Portable Arraigned, Remanded Over Assault, Theft Charges In Ogun

Nigerian singer Portable has been arraigned and remanded at a federal high court in Ota, Ogun State, over multiple criminal charges. He appeared in court on Monday facing a nine-count charge that includes assault, theft, resisting arrest, and causing harm. The allegations relate to an incident on New Year’s Day at his Odogwu Bar in Iyana Ilogbo, where prosecutors claim he attacked his estranged partner, Ashabi Simple, several police officers, and other individuals. The police also allege that Portable stole a Mercedes‑Benz E300 worth around N12 million, registered to Ileyemi Damilola. Two of Ashabi Simple’s siblings testified in court, though she was absent. In addition, the singer is accused of obstructing and assaulting W/Inspector Ogungbe Olayemi while she was performing her official duties. Portable’s bail request was denied because the police officer allegedly assaulted was not present to testify. He has been remanded in custody and will return to court on January 19 for another bail hearing.

Read More

Phyna Claims Iyabo Ojo Distanced Herself Over Her Association With VDM, Calls Him ‘Very Dirty Boy’

Reality TV star Phyna has claimed that Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo has distanced herself from her due to her involvement with controversial influencer VeryDarkMan (VDM), whom she labeled a “very dirty boy.” Speaking during a recent livestream, Phyna explained that the change in their relationship began after she responded publicly to a statement by VDM. “The issues she was having… he was involved in them, so I tweeted to reply to VDM because he made a statement. But it was misunderstood. Since then, I feel mama doesn’t like me as much anymore. Before, she used to comment on my posts, she used to like them, but now she no longer likes or follows me. And I’m very sure it’s because of the dirty boy,” she said. Phyna added that the situation has affected her interactions with others online. “It’s what I have to face. I even went as far as confronting him—not to insult, but I attacked her V.E.L because of this same dirty boy. I’ve had my fair share. I’ve fought a lot, and people have stopped talking to me. I remember when I posted something about the dirty boy again, Angel Big Brother… she commented in a way that showed she was clearly not happy with me at all,” she continued. Her revelations have sparked reactions on social media, with fans discussing the reported fallout between Phyna and Iyabo Ojo and the influence of VDM on their strained relationship. Iyabo Ojo started disliking me because of my issue with VerDarkMan She no longer like or comment on my posts again, VDM is a very dirty boy —-Phyna pic.twitter.com/mbnATHquct — Metro Naija (@metronaija) January 13, 2026

Read More

Eso Dike Reveals It Took Over 7 Years To Earn First 1 Million Naira From Acting

Actor Eso Dike has revealed that it took him more than seven years to earn his first 1 million naira from acting. In a conversation with Chude Jideonwo, Dike reflected on his early days in the industry and the gradual pace of his financial growth. “It took me more than 7 years to make my first 1 million Naira bulk as an actor… I am not a portrayer of suffering, so even if I’m struggling, you won’t know,” he said. A law graduate from the University of Benin, Eso Dike later transitioned into acting and has featured in popular TV shows like Tinsel and The Smart Money Woman, as well as Nollywood films including Game On and Ricordi.

Read More

Man United Set to Appoint Michael Carrick as Interim Manager

Michael Carrick is set to be confirmed as Manchester United’s interim head coach until the end of the season. A deal has been agreed in principle to appoint Carrick and his coaching staff, and work is now taking place to finalise contract details ahead of an official announcement. That could potentially come later on Tuesday and the 44-year-old’s first game in charge is set to be Saturday’s Manchester derby. Carrick and his staff could take their first training session on Wednesday. The first-team squad are off on Tuesday, but preparations for the visit of Manchester City will step up a level tomorrow. Carrick emerged as the preferred candidate to take over until the end of the season after face-to-face talks with chief executive Omar Berrada and director of football Jason Wilcox. Carrick met the pair last Thursday, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke to them on Saturday. Berrada and Carrick were impressed with Carrick’s vision during those discussions and held further talks on Monday with a view to concluding a deal. That included the make-up of the former Middlesbrough manager’s backroom team, with United short of senior coaches after the departure of Ruben Amorim and his Portuguese coaching team. Carrick took charge of United for three games in the autumn of 2021 after Solskjaer was sacked, steering them to victories against Villarreal and Arsenal and a draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He had been a part of Solskjaer’s staff but left the club when Ralf Rangnick was appointed until the end of the season. He has since had a spell in charge of Middlesbrough, reaching the play-offs in 2022/23, but he was sacked at the end of last season after a 10th place finish.

