauding football fans by promising victory for the Mali national team at the Africa Cup of Nations. The man, identified as Mr Sinayogo, reportedly collected over 22 million CFA francs, roughly €33,500, from supporters before Mali’s 1-0 quarter-final defeat to Senegal. He is now being held by the cybercrime division on charges of fraud. Two videographers who visited him confirmed his detention, noting that authorities had delayed action while the tournament was ongoing. According to a social media content creator close to Sinayogo, the man, formerly a political activist, “proclaimed himself a marabout overnight and made a fortune.” Mali’s hopes of reaching the semi-finals ended in Tangiers on January 9 when recalled Senegal striker Iliman Ndiaye scored in the first half. The match turned further against Mali when captain Yves Bissouma was sent off in first-half added time after receiving a second yellow card. Mali goalkeeper Djigui Diarra made a string of outstanding saves, but a costly error allowed Senegal to take the lead. Senegal, the 2022 champions, will face either title-holders Ivory Coast or seven-time winners Egypt in the semi-finals. Ndiaye, who was named player of the match, said, “I am happy to have won the award, but the most important thing is we have progressed to the semi-finals. We played well and are constantly improving.” Senegal coach Pape Thiaw added, “It was not an easy match against a talented Mali team. Had we been more clinical in front of goal we could have scored more goals.” Mali coach Tom Saintfiet said, “It was a difficult match for us because we had to play with 10 men. I am proud of the players for what they did, not only tonight but throughout the AFCON.” Earlier in the match, Bissouma was yellow-carded for fouling Senegal forward Sadio Mane, while Mali striker Lassine Sinayoko was denied by a brilliant sliding tackle from Senegal’s Krepin Diatta.

Read More

Nigerian Player, Terem Moffi And Teammate, Jérémie Boga Seek OGC Nice Exit After Violent Fan Attack

Nigeria international Terem Moffi and his OGC Nice teammate Jérémie Boga have taken formal steps to end their contracts with the Ligue 1 side following a violent confrontation with supporters late last year. The duo were attacked by angry fans at Nice’s training ground in November 2025 after a 3-1 defeat to Lorient. Reports said the supporters physically assaulted the players, hitting, kicking and spitting on them in the aftermath of the loss. According to Get French Football News, both players were targeted over separate incidents that sparked outrage among sections of the fanbase. Moffi, a former Lorient player, was seen laughing with Lorient president Loïc Féry on Ligue 1 Plus after the match, which marked Nice’s sixth consecutive defeat in all competitions. Boga also came under fire after inviting Olympique de Marseille fans to the Allianz Riviera ahead of Nice’s heavy 5-1 home defeat to their rivals, an action for which he later apologised. Neither Moffi nor Boga has featured for Nice since the incident. L’Équipe reports that the players have now officially initiated the process to leave the club. “Since the incident, Boga and Moffi have been unable to return to first-team training,” Get French Football News wrote. “Their initial sick leave period was meant to last around one week; however, it has been repeatedly extended. The two Nice players have also opened legal proceedings against the alleged perpetrators of the violence on November 30. The players’ lawyers have now moved to see their contracts terminated, on the basis that the necessary measures to ensure their security were not taken by the club.” The report added that a meeting with the league’s judicial commission is scheduled for Thursday. Moffi and Boga are both contracted to Nice until the summer of 2027. The 26-year-old Moffi recently returned from injury after being sidelined since October and has featured in 10 matches this season, scoring two league goals.

Read More

Regina Daniels Brother Arrested During Live Video Over Ned Nwoko Family Dispute

Sammy Daniels, brother of Nollywood actress Regina Daniels, was taken into police custody during a live video on Lagos’ Third Mainland Bridge. The arrest comes amid ongoing tensions within the Daniels family. Regina Daniels accused her husband, Ned Nwoko, of orchestrating the arrest after he denied allegations that her family stole $40,000 from him. Authorities stated that Sammy’s detention followed a petition alleging conspiracy, trespass, assault, intimidation, theft, and cyberbullying. The Daniels family described the arrest as an abuse of power by Nwoko. Regina Daniels brother and best friend was arrested some minutes ago, while on instagram live. Who do you think is behind this ? pic.twitter.com/zAIgxMDq6r — Just Eniola 💜 (@JustEniola01) January 12, 2026

Read More

Real Madrid Appoints Álvaro Arbeloa As First-Team Manager After Success With Youth Teams

