Brooklyn Beckham Says He Won’t Reconcile With Parents, Accuses David and Victoria of Media Lies

Brooklyn Beckham has opened up about his ongoing feud with his parents, Victoria and David Beckham, saying he has no plans to reconcile with them. He accused them of spreading false information in the media and interfering in his marriage. On Monday, January 19, Brooklyn took to Instagram to explain that he had tried to keep family matters private but felt forced to respond after repeated media reports. He said he is now standing up for himself against attempts to control his life. “I have been silent for years and made every effort to keep these matters private. Unfortunately, my parents and their team have continued to go to the press, leaving me with no choice but to speak for myself and tell the truth about only some of the lies that have been printed.” “I do not want to reconcile with my family. I’m not being controlled, I’m standing up for myself for the first time in my life. Recently, I have seen with my own eyes the lengths that they’ll go through to place countless lies in the media, mostly at the expense of innocent people, to preserve their own facade. But I believe the truth always comes out.” Brooklyn also revealed that he suffered from intense anxiety growing up, which has lessened since he moved out of his parents’ home. The dispute has reportedly involved his younger brother, Cruz. Last December, Cruz responded to a Daily Mail report claiming Brooklyn had been unfollowed by their parents on social media, stating that the family had all been blocked accidentally. Brooklyn, however, insists that Cruz was used by his parents to target him online. “Sent to attack me on social media, before they ultimately blocked me out of nowhere this last summer,” Brooklyn said. The BBC reached out to David and Victoria Beckham, the former footballer and former Spice Girl, for comment, but neither has responded to their son’s allegations.

Read More

Morocco to Take Legal Action After Senegal Walk-Off in Afcon Final

Morocco is set to take legal action following the dramatic Africa Cup of Nations final on Sunday, where Senegal walked off the pitch in protest over a penalty decision but eventually won the match. The final in Rabat ended 1-0 in favour of Senegal after extra time. Morocco had a chance to snatch victory with a last-minute penalty at the end of regulation, awarded after a VAR review determined a tug on striker Brahim Diaz’s shoulder. Senegalese players reacted by leaving the field, causing a 14-minute delay before returning, during which Diaz missed the crucial spot-kick. In a statement, the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (RMFF) said: “The Royal Moroccan Football Federation announces that it will pursue legal action with the Confederation of African Football and FIFA to rule on the walk-off of the Senegalese national team from the field during the final against the Moroccan national team, as well as on the events surrounding this decision, following the referee’s awarding of a penalty that was deemed correct by all experts.” The federation added: “This situation had a significant impact on the normal course of the match and on the players’ performance.” While Morocco’s specific aims in lodging the complaint remain unclear beyond challenging the match events, the incident has drawn widespread condemnation from football authorities. Fifa President Gianni Infantino and CAF both criticised Senegal’s players and coaching staff, stating that walk-offs and violent reactions have no place in the sport.

Read More

FCTA Says 10 of 14 Workers’ Demands Met, Pledges to Address Remaining Issues Amid Abuja Strike

