iShowSpeed Confirms Nigeria’s ‘Jollof Rice’ Betters Senegal’s Jollof

American streamer iShowSpeed has declared that Nigeria serves the best jollof rice, claiming it beats Senegal’s version during a livestream in Nigeria. During the session, he told his audience, “Nigeria had the best Jollof so far,” a statement that earned loud applause from fans watching live. The remark came after Speed recently visited Senegal, where he tasted their local jollof rice before returning home. Drawing from his firsthand experience, he confidently gave Nigeria the edge, reigniting the ongoing debate over which West African country makes the finest jollof rice. Fans of Nigerian jollof have praised his declaration, celebrating the recognition of their iconic dish. IShowSpeed officially rated Nigerian jollof rice as the best in Africa, putting it ahead of Senegal and Ghana 🇳🇬🔥🤣 pic.twitter.com/tEyWb0kJ8K — Twitch Naija (@Twitchnaija) January 21, 2026

Read More

Bobrisky Claims Colleagues’ Fame “Sank Like Titanic Yacht” Since UK Relocation

Social media personality Bobrisky has taken a jab at his colleagues in Nigeria, claiming their online engagement and popularity have sharply declined since he relocated to the United Kingdom. In a post on Instagram, he wrote: “But wait!!! As soon as I left Nigeria all dis wanna be Bob in Nigeria engagement and name sank like Titanic yacht. You can see I was the one helping them get noticed. How can you post and have 17 comment? Literally all ur post are hidden. Likes damn, from fame to followers.” Bobrisky suggested that many of these “wannabe Bob” influencers relied on his presence to boost their visibility, and now struggle to attract attention on social media. His comments underline his view that his influence had been key in helping some peers gain recognition in Nigeria’s digital scene before his move to the UK.

Read More

Trump Warns Iran of Complete Destruction Over Alleged Assassination Threats

United States President Donald Trump has warned Iran that any attempt on his life by Tehran’s leaders would be met with massive retaliation. Speaking on NewsNation’s Katie Pavlich Tonight on Tuesday, Trump said the country would face total destruction if an attack were carried out against him. “Well, they shouldn’t be doing it but I’ve left notification, if anything ever happens, we’re going to blow the whole — the whole country’s going to get blown up,” he said. Trump revealed that Biden-era intelligence officials had briefed him on the alleged threats during his 2024 presidential campaign. Former U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland had earlier said the plot was linked to retaliation for the 2020 killing of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani. The president criticised former President Joe Biden for not addressing the threat publicly, saying, “Presidents should defend each other on such issues.” Trump added, “But I have very firm instructions. Anything happens they’re going to wipe them off the face of this earth.” He previously issued similar warnings after signing an executive order granting him broad authority to engage with Iran and apply maximum pressure. “If they do that, they would be obliterated. That would be the end. I’ve left instructions, if they do it, they get obliterated. There won’t be anything left,” Trump said at the time. The president also cautioned that military action remains an option following weeks of anti-government protests in Iran, which reportedly resulted in more than 3,300 deaths in clashes with security forces. He noted, however, that he had recently been informed the killings had stopped.

Read More

Osimhen, Lookman, Bassey Named in AFCON 2025 Team of the Tournament

Victor Osimhen, Ademola Lookman, and Calvin Bassey have earned spots in the Team of the Tournament at the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations. The trio were among Nigeria’s standout performers as the Super Eagles finished third at the competition under the guidance of head coach Eric Chelle. Osimhen made a strong impact in attack, scoring four goals and recording two assists during the tournament. Lookman was one of the most influential players in Nigeria’s campaign, notching three goals and providing five assists in six appearances. In defence, Bassey proved dependable and composed, anchoring the backline with consistent performances in Morocco. The selections were made by the Confederation of African Football’s Technical Study Group, which assessed players’ contributions throughout the tournament.

Read More

NNPP Tells Governor Abba Yusuf to Resign Membership Before Any Move to APC

The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kano State has told Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf that he is free to leave the party but must first submit a formal resignation before joining the All Progressives Congress (APC). The warning comes amid speculation that the governor may defect to the ruling party following his recent closed-door meeting with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Yusuf, who was elected on the NNPP platform in 2023, has faced persistent political crises in the state since assuming office. Addressing journalists in Kano on Tuesday, NNPP State Chairman, Senator Elmasud Doguwa, said the party would not force the governor to remain if he no longer wished to continue under its platform. However, he stressed that party rules must be respected. Doguwa said Governor Yusuf remains a registered member of the NNPP and has not officially communicated any intention to resign. According to him, the governor must notify the legally recognised leadership of the party in writing before aligning with another political party. He warned that defecting without following due process could attract legal consequences, especially in view of existing court judgments and ongoing litigation concerning the party’s leadership. Doguwa also maintained that the current NNPP leadership in Kano is backed by court rulings and called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to uphold and enforce those decisions. He concluded by reiterating that while political affiliation is a personal choice, it must be exercised in line with the law and the party’s constitution.