Real Madrid has named former defender and Castilla coach Álvaro Arbeloa as the club’s new first-team manager, the club confirmed in an official statement. The 43-year-old, a lifelong Madridista, moves up after six years of coaching within Real Madrid’s youth academy and reserve setup, making his appointment a major internal promotion. According to the club, “Álvaro Arbeloa will be the new first-team coach. He has been in charge of Castilla since June 2025 and has spent his entire coaching career in our youth academy since 2020. He led the Under-14s A to a league title in 2020–2021, coached the Under-16s in 2021–2022, and the Under-19s from 2022 to 2025. With the Under-19s, he won a treble in 2022–2023 (League, Copa del Rey, and UEFA Youth League) and another league title in 2024–2025.” Arbeloa enjoyed a distinguished playing career at Real Madrid from 2009 to 2016, making 238 appearances and winning eight major trophies, including two Champions League titles, one La Liga crown, two Copa del Rey trophies, one Club World Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, and one Spanish Super Cup. He was also part of Spain’s golden generation, lifting the 2010 World Cup and the 2008 and 2012 European Championships. The appointment follows the mutual departure of Xabi Alonso as first-team coach earlier this month. Sources say Arbeloa’s promotion is aimed at maintaining continuity, prioritizing youth development, and leveraging his deep knowledge of the club during this transitional period. During his playing days, Arbeloa was known for his versatility, tactical intelligence, and reliability as a full-back. He played a key role during the shift from the Galácticos era to the Cristiano Ronaldo-led dominance, contributing to multiple domestic and European titles. Arbeloa began his coaching career immediately after retiring in 2017, joining Real Madrid’s academy in 2020. He quickly gained a reputation for nurturing talent and implementing possession-based, structured football. His greatest success came with the Juvenil A (Under-19) team, securing a historic treble in 2022–2023 and a league title in 2024–2025. After stepping up to Castilla in June 2025, he guided the reserve team to a mid-table finish in the Primera Federación while integrating several academy graduates into the first-team squad. Club president Florentino Pérez is said to have personally backed Arbeloa’s promotion, seeing him as the ideal link between Real Madrid’s youth system and the senior team.

Read More

Arsenal To Host Wigan As Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City Draw Revealed In FA Cup Fourth Round

Arsenal, who currently top the Premier League, will take on League One side and former FA Cup winners Wigan Athletic in the fourth round of the competition. The Gunners booked their spot after a 4-1 comeback victory over Portsmouth on Sunday, with Gabriel Martinelli netting a hat-trick. Chelsea will face Hull City on the road following their win against Charlton Athletic in Liam Rosenior’s first game as the Blues’ manager. Liverpool, if they get past League One side Barnsley, will host Brighton at Anfield. Brighton famously knocked out Manchester United in the third round. Aston Villa and Newcastle are set for a Premier League showdown at Villa Park, promising a thrilling clash in the fourth round. Manchester City will enjoy another home tie, facing either League Two’s Salford City or Swindon Town after their dominant 10-1 victory over League One Exeter City. Other notable ties include Stoke City vs Fulham, Southampton vs Leicester, and Birmingham City vs Leeds United. Full FA Cup fourth-round draw: Liverpool or Barnsley vs Brighton Stoke City vs Fulham Oxford United vs Sunderland Southampton vs Leicester Wrexham vs Ipswich Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic Hull City vs Chelsea Burton Albion vs West Ham Burnley vs Mansfield Town Norwich City vs West Brom Port Vale vs Bristol City Grimsby Town vs Wolves Aston Villa vs Newcastle Manchester City vs Salford or Swindon Macclesfield vs Brentford Birmingham City vs Leeds United

Read More

Old Video Of Carter Efe Warning Baby Mama Over TikTok Dance Surfaces Online

An old video of Nigerian content creator Carter Efe addressing his baby mama has recently resurfaced online, drawing fresh attention to their past relationship. In the clip, Carter Efe confronts his partner, raising his voice and suddenly shouting “YOU!”, which visibly startled her. He then delivered a firm warning, saying: “Let me warn you for the last time. The day you shake your bumbum on TikTok is the day you are going to Shoba — you are going home.” The video has sparked reactions across social media, with many questioning the tone and intensity of his message. The resurfacing comes amid ongoing discussions about Carter Efe and his baby mama, Emmanuella, who recently spoke out about their past. She accused him of emotional manipulation and control during their time together and disputed his claims of being single for over a year, revealing they had been involved shortly before his public statements. The clip has reignited debates among fans, highlighting how personal disputes can quickly play out in the public eye, leaving viewers divided over Carter Efe’s behavior and approach in the video. A previously unseen video of Carter Efe and his baby mama resurfaces as tensions continue between them pic.twitter.com/Oks0NX7iyV — TRENCH STAR (@TRENCH_STAR_) January 12, 2026

Read More

Ninety-Five Princes and Princesses Declare Interest In Awujale Stool Of Ijebuland

A total of ninety-five princes and princesses from the Fusengbuwa Ruling House have expressed interest in ascending to the stool of Awujale of Ijebuland. The Olori Ebi of the Fusengbuwa Ruling House, Otunba Jadiara Lateef Owoyemi, made the disclosure during the commencement of the nomination meeting held at Bisi Rodipe Hall, GRA, Ijebu Ode. Other key members of the ruling house present at the meeting included the Deputy Olori Ebi, Otunba Ajidagba, and the Chairman, Chief Fassy Yusuf, among others. Otunba Owoyemi, a former ICAN President, explained that the names of candidates who successfully cleared the initial screening would be forwarded to the Afobajes. The Afobajes are then responsible for selecting one candidate to become the next Awujale and submitting the choice to the Ogun State Government for approval. He further advised that anyone with objections or grievances regarding the process should direct them to the government through the proper channels.

Read More