The Federal Capital Territory Administration has said it has resolved most of the issues raised by workers currently on strike in Abuja. In a statement released on Monday, the senior special assistant to the FCT minister on public communications and social media, Lere Olayinka, said 10 out of the 14 demands submitted by the workers had already been met, while discussions were ongoing to resolve the remaining four. “The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has said that 10 out the 14 demands of the workers that are on strike have been met, adding that other demands are being looked into with a view to addressing them.” Workers of the Federal Capital Territory Administration and the Federal Capital Development Authority on Monday embarked on an indefinite strike, bringing government activities in Abuja to a halt. The action followed a directive from the Joint Union Action Congress after an earlier ultimatum over outstanding demands was not addressed. Olayinka said senior officials of the administration had engaged union leaders in several meetings, including sessions held on Saturday and Sunday, adding that the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, had shown commitment to resolving all the issues. The statement listed measures already taken, including the payment of five months’ outstanding wage award, settlement of 13 months Hazard Allowance and 22 months Rural Allowance owed to health workers, and the payment of arrears amounting to N286,166,772.46, affecting 724 officers across 24 secretariats, departments and agencies. On the issue of extending the tenure of retired directors and permanent secretaries, the administration said the matter had been resolved, with assurances that Public Service Rules would be adhered to. “On elongation of tenure of retired Directors and Permanent Secretaries in violation of the Public Service Rules, this has been ressolved with Minister assuring the workers of strict compliance with the Public Service Rules.” The statement also addressed concerns raised by JUAC regarding staff training and retraining, noting that steps had been taken to address the matter. “JUAC also raised the issue of training and retraining of staff and on this, on this, all SDAs have been directed to forward general and specialized training needs to the permanent Secretary, Common Services for onward submission to the office of the Head of Service for further necessary action.” The FCTA dismissed claims of non-remittance of pension and National Housing Fund deductions, explaining that a committee had been constituted to monitor all deductions and remittances. It described the strike as unnecessary, ill-motivated and aimed at objectives beyond workers’ welfare, given what it described as the extensive efforts already made by the minister to meet nearly all the demands. The administration also called on security agencies to ensure that workers who chose not to participate in the strike are allowed unhindered access to their offices to carry out their lawful duties.

Read More

Former OPEC President Diezani Alison-Madueke Appears In London Court Ahead Of Bribery Trial

Diezani Alison-Madueke, Nigeria’s former oil minister and a past president of OPEC, appeared before a London court on Monday as proceedings began ahead of her bribery trial. The opening phase of the case is focused on preliminary and procedural issues, including jury selection, with Alison-Madueke present in court. The substantive trial is slated to start on Monday, January 26, and is expected to run for about 10 to 12 weeks. Alison-Madueke served as Nigeria’s minister of petroleum resources between 2010 and 2015, making history as the first woman to hold the position and later the first female president of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. Now 65, she has been on bail since her arrest in London in October 2015 and has pleaded not guilty to all six counts brought against her. In 2023, the UK’s National Crime Agency formally charged her over alleged bribery offences said to have taken place between 2011 and 2015, during her time in office. “We suspect Diezani Alison-Madueke abused her power in Nigeria and accepted financial rewards for awarding multi-million-pound contracts.” Court documents allege that she received benefits worth at least £100,000, including cash payments, chauffeur-driven vehicles, private jet flights and access to several properties in London. Prosecutors also claim the rewards extended to luxury items and services such as designer goods from stores including Louis Vuitton, furniture, home renovations, household staff and the payment of private school fees. Two other defendants are facing related bribery charges in the case. Doye Agama joined Monday’s hearing by video link, while Olatimbo Ayinde was physically present in the dock.

Read More

Tinubu Holds Private Meeting With Kano Governor Amid Defection Rumors

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is currently in a private meeting with Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf at the State House in Abuja. Governor Yusuf arrived shortly after 4 pm and was escorted to the President’s office by Chief of Staff Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila. The meeting comes amid speculation that the NNPP governor may be considering a defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), though the exact reason for the discussion remains undisclosed. NNPP national leader Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso had previously dismissed claims that he approved or endorsed any move by Governor Yusuf to switch parties. Unconfirmed reports suggest that a planned defection may have stalled over disagreements concerning an automatic second-term ticket. Observers note that the meeting with President Tinubu could be connected to these developments. Further details are expected to emerge later.