Read More

Olubadan Snubs Alaafin At 2026 Oyo Inter-Faith Gathering

A mild drama unfolded yesterday at the 2026 Inter-Faith Gathering held at the Secretariat’s Grand Space in Ibadan, as the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Akeem Owoade, appeared to be snubbed by the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Rashidi Ladoja. The event, which brought together traditional rulers, religious leaders, senior government officials, and community representatives, focused on promoting unity, peaceful coexistence, and mutual understanding across Oyo State. During the gathering, the Alaafin extended a hand in greeting to the Olubadan, but the gesture was not returned. The Olubadan later greeted Governor Seyi Makinde and other dignitaries before proceeding to his seat. Several attendees witnessed the moment, which quickly became a topic of public discussion. Opinions on the incident were divided. Some described it as unfortunate, while others urged caution, noting that long-standing traditional protocols and hierarchy might explain the exchange. Observers suggested that such interactions could influence perceptions of respect and decorum among royal institutions. Speaking at the event, Governor Makinde called on residents of Oyo State to remain vigilant and security-conscious, emphasizing that peace and safety require cooperation between the government and citizens.

Read More

Edo Court Remands 52 Protesters Following Violent Anti-Kidnapping Rally In Ekpoma

A federal high court in Edo State on Monday, January 12, remanded 52 protesters over allegations of malicious damage and armed robbery following a demonstration against kidnapping in Ekpoma, Esan West Local Government Area (LGA). The protesters, including students from Ambrose Alli University (AAU), were arrested after a protest on Saturday, January 10, escalated into violence, leading to the looting and vandalization of shops and other properties. Presiding Judge William Aziegbemi stated that the court lacked jurisdiction over the matter and instructed the defendants’ lawyers to file their bail applications at the Ubiaja High Court. The case was adjourned to February 26, with the suspects remanded at the Ubiaja Correctional Centre. Residents of Ekpoma and nearby communities had taken to the streets to protest rising kidnappings in the area, marching with placards and demanding government action. The Edo State Police Command said the protest was hijacked, resulting in widespread property damage, looting, and an attack on the palace of Zaiki Anthony Abumere II, the Onojie of Ekpoma—a move condemned by Governor Monday Okpebholo. Security forces, including police and military personnel, were deployed to restore order. During the incident, a military officer reportedly fired a gun, injuring a 32-year-old protester, Osagie Abraham, who is receiving treatment at a local medical facility. Military authorities have been notified to take action against the personnel involved. The police stressed that while citizens have a constitutional right to protest, demonstrations must remain peaceful and within legal bounds. They also assured the public that security operations would be intensified to curb kidnappings and other criminal activities in the state. The protest followed a spike in kidnappings across Edo State, including recent abductions and the killing of medical doctors, which have heightened public concern.

Read More

Harrysong Confirms Polygamous Relationship After Divorce, Says All Girlfriends Are Happy

Harrysong has opened up about his love life, confirming that he is now in a polygamous relationship following his divorce from wife Alexer Peres. The Reggae Blues singer stated that all his current girlfriends are aware of each other and are happy with the arrangement. He defended polygamy, citing American singer Ne-Yo, who is married to three women, as an example. “I’m currently in a polygamous relationship… Everybody is being treated right and respectfully. Everyone willing joined. No one was forced,” Harrysong said. He also revealed that some of his girlfriends are foreign, including an American. Harrysong and Alexer Peres separated in 2024 after three years of marriage, amid allegations of infidelity and domestic violence from both sides.

Read More

Comedienne Princess Calls On Pastors To Help Find Husband, Hopes To Be Engaged By September 2026

Comedienne Princess stirred conversations online after going live on social media to speak about her search for a husband. During the livestream, she called on well-known Nigerian pastors, including Jerry Eze, Bolaji Idowu, and Femi Lazarus, saying she has prayed and fasted as they preach, but now wants to take practical steps to secure a life partner. “I need a kind and responsible man to marry. I am tired. I must be married in 2026,” she declared. Princess added that she is looking for men in their 40s or 50s, whether widowers or divorcees, but not separated men. She encouraged viewers to send the Instagram handles of any suitable men from their churches to her direct messages. Addressing potential critics, Princess warned, “If you mock me, God will judge you.” She expressed her hope of being engaged by September this year, emphasizing that her search combines faith with decisive action. The livestream quickly drew reactions online, with fans offering prayers, encouragement, and support for her quest to find a partner and settle down in 2026.

Read More