Read More

Awujale Stool: DSS Summons Shortlisted Candidates as Succession Tension Escalate in Ogun

The Department of State Services (DSS) has summoned all nominees vying for the vacant Awujale throne of Ijebuland. The January 20 invitation, issued through a letter from the secretary of the Awujale Afobaje Council, directed the heads of the Fusengbuwa ruling house—including Lateef Owoyemi, Dokun Ajidagba, and Fassy Yusuf—to ensure that all candidates report to the DSS office along NTA Road, beside the state psychiatric hospital off Igbeba Road in Ijebu-Ode. In a separate notice, the kingmakers announced the cancellation of the scheduled meet-and-greet event, instructing nominees to follow the DSS directives instead. This development comes amid rising tension surrounding the selection of the next Awujale, following earlier government intervention. The Ogun State government had previously suspended the process due to petitions, procedural concerns, and security reports, citing the need to preserve peace, order, and the integrity of the stool. The DSS action adds another layer of scrutiny to the succession process, highlighting the prominence of the Awujale throne as one of Yorubaland’s most significant traditional institutions.

Read More

Suicide Bomber Strikes Military Convoy in Borno, Killing Five Soldiers

A suicide bomber struck a military convoy in the Timbuktu triangle area of Borno State, killing five soldiers and injuring an unspecified number of others, security sources confirmed. Two senior officers—a major and a lieutenant—were among those affected in the attack. The troops had been returning from a clearance operation that successfully dismantled several insurgent camps and neutralized multiple militants. A soldier on the scene said, “The attack caused significant damage to military equipment used in weeks-long operations.” An officer who spoke on condition of anonymity added, “Every operation comes with setbacks, but we overcame it. Unfortunately, we lost five soldiers in this incident. Manga is hale and hearty, and the operation continues. Armoured and logistics vehicles were destroyed when the van loaded with explosives rammed the convoy on Tuesday.” The bodies of the fallen soldiers have been transported to Maiduguri, while the injured are receiving medical attention. The Timbuktu triangle has previously been the site of deadly attacks, including the ambush and execution of Brigadier General Musa Uba. On Monday, troops of the Joint Task Force North East, Operation HADIN KAI, reported clearing multiple terrorist camps and foiling drone attacks in the area.

Read More

Hilda Baci Becomes Three-Time Guinness World Record Holder After Jollof Rice Feat

Nigerian chef and content creator Hilda Baci has become a three-time Guinness World Records holder, following her record-breaking jollof rice cook in September 2025. Announcing the achievement on Instagram, Hilda revealed that her jollof rice feat not only set a record for the largest serving of Nigerian-style jollof rice but also broke the record for the largest serving of rice overall. This adds to her existing record for the longest cooking marathon, set in 2023, when she spent 93 hours and 11 minutes cooking continuously. The monumental 8,780-kilogram pot of jollof rice was enough to feed over 16,600 people and was officially verified by Guinness World Records on September 15, 2025. In her post, Hilda expressed immense gratitude to her team, Guinness World Records, and supporters: “Woke up a three-time Guinness World Records holder and I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. What a way to step into 2026. Five months after the initial record announcement, I discovered that the same day we broke the Guinness World Record for the largest serving of Nigerian-style jollof rice, we also set the record for the largest serving of rice overall. What I thought was one record turned out to be two—now officially making three Guinness World Records in total. The first person I called was @oreoluwa_atinmo. This journey, this vision, this record would not have been possible without her. From idea to execution, side by side, fully aligned. God is faithful. Even when you think you’ve seen the full picture, He can still say, ‘There’s more.’ To my incredible team, this is OUR win. Every long day, every detail, every push, it all mattered. To Guinness World Records, thank you for the recognition and for honoring this achievement. And to everyone who supported and believed in us, my heart is so full. Still processing. Still grateful. Still in awe 🤍✨” Hilda’s accomplishment cements her status as one of Nigeria’s most celebrated culinary talents and a global record-breaker.

Read More