Read More

Alleged N125m Fraud: Ex- Reps Gave Me 14 Dud Cheques -Witness Tells Court

The First Prosecution Witness, PW1, Mustapha Usman in the trial of a former member, House of Representatives, Aliyu Ibrahim Gebi on Monday, January 19, 2026 narrated before a Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja and presided over by Justice Jude Onwuegbuzie how the defendant gave him 14 dud cheques worth N125, 000.000 (One Hundred and Twenty Five Million Naira). The witness, while being led in evidence by prosecution counsel Slyvanus Tahir, SAN disclosed that he met the defendant through Hajiya Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed, a then House of Representative member. According to him, “In 2011, Gebi approached Honourable Aishatu for a friendly loan of N125 million and it was granted. I was there when the first defendant wrote an undertaking to repay in 60 days’ time without interest. At the expiry date of the 60 days, he did not fulfil his obligation, after which I met with the defendant, for the repayment of the loan. “Thereafter, he gave me some cheques, totalling N125, 500,000, (One Hundred and Twenty-five Million, Five Hundred Thousand. The N500, 000 (Five Hundred Thousand) on it was when I was following up on the repayment, he told me he was expecting some money from the United States of America and he asked me for N1million for his ticket and I gave him N500,000 to reduce the risk. Some of the cheques were from Craft Technology Ltd while some were directly from the first defendant’s personal account. The cheques were issued by the first defendant in favor of my company Musty Petroleum Limited. They were 14 in total.” Testifying further, he said, “I presented the cheques to UBA and they were returned unpaid. I was told withdrawal attention was required. Because the cheques were UBA cheques where I also have an account, I got to know that Craft Technologies Ltd and the first defendant personal accounts were not funded. I went back to him and he kept on promising that he will pay.  When the payment was not forthcoming, I wrote a petition to EFCC and at that point, he started paying. “He paid the first N20 million and another N34 million. He was paying in bits, up till when he started the court case. The last payment was about two weeks ago. I got a credit of N12 million. So when we came to court the last time, which was December 18, 2025. He told me he had finished paying and I said to him that that was not correct. He looked at his records and he paid the outstanding the same day after leaving the court. The outstanding was N10, 500,000 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand.” The letter of undertaking, dated December 19, 2011 was tendered and admitted in evidence, marked Exhibit PW1a. The 14 cheques in favor of Musty Technology Ltd, dated January 12, 2012 were tendered and admitted in evidence, marked PW1b to PW1xiv. The petition to the EFCC, dated September 13, 2012, was equally admitted and marked PW16l. Justice Onwuegbuzie adjourned the matter till January 21, 2026 for continuation of trial. Gebi was first arraigned on January 29, 2013 before Justice Abba Mohammed of the Federal Capital Territory High Court on a13-count charge. With Justice Mohammed’s elevation to the Court of Appeal, the case was reassigned to Justice Onwuegbuzie.

Read More

Ex-AGF Abubakar Malami Re-Arrested by DSS Despite Fulfilling Bail Conditions

Former Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, has been taken into custody by the Department of State Services (DSS) shortly after leaving Kuje Prison, where he had fulfilled his bail conditions. Sources say Malami is now the subject of a fresh investigation by the DSS. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) reportedly discovered firearms at his Kebbi residence during a recent search. Malami had earlier warned of a potential plot by the DSS to re-arrest him while he was still at the correctional facility. On Wednesday, a Federal High Court had granted bail to him, his wife, and his son, each set at ₦500 million with two sureties. In a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Mohammed Bello Doka, Malami alleged that the DSS had been conducting surveillance at Kuje Prison with the intention of re-arresting him. Despite meeting all bail requirements, the former AGF was reportedly taken into DSS custody.

Read More

Portable Finally Regains Freedom After Nine Days in Prison

Portable has been released from prison, delighting fans and sparking celebrations online. In a video making the rounds on social media, the singer appeared smiling at the camera while his team cheered and hailed him. His release comes just days after he was denied bail over allegations of assault on his baby mama, a case that had kept him behind bars and fans anxious. Social media erupted as supporters shared clips of the singer’s triumphant return to freedom. The development marks a dramatic turn in a case that has dominated headlines, with many now eager to see what Portable does next following his release. portable don comot for cell, he go soon drop full album 😂 pic.twitter.com/gdaFQoaJ16 — DMT 🌎💫 (@thisisdmt01) January 19, 2026

Read More