Joke Thanks Don Jazzy After ₦6 Million Gift Paves Way For Her Move To UK

Joke thanks Don Jazzy after his generosity helped her relocate to the UK. In May 2025, she playfully commented under one of his posts during a ₦1 million giveaway. Don Jazzy asked for her account details and sent her ₦1 million. When Joke shared a screenshot of her balance to thank him, he noticed she had only ₦67 in her account. Amused, he added an extra ₦5 million, bringing the total to ₦6 million. Joke later explained that the support made her travel process out of Nigeria smoother and more convenient. She posted: “I’m truly grateful to @DONJAZZY. The support I received played a big role in this journey, and today I’m in the UK. Thank you for the impact and for changing lives. God bless you always Sir.” Thanks to Don Jazzy, Joke is now starting a new chapter in the UK.

Read More

Davido Thanks Father Adedeji Adeleke For Dismissing Renewed Paternity Claims

Afrobeats sensation Davido has shown appreciation for his father, Adedeji Adeleke, after he publicly defended him against renewed paternity allegations involving Anuoluwapo’s mother. The singer took to X to post a heartfelt message, writing: “Thank you my loving Father … ❤️🙏” in acknowledgment of his father’s support. The tribute came shortly after Adedeji Adeleke held a press conference to address the controversy. During the briefing, he dismissed the paternity claim as unnecessary, noting that DNA tests conducted previously had already cleared Davido of being Anuoluwapo’s biological father. He suggested that the issue should have been considered resolved. Adedeji also singled out controversial journalist Kemi Olunloyo, accusing her of orchestrating the drama and fueling the ongoing dispute. By stepping forward, Adedeji Adeleke appeared to draw a clear line under the long-running saga, while Davido’s public message underscored the unwavering support of his family amid the renewed allegations.

Read More

Enugu Govt Recovers ₦1.28bn From Sujimoto CEO Over Smart School Funds

The Enugu State Government has recovered ₦1.284 billion from Mr Olasijibomi Ogundele, Chief Executive Officer of Sujimoto Luxury Construction Ltd, following an investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission into the alleged diversion of funds earmarked for the construction of Smart Green Schools in the state. The recovered funds, which include payments made to the company for projects reportedly abandoned or largely unexecuted, were formally handed over to the state government on Wednesday at the EFCC Enugu Zonal Office through bank drafts and cheques. While presenting the cheques, EFCC Zonal Director in Enugu, Daniel Ise, said the recovery was carried out in line with the commission’s statutory responsibility to trace, recover and return public funds lost to economic and financial crimes. He explained that the action followed a petition submitted by the Enugu State Government, which triggered a full-scale investigation by the commission. “As of today, we have been able to recover drafts to the tune of ₦1,234,350,000 and an additional ₦50,000,000, bringing the total to ₦1,284,350,000 for the benefit of Enugu State government,” Ise said. He credited the progress made so far to the diligence and professionalism of EFCC officers handling the matter, but stressed that the recovery and handover did not signal the conclusion of the investigation. According to him, the commission will continue to scrutinise all aspects of the petition to ensure that no public funds remain unaccounted for. “This does not mark the end of the case. We will look at every facet of the petition to ensure that every kobo belonging to the Enugu State Government that is not accounted for is tracked and recovered,” he said. Ise added that where evidence of criminal wrongdoing is established, the EFCC would proceed with prosecution in line with existing laws. He also cautioned contractors to strictly comply with relevant regulations, particularly the Procurement Act. The EFCC reaffirmed its commitment to working with governments at all levels to protect public resources, warning that accountability in the execution of public contracts remains non-negotiable.

Read More

Trump Reaches Greenland Deal Framework, Cancels Tariffs On European Allies

United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday disclosed that a framework had been established for a future agreement on Greenland following talks with NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte, a decision that also led to the cancellation of planned tariffs on European allies. Announcing the development on Truth Social, Trump said, “We have formed the framework of a future deal with respect to Greenland and, in fact, the entire Arctic Region.” Although he did not outline the details of the framework, the president said European countries that opposed his bid to acquire Greenland would no longer face tariffs that had been scheduled to begin on February 1. “Based upon this understanding, I will not be imposing the Tariffs that were scheduled to go into effect on February 1st,” he wrote. Trump’s renewed push to gain control of Greenland from Denmark, a fellow NATO member, has in recent weeks unsettled diplomatic ties and triggered volatility in global markets. Earlier in the day at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Trump ruled out the use of force for the first time but pressed for immediate talks with Denmark. “We probably won’t get anything unless I decide to use excessive strength and force where we would be, frankly, unstoppable, but I won’t do that,” he said. “I don’t have to use force. I don’t want to use force. I won’t use force. All the United States is asking for is a place called Greenland.” Following his remarks and subsequent social media post, Wall Street stocks opened higher on Wednesday and extended their gains. Trump has consistently argued that mineral-rich Greenland holds major strategic importance for both the United States and NATO, particularly amid growing competition with Russia and China in the Arctic region.

Read More

Awujale Stool: Governor Abiodun Denies Imposition Claims

Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has clarified circulating reports suggesting a confrontation between him and the Council of Afobajes regarding the Awujale selection. According to official sources, these claims are completely false and misleading. Media aide to the Governor, Kayode Akinmade in a statement on Wednesday, claimed Abiodun held a respectful consultative meeting with the Council of Afobajes, consistent with meetings he held in the past with the Olori Ebis that were hitherto polarised which fostered their harmonisation and, through such earlier engagements, he also persuaded one of the kingmakers to withdraw a filed litigation. The statement read; “The discussions he had focused on matters of mutual concern in the interest of the progress in traditional affairs within Ijebuland. “Contrary to the rumours, Governor Abiodun did not issue threats, ultimatums. Statements attributed to him, including ‘No Kuye, No Awujale’, are entirely fabricated and bear no relation to the Governor or his administration. No Afobaje will attest to such an occurrence, as it never happened. This is once again the fabrication of falsehoods by mischief makers. “The governor remains committed to upholding due process, respecting the autonomy of traditional institutions, and ensuring a fair process in the selection of a new Awujale for Ijebu. His administration continues to prioritize dialogue, harmony, and the preservation of cultural values. “We all know how highly the Governor holds the throne of Awujale which he has consistently demonstrated. “Members of the public, traditional stakeholders, and the media are urged to disregard these unfounded insinuations and rely solely on verified information from official sources.”

Read More

Tiwa Savage’s Son Jamil Meets IShowSpeed During His Visit To Nigeria

Tiwa Savage’s son, Jamil Balogun, recently had an exciting encounter with US YouTube and Twitch star IShowSpeed during the entertainer’s visit to Nigeria as part of his Speed Does Africa tour. Even while Tiwa was away, Jamil reached out to his mother, asking her to make the meeting happen. Sharing the moment on social media, Tiwa revealed that Jamil had called her, saying, “Please mommy, I know you can make me meet @IShowSpeed and I’m all the way in Darvos…” She added jokingly, “Omo see stress o,” acknowledging the effort it took to arrange the meeting, and thanked those who helped make it possible, including @shankcomics, @manlikescoop, @olakunbi.o, @bizzleosikoya, and @boldandbigevent. The snapshot captured a heartwarming parental moment, showing the lengths parents will go to fulfil their children’s special wishes. IShowSpeed’s visit has been a major highlight in Nigeria, with fans thrilled to see him exploring the country, meeting supporters, and sharing his experiences — from local culture to street life — with his millions of followers online.

Read More
FG Clarifies Position on ASUU Agreement, Says 2009 Accord Remains Last Signed Deal

Federal Government Allows Polytechnics To Award Degrees, Ending HND Gap

The Federal Government has announced a major change for polytechnics in Nigeria, giving them the power to award university-style degrees. This move is aimed at ending the long-standing distinction between Higher National Diploma (HND) holders and university graduates. Education Minister, Dr. Tunji Alausa, unveiled the plan on Wednesday during a meeting in Abuja with polytechnic leaders, education commissioners, and other stakeholders. He described the change as historic, saying it would stop years of unfair treatment of polytechnic graduates and position polytechnics as top centres for higher education. Dr. Alausa explained that while polytechnics will now award degrees, they will continue to focus on practical, hands-on training that prepares students for real-world jobs. The policy is part of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, which focuses on creating jobs, expanding industries, and building skilled workers for Nigeria’s future. With this change, polytechnics are expected to work more closely with industries, access better funding, and gain public trust. The government promises that the transition will follow clear rules and quality checks to ensure Nigerian polytechnic degrees meet high standards. The minister also encouraged polytechnic leaders to promote innovation through entrepreneurship hubs, research centres, and partnerships with industries. He highlighted areas such as renewable energy, agriculture technology, digital manufacturing, and climate solutions as key fields for students to focus on. This reform is seen as a major step toward giving polytechnic graduates the same opportunities and recognition as university graduates, while strengthening Nigeria’s workforce and economy.

Read More

FCT Police Arraign 11 Over Killing Of Arise News Journalist In Abuja Robbery

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has arraigned 11 suspects in connection with the killing of Arise News journalist, Somtochukwu Maduagwu, and a security guard, Barnabas Danlami, during a violent robbery at Unique Apartments, Katampe Extension, Abuja, on September 29, 2025. The suspects face a nine-count charge including criminal conspiracy, armed robbery, and murder. The attack reportedly occurred around 3:30 a.m., when armed assailants allegedly moved from flat to flat, robbing residents of their valuables. FCT Police Commissioner Ajao Adewale said officers responded promptly after receiving a distress call from the area. “Policemen moved to the scene and found her lying unconscious. She was immediately taken to Maitama General Hospital, where doctors tried to resuscitate her using CPR, but sadly, she could not make it,” Adewale stated. Investigations revealed that Maduagwu had jumped from the third floor in a desperate attempt to escape the attackers. Danlami, who was on duty as a security guard, was shot during the incident, allegedly by one of the suspects, Shamsudeen Hassan. Police recovered several items during the operation, including a locally fabricated AK-47 rifle, a pump-action gun, a pistol, 36 rounds of live ammunition, two cartridges, knives, a cutlass, four mobile phones belonging to the victims, and nine torchlights. Police spokesperson SP Josephine Adeh said the suspects, all natives of Kaduna and Katsina states, were arrested through coordinated operations in the FCT, Nasarawa, and Kaduna states by a Special Investigation Team from the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID). She added that digital reconstructive intelligence was used to track the gang, which was also linked to previous robberies in Katampe 1, Apo, and Zuba. “Preliminary investigations indicated the gang obtained their firearms from an as-yet-unidentified supplier in the Niger Republic,” Adeh said, noting that the arms dealer operates across the Nigeria–Niger border. The suspects arraigned include Shamsu Hassan, Sani Sirajo, Hassan Isah, Abubakar Alkamu, Abdulsalam Saleh, Suleiman Badamasi, Zaharadeen Mohammed, Musa Umar (aka ‘Small’), Mashkur Jamil, Suleiman Sani, and Abubakar Usman. Police noted that additional suspects — Sumayya Mohammed (aka ‘Baby’), Isah Abdulrahman (aka ‘Abbati’), and Musa Adamu (aka ‘Musa Hassan’) — are still being investigated, and more arrests may follow. The case has been adjourned to February 2026 for further proceedings. The FCT Police Command urged residents to remain vigilant, report suspicious movements through emergency lines, and assured the public of its commitment to justice and safety.

Read More